Osprey is flawed, say experts

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Osprey is flawed, say experts- 毎日jp(毎日新聞)
WASHINGTON -- The U.S. military vertical takeoff and landing aircraft MV-22, widely known as the "Osprey," has some flaws, U.S. experts have pointed out.

The Institute for Defense Analyses of the U.S. Department of Defense compiled an eight-page report in November 2003, pointing to risks involving the controversial military transportation plane.

Dr. Arthur Rex Rivolo, 68, then an analyst of the aircraft who wrote the report, has told the Mainichi Shimbun that the official in charge at the Pentagon initially refused to even accept the report.

While the Pentagon emphasizes that the aircraft is safe, three cases of trouble involving Ospreys, including two crashes, have occurred since April, stirring protests in Okinawa to the planned deployment of the aircraft to U.S. Marine Corps Air Station Futenma in the prefecture.

Seiji Maehara, chairman of the ruling Democratic Party of Japan's Policy Research Committee, has called for postponement of the U.S. deployment of Osprey aircraft to Futenma base.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Okinawans will find any reason to protest. They wan't them gone.

drkrn

rather to call flawed better to call too costly for its performance.

noob101

i might be mistaken but an 8 page document is not as scathing as the title makes it out to be......... I cant say as i have not read the report but what I think is usually when there are reports about why something is wrong with an aircraft it usually in the 100's of pages

p2prada

Everything coming out of US factories seem to be flawed nowadays. F-22 is flawed, F-35 is flawed, LCS is flawed, Zumwalt is flawed, Osprey is flawed, Obama is flawed. What next?

The people there need to live with what they have.

Blackwater

any chances for India. it will be very good for Indian special forces and it will be very bad for Indian special sarkari babus

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles