PC Hardware, Desktops, Laptops and building a Gaming Rig

prasadr14

PrasadReddy
Hi guys is this
https://www.lenovo.com/in/en/laptop...ng-laptops/Gaming-3-Gen-6-15-AMD/p/82K200X3IN
a good deal ? I'm getting extra 5K off
and I'm electronics & telecommunication engineering student planning to use it for atleast 3-4 years
Why are you going for a gaming laptop if your primary concern is studies?
unless you are gaming, that's not really required.

AND problem with gaming laptops is that they are not really good at gaming unless you go top end.

Identify what you want and I am sure you can shave off a lot more money by finding the laptop you NEED.

ZenForo

Country flag
Why are you going for a gaming laptop if your primary concern is studies?
unless you are gaming, that's not really required.

AND problem with gaming laptops is that they are not really good at gaming unless you go top end.

Identify what you want and I am sure you can shave off a lot more money by finding the laptop you NEED.
Thankyou for reply
I'll need to operate some chip designing softwares and solidworks , etc..
and I'm saving a lot compared to specs

prasadr14

PrasadReddy
Thankyou for reply
I'll need to operate some chip designing softwares and solidworks , etc..
and I'm saving a lot compared to specs
Then find a laptop that suits that needs first than a gaming laptop.
Not sure what kind of specs are needed to run those software's though BUT gaming laptop does not seem the way to go.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member

ZenForo

Country flag
thank you for replying
Though the specs appear good I would say hold on for some time.
Ryzen 5000 is 1 generation old. Latest is Ryzen 6000.
However Ryzen 7000 (based on Zen 4 and DDR5) is round the corner. It is expected to be launched in 2022.
is Ryzen 7 5800H comparable with intel 11 th gen processors? i wud have waited but laptop is an urgency

ZenForo

Country flag
What chip designing software do you plan use?
Magic has bare minimum requirement?
actually i don't know softwares but those subjects are in curriculum so i thought better to have dedicated graphics considering price

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
thank you for replying

is Ryzen 7 5800H comparable with intel 11 th gen processors? i wud have waited but laptop is an urgency
Both processor are more or less on equal footing. Whatever the minor difference their might be it won't affect you as a academic user or gamer. If its urgency go with the one you have selected.
AMD currently tends to have an edge over Intel but in interest of transparency I biased to AMD.

ZenForo

Country flag
Both processor are more or less on equal footing. Whatever the minor difference their might be it won't affect you as a academic user or gamer. If its urgency go with the one you have selected.
AMD currently tends to have an edge over Intel but in interest of transparency I biased to AMD.
Thank you.
can you elaborate more on 'interest of transparency'

johnj

thank you for replying

for you now, no, after 4 years yes. The cpu is very powerful and with gpu. it suck a lots of power, gaming laptops is good if there is ac socket nearby.
If you want to play games. then 1650/3050, most of design and video editing can done using cpus gpu.
Consider laptops with security features, 120 hz display etc and with low end gpu.

archie

Country flag
Be aware Proper Gaming Laptops are Heavy at least 2.5 Kg with out charger. They are not easy to carry around. If your in University get something that you can carry around and collaborate.

Cheran

Country flag
For gaming desktop with 32GB RAM (let's say budget Rs 1.5 to Rs 2 lakh)

1. Is ant-pc recommended?

2. Any good brands recommendation?

OnePunchMan

Country flag

build it yourself , those prebuilt PC are always a bad value especially and they use proprietary components that would be a pain to replace if something goes bad.

I can post a components list you can buy them separately and build it yourself.

prasadr14

PrasadReddy
build it yourself , those prebuilt PC are always a bad value especially and they use proprietary components that would be a pain to replace if something goes bad.

Don't build it yourself unless you are an old hand at it.

Instead, within your budget, look around for the best CPU. GPU, Mother board, RAM, SSD drives cost wise and buy them individually.
Once you have bought all parts, get them assembled.

It will be cheaper than anything you buy in the market.

cannonfodder

Country flag

Your budget is very high $2500+, you can easily make an really good custom PC yourself and its fun. I will suggest wait for AMD zen 4. Either you will get 5800x3d/Zen3 very cheap or get newer and shinier stuff. RDNA is also bring good performance upgrades.

IF you want now, go for Zen3 + B550 + RTX 3070/Rx 6700. GPU availability is improving always best to wait as long as you can.

Cheran

Country flag

Thanks in advance.

Please post the components.

Also, do you think that most of these newer cards might be supported by Windows 11 (since there is some recommended hardware)?

prasadr14

PrasadReddy
Thanks in advance.

Also, do you think that most of these newer cards might be supported by Windows 11 (since there is some recommended hardware)?
Below is what I used when I built mine 7 years back, plays most games even now. Added couple of SSD along the way, thats all.

There are some default builds, pick them as reference and change it to what you want.
Take your time, a month or so to tinker, check, change and adjust your build using this.

mokoman

Country flag
Thanks in advance.

which games and software u wanna run ?

that will help with picking best processor and graphics card within ur budget

then its easier to pick everything else.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles