Russia asking India for another dual 5th gen project.

blackjack

Country flag
Yup here we go again for round 2, if there are pro-Indian domestic 5th gen users that might be pissed, I understand.

https://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/16979563

Russia plans to invite India to cooperate on the Checkmate project
The delegations will discuss this issue during the Aero India 2023 international air show, the source said.

MOSCOW, 7 February. /TASS/. During the Aero India 2023 international air show, the Russian delegation plans to discuss the possibility of cooperation with India in the creation of fifth-generation aircraft, in particular, the Checkmate light tactical fighter. This was reported to TASS by a source close to the Rostec state corporation.

"A delegation of representatives of our aircraft manufacturing companies is coming to Aero India. We plan to discuss cooperation on fifth-generation aircraft. In particular, we intend to invite Indian friends to join the Checkmate light tactical fighter project," the agency's source said.

Aero India 2023 International Aerospace Exhibition will be held in Bangalore from 13 to 17 February. The Indian Air Show is held every two years. Russia is an active participant in the exhibition; in 2021, over 200 samples of Russian military products were presented at it.

About the aircraft

The Checkmate light tactical aircraft developed by Sukhoi (part of the United Aircraft Corporation) was first presented at the MAKS-2021 air show. The foreign presentation of the fighter took place at the Dubai Airshow 2021 in the UAE. It is expected that the pilot batch of fighters will be produced in 2026.

Checkmate includes all the most advanced developments, including an open architecture for building in the interests of the customer and unique artificial intelligence technologies. The aircraft is made using stealth technologies, equipped with an intra-fuselage compartment for air-to-air and air-to-surface weapons.

The payload weight exceeds 7 tons. The fighter will be able to simultaneously hit up to six targets. The speed of a single-engine aircraft will be Mach 1.8, and the combat radius will be 3,000 km.

blackjack

Country flag
I mean I dont think it's that bad because they want to sell it for 25 million to 30 million dollars because I heard you guys spent a shitload of money on the Rafales. But question is how much they will ask from India to invest in another dual 5th gen project if it would harm them in anyway continuing the AMCA project. I am assuming India will ask what the offer is being given depending on if Europe is going to suck Russian dick again after the Ukraine war under the current assumption that Russia wins.

Also is this guy correct about the reason why the Rafales were purchased?

1675821362471.png

Abdus Salem killed

I mean I dont think it's that bad because they want to sell it for 25 million to 30 million dollars because I heard you guys spent a shitload of money on the Rafales. But question is how much they will ask from India to invest in another dual 5th gen project if it would harm them in anyway continuing the AMCA project. I am assuming India will ask what the offer is being given depending on if Europe is going to suck Russian dick again after the Ukraine war under the current assumption that Russia wins.

View attachment 192814
What forum is that ? Send me the link pls

Anandhu Krishna

View attachment 192814
Indian fighter numbers are dwindling but we bought Rafales to bribe the French. Logic 9000.
Geopolitics is obviously part of any military deal but that's not the primary reason.

blackjack

Country flag
Россия покажет на Аero India самолеты Су-57Э и Checkmate (tass.ru)

Russia to show Su-57E and Checkmate aircraft at Aero India
Visitors to the exhibition will also be able to see the Il-76MD-90A(E) military transport aircraft, the Il-78MK-90A tanker aircraft, the Su-35 and Su-30SME super-maneuverable fighters, and the MiG-35D multifunctional front-line fighter.

MOSCOW, 9 February. /TASS/. Russia will show the fifth-generation Su-57E fighter and the Checkmate light tactical aircraft at the Aero India 2023 international air show in Bangalore, the Rosoboronexport press service told reporters on Thursday.

Rosoboronexport presents in India about 200 samples of the most promising weapons and military equipment of Russian production, including the promising fifth-generation Su-57E multifunctional fighter, the Checkmate light tactical aircraft," the company said.

Also, visitors to the exhibition will be able to see the Il-76MD-90A(E) military transport aircraft, the Il-78MK-90A tanker aircraft, the Su-35 and Su-30SME super-maneuverable fighters, and the MiG-35D multifunctional front-line fighter.

In addition, Rosoboronexport noted that the Ka-226T light multi-purpose helicopter, the production of which is proposed to be opened on the basis of the Russian-Indian joint venture Indo-Russian Helicopters Limited as part of the Make in India program, will be demonstrated at the exhibition.

At Aero India 2023, Russia will also demonstrate the upgraded versions of the Ka-52E, Mi-28NE combat helicopters and the Mi-171Sh military transport helicopter, which are most in demand on the world market and in the Asia-Pacific region today.

The 14th International Aerospace Exhibition Aero India will be held in the Indian city of Bangalore from 13 to 17 February. The air show is held every two years. Russia is an active participant in the exhibition; in 2021, over 200 samples of Russian military products were presented at it.

Got something to look forward this week

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Ever since India pulled out of FGFA in 2018, it effectively ended the prospect of any future co development of a fifth generation fighter platform. We are much better off investing our bucks in our own indigenous fifth generation Stealth fighter program that is the AMCA. AMCA's success will benefit the Indian aerospace industry greatly if not exponentially in the long run. Russia asked India to pay a hefty amount, and we got what in return? Nothing. Our pilots weren't even allowed to sit in the aircraft's cockpit let alone fly the Su-57, if Russians think Indians are "fools" to invest in a money blackhole like FGFA then I can't help them.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles