Pakistan, Iran inaugurate pipeline.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
I expect the sanctions will do as much damage as the pipeline will help, The

US is engaged in a lot of energy projects in Pakistan that will end This 7.5 billion project has come up 9 or 10 times befor and never happpend.
The US was "supporting large-scale energy projects in Pakistan that will add some 900 megawatts to the power grid by the end of 2013." Those projects included renovating the power plants at Tarbela, the Mangla Dam, as well as modernising others plants and building new dams at Satpara and Gomal Zam,

Pakistan is too disfunctional and unstable for project such as a large scale pipeline it will be a target for terrorist, and every one else, If terrorist dont take it out Isreal will just to get back at Iran.
surprised you didnt posted the musharaf extract about muslims

USa cant do anything.deal is already signed.work started..the latest news from USA is sanction will be applied once the gas flow start
China in return has snubbed USA pressure and rather offered to finance the project.

over all cost of withdrawal from Afghanistna is worth 25billions..now imagine if pak ban the route?wont it be 5 times more than the expected?

like when pak blocked the route the cost increased from 15millions to 118millions

your economy already is as good as the economy of kenya or uganda.imagine if the 25billions turns out to be more than 100billions?can you afford this..the answer is no

Tolaha

my analysis are based on internet as well as a talk show by some expert about this

No doubt the Local gas cost 3-4times less than what we are going to pay to iran..but we have no other option.

The TAPI is indeed cheaper than iranian one but TAPI is still atleast 1 decade far from getting operational

I don't think you understand the point I was trying to make. Let me say it in other words. The price of crude oil, has been rising steadily over the years. Currently, it has been hovering around 100$ per barrel. As for the price of gas, due to increasing discoveries, the price of gas has decreased a LOT. And no less thanks to USA, which has been reducing its oil imports due to increased production of shale gas at home. The general trend has been that the price of gas and the price of crude have been going in opposite directions.

So you have a scenario, wherein, you are paying for a commodity that is internationally getting cheaper by the day, but at a rate fixed to a commodity that is, if not getting pricier, has remained at a high level.

And you know what these Evil Hindoo Baniyas did? They tried convincing Iran that it wasn't right of them to expect such high rates. And Indians were quite sure that Iranians would relent as their economic conditions weren't getting any better by the day. But the Iranians didnt. So the Indians didnt. But the Pakistanis agreed! 78% of the crude oil price! Brent crude oil is trading at about 110$ per barrel.

As I pointed earlier, not very far from Pakistan, the Chinese have striked this deal:
Chinese state companies recently bought stakes in a gas field in Mozambique at a rate equivalent to 2.1$ per barrel of oil equivalent.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
I don't think you understand the point I was trying to make. Let me say it in other words. The price of crude oil, has been rising steadily over the years. Currently, it has been hovering around 100$ per barrel. As for the price of gas, due to increasing discoveries, the price of gas has decreased a LOT. And no less thanks to USA, which has been reducing its oil imports due to increased production of shale gas at home. The general trend has been that the price of gas and the price of crude have been going in opposite directions.

So you have a scenario, wherein, you are paying for a commodity that is internationally getting cheaper by the day, but at a rate fixed to a commodity that is, if not getting pricier, has remained at a high level.

And you know what these Evil Hindoo Baniyas did? They tried convincing Iran that it wasn't right of them to expect such high rates. And Indians were quite sure that Iranians would relent as their economic conditions weren't getting any better by the day. But the Iranians didnt. So the Indians didnt. But the Pakistanis agreed! 78% of the crude oil price! Brent crude oil is trading at about 110$ per barrel.

As I pointed earlier, not very far from Pakistan, the Chinese have striked this deal:
Last time i remember you said India will benefit from the project

India pulled back only because of international pressure..because if so was the case than why you guys has struck the deal for TAPI?

the calculation in my previous post and the benefit of upto 2.3billions just on not importing Oil is from experts analysis not mine

Tolaha

Last time i remember you said India will benefit from the project

India pulled back only because of international pressure..because if so was the case than why you guys has struck the deal for TAPI?

the calculation in my previous post and the benefit of upto 2.3billions just on not importing Oil is from experts analysis not mine
But you do know how all Indians are baniyas, dont you!? Do you think any International pressure will compel Indians to look away if the deal is juicy?

India has spent the same amount of "efforts" on IPI and TAPI. IPI became IP lets see what happens to the TAP!

After reading all this, you can continue to pretend that you didn't understand anything what's been written here. But deep within, you will be aware of the deep, hairy, ugly, dark hole that's staring you from below. It's left to your imagination what you want to consider this hole to be!

Last edited:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
PAST TENSE.

they no more need ISI training,money or help or whatever

they are now grown.they are capable of doing everything on there own now..such as the latest one in srinagar.(though i dont support this like you guys officially support terrorism in Pakistan)
Yah ..... you are right...

now ISI itself is their target !!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
But you do know how all Indians are baniyas, dont you!? Do you think any International pressure will compel Indians to look away if the deal is juicy?

India has spent the same amount of "efforts" on IPI and TAPI. IPI became IP lets see what happens to the TAP!

After reading all this, you can continue to pretend that you didn't understand anything what's been written here. But deep within, you will be aware of the deep, hairy, ugly, dark hole that's staring you from below. It's left to your imagination what you want to consider this hole to be!
heard the word baniya alot..but dont know what does it mean

As i said pakistan has no other quick option..we need gas for electricity as well as other mean of consumption and the IP is the best choice since it will be operational within 15 months..

i am not pretending but this deal even being expensive is still in our favour..i will post the expert analysis as soon as i get it.i am sure tribune or dawn reported the same.

pankaj nema

Country flag
Making a pipeline is just ONE thing

A pipeline can be made on borrowed funds

But paying for the GAS that too @ 78 % of prevailing oil prices is another matter

And above all for the projected 5000 MW of additional electric generation
you will have to install NEW power plants ie Gas turbines

That is another 5 Billion dollars

Paki forex reserves are just 12 .565 billion left Pakistan's forex reserves fall to $12.565 billion | Business | DAWN.COM

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
So you agree that so called ISI supported mujahideen in Indian kashmir are now not pro Pak but rather anti?
Every one knows that 60 years Jihad in Kashmir has not resulted in public in Kashmir being pro Pakistan. They do not want to be anywhere near Pakistan. You guys have destroyed that beautiful society of Kashmiries.

And what have you got in return. Bashing in three wars and your water under control of India !

Kashmiries are the real Baniyas of India ..:laugh:

pankaj nema

Country flag
Farhan dear READ this

An excerpt from an article written by a Paki expert

Source Pipeline may isolate Pakistan globally - thenews.com.pk

Electricity generation expert Dr Umar Masood has said the electricity generating plants only working on turbines can be run on gas, while the power generating plants being run by engines cannot be run with gas fuel; they can only be fuelled with furnace oil. Only 20 percent of private power plants are turbine operated. However, most of the Wapda power plants can be operated with gas. The Iranian gas can also be used for CNG fuel for automobiles.

Last year, Pakistan had imported oil worth $15 billion. Presently, Pakistan has to resort to loadshedding due to non-availability of sufficient fuel, because the country does not have enough money to import the required fuel. While the fuel consumption will multiply after the Iranian gas import into Pakistan, new power plants will be installed, giving rise to fuel consumption far more than $15 billion. Last year, Pakistan's imports were worth $45 billion against its exports worth $23.5 billion.

Last edited:

Tolaha

---- Duplicate Post ----

Last edited:

Tolaha

As i said pakistan has no other quick option..we need gas for electricity as well as other mean of consumption and the IP is the best choice since it will be operational within 15 months..
Simply put, it could probably end up as an equivalent of selling the kids away so that the parents can feed themselves for a few days. Pakistan, with the intention of getting out of the current crisis, may put itself in a much more dangerous crisis in future, due to expensive energy expenses that it cannot afford.

i am not pretending but this deal even being expensive is still in our favour..i will post the expert analysis as soon as i get it.i am sure tribune or dawn reported the same.
The sole reason for my existence on planet earth is so that I can give you Farhan, links to news sites whenever you want!

Murky politics of gas | Opinion | DAWN.COM

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Pipeline in the sky

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Farhan dear READ this

An excerpt from an article written by a Paki expert

Source Pipeline may isolate Pakistan globally - thenews.com.pk

Electricity generation expert Dr Umar Masood has said the electricity generating plants only working on turbines can be run on gas, while the power generating plants being run by engines cannot be run with gas fuel; they can only be fuelled with furnace oil. Only 20 percent of private power plants are turbine operated. However, most of the Wapda power plants can be operated with gas. The Iranian gas can also be used for CNG fuel for automobiles.

Last year, Pakistan had imported oil worth $15 billion. Presently, Pakistan has to resort to loadshedding due to non-availability of sufficient fuel, because the country does not have enough money to import the required fuel. While the fuel consumption will multiply after the Iranian gas import into Pakistan, new power plants will be installed, giving rise to fuel consumption far more than $15 billion. Last year, Pakistan's imports were worth $45 billion against its exports worth $23.5 billion.
I can now also post from pakistani experts thinking otherwise

the official has already confirmed that Pak will generate 4000mw of electricity from the gas and the rest can be used by either industries or consumers

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
@Farhan...

Will the pipeline cross Sindh Dariya ?

In a way it may be good as it will reduce Pakistani dependence on KSA and wahabi influence may reduce.

Am I right ??

Last edited:

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Making a pipeline is just ONE thing

A pipeline can be made on borrowed funds

But paying for the GAS that too @ 78 % of prevailing oil prices is another matter

And above all for the projected 5000 MW of additional electric generation
you will have to install NEW power plants ie Gas turbines

That is another 5 Billion dollars

Paki forex reserves are just 12 .565 billion left Pakistan's forex reserves fall to $12.565 billion | Business | DAWN.COM
when a person like Asad omar has full support for such project than no need to worry since he's the next possible finance minister of pakistna and he will sort a possible way to handle the issue..

In pakistan many plants already run on gas.local gas

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Simply put, it could probably end up as an equivalent of selling the kids away so that the parents can feed themselves for a few days. Pakistan, with the intention of getting out of the current crisis, may put itself in a much more dangerous crisis in future, due to expensive energy expenses that it cannot afford.

The sole reason for my existence on planet earth is so that I can give you Farhan, links to news sites whenever you want!

Murky politics of gas | Opinion | DAWN.COM

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Pipeline in the sky
The gas is still a much cheaper option than importing LNG including from India

ISLAMABAD: The gas price under the Iran-Pakistan (IP) pipeline project is now being offered at $11 per million British thermal units (MMBTUs) - $6 per MMBTU more than what was offered in 2007.
IP pipeline project: Pakistan to pay $6/MMBTU more for gas price
i guess the price was decreased even more in jan..

Mere bhai jaan.as i said before we dont have money to invest in zin block at the moment..and apart from zin block there is no other option cheaper than the iranian gas

pankaj nema

Country flag
Farhan dear

When you had 18 BILLION dollars of forex in your kitty that time you did nt make this pipeline :laugh:

Forex reserves hit all-time high of $18.25b – The Express Tribune

Now with elections coming your politicians are FOOLING you

WIth just 12. 5 billion dollars AND this reserves will come down to JUST 10 Billion
by JUNE End ie your Financial year end ; Nobody will give you GAS on credit
or supply Power Generation equipment to you on credit

Last edited:

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Farhan dear You country is used to Very cheap gas

When this gold plated gas is supplied people will oppose it

Luxury of cheap gas nearing end | Business | DAWN.COM
indeed the gas in pakistan is indeed cheaper..but the zin block just southern part has twice the reserve of sui gas discovered in 1952
ENI is about to invest 10billions into the project while OGDl upto 392millions.

our energy needs are growing and growing.and we need domestic as well as importing from china

Farhan dear

When you had 18 BILLION dollars of forex in your kitty that time you did nt make this pipeline

Forex reserves hit all-time high of $18.25b – The Express Tribune

Now with elections coming your politicians are FOOLING you

WIth just 12. 5 billion dollars AND this reserves will come down to JUST 10 Billion
by JUNE End ie your Financial year end ; Nobody will GAS on credit
or supply Power Generation equipment to you on credit
Really doubt.indeed it might be a election trick but what we need is it to be completed

since PTI is the top expected party which itself has full support for this project..dont expect the project to be shut down under them.

Apart from 150millions that too only pakistani banks rest of the project is to be either funded by Iran and china

About reserves.this will go up once we are having a better finance minister be it under IK or nawaz

as i said the worst days of Pakistan are over now.within an year you guys will witness a new pakistan

mark my words

hello_10

Tihar Jail
Banned
The gas is still a much cheaper option than importing LNG including from India

IP pipeline project: Pakistan to pay $6/MMBTU more for gas price
i guess the price was decreased even more in jan..

Mere bhai jaan.as i said before we dont have money to invest in zin block at the moment..and apart from zin block there is no other option cheaper than the iranian gas
as per I have read, Gas Price is around $2.5 per MMBTU in North America, while its close to $10 per MMBTU in Asia. and it all shuccck..:tsk:

but by any criterion, $6-$7.5 per MMBTU is a pretty good price in Asia, in fact, which we hope for IP gas pipeline :thumb:. and dont forget, if US imposes ban on Pakistan, if, then they will themselves get banned from using Pakistan's space/resources for their war purposes, :laugh:, which has cost over $200bn loss to Pakistan since 2002. the Afghan War, which converted Pakistan also into a War Affected countries, causing heavy losses since then, destroying any type of industrial developments which could take place in Pakistan during last 10 years.....

in sum, i think Pakistan would only get benefit by making distance from US/West, whether its Pakistan kicks them or they themselves kick Pakistan :thumb:

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles