Ordnance Factory Board Mine Protected Vehicle Yuktirath MK 3 to Indian Army

WolfPack86

Country flag
Indian Army recently ordered around 250 Yuktirath MK 3 Mine protected vehicles in 2016. During trials OFB Yuktirath perform much better than other mine protected vehicles. Mahindra withstand 21 kg TNT under wheel and 14 kg of TNT under the hull. But OFB Yuktirath with stand 42 kg of TNT under the wheel and 35 kg of TNT under the hull. For first time OFB Yuktirath show cased during Defexpo 2014 it is much better vehicle than previous models. It is much heavier than previous models this mine protected vehicle is a beast. Previous models are 4x4 wheel and this latest model is 6x6 wheel.

The Yuktirath MK 3 is designed to carry 10 + 2 personnel and provides protection against small arms fire and land mine blast. This vehicle is 19 tones and also capable of carrying 2 tons of pay load. It has grade ability of 30 degrees and it has top speed of 85 km/ hr. It can survive land mine blast up to 42 kg of TNT. This vehicle is 6x6 drive line and it can work well on all type of terrain. This vehicle can be equipped with Stablished Remote control Weapon Station (SRCWS). This weapon can target day and night. The V shaped monocoque hull body has windows with impact with blast resistant glasses. The inside cabin it has split air conditioned system. The doors and the bonnet are pneumatically controlled. The MPV has remotely operated flash light which can operate at 360 degree operator can can operate flash light sitting inside vehicle. It can also ran on run flat tires.

The interior of vehicle is much better than previous models and it also has new blast resistant seats. There is also new pot holes which soldiers can fire their weapons sitting inside vehicle. This vehicle is much better than previous vehicles in service in Indian Army. The 6x6 wheel drive ensures additional safety during mine blast. This is better vehicle that Indian Army is going get. This vehicle is overall better and except OFB must deliver this vehicle on time so that it can save life of precious Indian Army Soldiers.

Note:

Above article is written by me is my own and it is not copied or posted from any other articles.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Indian Army recently ordered around 250 Yuktirath MK 3 Mine protected vehicles in 2016. During trials OFB Yuktirath perform much better than other mine protected vehicles. Mahindra withstand 21 kg TNT under wheel and 14 kg of TNT under the hull. But OFB Yuktirath with stand 42 kg of TNT under the wheel and 35 kg of TNT under the hull. For first time OFB Yuktirath show cased during Defexpo 2014 it is much better vehicle than previous models. It is much heavier than previous models this mine protected vehicle is a beast. Previous models are 4x4 wheel and this latest model is 6x6 wheel.

The Yuktirath MK 3 is designed to carry 10 + 2 personnel and provides protection against small arms fire and land mine blast. This vehicle is 19 tones and also capable of carrying 2 tons of pay load. It has grade ability of 30 degrees and it has top speed of 85 km/ hr. It can survive land mine blast up to 42 kg of TNT. This vehicle is 6x6 drive line and it can work well on all type of terrain. This vehicle can be equipped with Stablished Remote control Weapon Station (SRCWS). This weapon can target day and night. The V shaped monocoque hull body has windows with impact with blast resistant glasses. The inside cabin it has split air conditioned system. The doors and the bonnet are pneumatically controlled. The MPV has remotely operated flash light which can operate at 360 degree operator can can operate flash light sitting inside vehicle. It can also ran on run flat tires.

The interior of vehicle is much better than previous models and it also has new blast resistant seats. There is also new pot holes which soldiers can fire their weapons sitting inside vehicle. This vehicle is much better than previous vehicles in service in Indian Army. The 6x6 wheel drive ensures additional safety during mine blast. This is better vehicle that Indian Army is going get. This vehicle is overall better and except OFB must deliver this vehicle on time so that it can save life of precious Indian Army Soldiers.

Note:

Above article is written by me is my own and it is not copied or posted from any other articles.
Any source for this?
BTW I liked the look of this MPV....
7038631361_d82c61f8bc_b.jpg

WolfPack86

Country flag
Any source for this?
BTW I liked the look of this MPV....
View attachment 13397
Indian Army orders 250 MPVs for use in counter-terrorism operations
The Indian Army (IA) placed an order in late September with the state-run Ordnance Factory Board for 250 mine-protected vehicles (MPVs) for use in counter-terrorism operations in several northeastern states and the insurgency-ridden region of Kashmir.

The vehicles are set to be built by the Vehicle Factory Jabalpur (VFJ) in central India, with deliveries expected to begin in 2018, according to official sources.

Sources say the MPV, designed by the Vehicle Research & Development Establishment in Chennai, is an upgraded variant of the South African Casspir Mk II mine-protected armoured personnel carrier. The IA began inducting the Casspir Mk II in 1999-2000 at the height of the Kashmiri insurgency and currently has about 90 of the vehicles.
http://www.janes.com/article/64411/...-mpvs-for-use-in-counter-terrorism-operations

WolfPack86

Country flag
Indian Army orders 250 MPVs for use in counter-terrorism operations
The Indian Army (IA) placed an order in late September with the state-run Ordnance Factory Board for 250 mine-protected vehicles (MPVs) for use in counter-terrorism operations in several northeastern states and the insurgency-ridden region of Kashmir.

The vehicles are set to be built by the Vehicle Factory Jabalpur (VFJ) in central India, with deliveries expected to begin in 2018, according to official sources.

Sources say the MPV, designed by the Vehicle Research & Development Establishment in Chennai, is an upgraded variant of the South African Casspir Mk II mine-protected armoured personnel carrier. The IA began inducting the Casspir Mk II in 1999-2000 at the height of the Kashmiri insurgency and currently has about 90 of the vehicles.
http://www.janes.com/article/64411/...-mpvs-for-use-in-counter-terrorism-operations
Indian Army Finally Ordered a New Fleet of Mine Protected Vehicles
The Indian Army and the Border Security Force (BSF) had notified their soldiers on the ground to make a list of requirements, reports India Today.

The soldiers reportedly made a list that includes rifles, ammunition, bulletproof jackets, hand-held thermal imagers, night vision devices, sandbags and fresh communication lines.

However, the notification does little to raise the hopes of the Army soldiers. As an officer leading a battalion at the Line of Control (LoC) points out:

This happens every time things tense up. While a few things will be made available, most will not. Invariably, matters fall back to the same old pace. We hope things are different this time.

The BSF requires 3.5 lakh bulletproof vests and has ordered 50,000 earlier in the year. However, quantity and quality of the vests may not be up to the mark, the report claims citing sources.

The Indian Army has asked for 250 Mine Protected Vehicles (MVP) which can carry up to a dozen soldiers and protect them through minefields of Improvised Explosive Devices (IED).

The order has reportedly been placed with the Vehicle Factory Jabalpur (VFJ) and the delivery is expected to begin by 2018.

The Army started using MPVs in the early 1990s while countering insurgencies. An officer close to the case said the new fleet of vehicles have been finalised after several rounds of testing

http://defencenews.in/article/India...d-a-New-Fleet-of-Mine-Protected-Vehicles-8550

Chinmoy

Country flag
Now in the above two reports, no mention of Yuktirath has been done. Its only that VFJ would be manufacturing the MPV.

WolfPack86

Country flag
Indian Army Finally Ordered a New Fleet of Mine Protected Vehicles
The Indian Army and the Border Security Force (BSF) had notified their soldiers on the ground to make a list of requirements, reports India Today.

The soldiers reportedly made a list that includes rifles, ammunition, bulletproof jackets, hand-held thermal imagers, night vision devices, sandbags and fresh communication lines.

However, the notification does little to raise the hopes of the Army soldiers. As an officer leading a battalion at the Line of Control (LoC) points out:

This happens every time things tense up. While a few things will be made available, most will not. Invariably, matters fall back to the same old pace. We hope things are different this time.

The BSF requires 3.5 lakh bulletproof vests and has ordered 50,000 earlier in the year. However, quantity and quality of the vests may not be up to the mark, the report claims citing sources.

The Indian Army has asked for 250 Mine Protected Vehicles (MVP) which can carry up to a dozen soldiers and protect them through minefields of Improvised Explosive Devices (IED).

The order has reportedly been placed with the Vehicle Factory Jabalpur (VFJ) and the delivery is expected to begin by 2018.

The Army started using MPVs in the early 1990s while countering insurgencies. An officer close to the case said the new fleet of vehicles have been finalised after several rounds of testing
http://defencenews.in/article/India...d-a-New-Fleet-of-Mine-Protected-Vehicles-8550
It is kept as secret because enemy will know details

abingdonboy

Country flag
Seems like a very big step forward from previous OFB MPVs in terms of survivability. IIRC the CRPF had all but abandoned using their OFB MPVs in anti-Naxal ops as they couldn't withstand the huge IEDs they were facing. Hopefully the CAPFs can get such improved vehicles.

The issue remains with quality and production, I wonder how long it will take OFB to produce these 250 vehicles? I suspect a private player could do it in 2 years, can OFB? It already isn't a positive sign that the first vehicles won't be delivered until 2018 when they were ordered in late 2016, it doesn't take 18 months to build such a vehicle.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
It already isn't a positive sign that the first vehicles won't be delivered until 2018 when they were ordered in late 2016, it doesn't take 18 months to build such a vehicle.
I think one extra year is lost in any new development because of the high altitude winter and summer trails, is this possible?

Maybe defence PSU's being more careful after negative publicity INSAS received initially.

sthf

Country flag
@abingdonboy

CRPF didn't necessarily abandon the MPVs because they were ineffective. Firstly is that they don't have sufficient numbers and secondly when the MPVs first came to the scene, Naxals came to the conclusion that the only way to destroy is larger IED so instead of your "normal" IED they were using the one that weigh 200-300 kgs.

And nothing can survive that.

They also thought the spare wheels attached means it can drive upside down.

indiatester

Country flag
@abingdonboy

CRPF didn't necessarily abandon the MPVs because they were ineffective. Firstly is that they don't have sufficient numbers and secondly when the MPVs first came to the scene, Naxals came to the conclusion that the only way to destroy is larger IED so instead of your "normal" IED they were using the one that weigh 200-300 kgs.

And nothing can survive that.

To get to higher weight IED's, you require better manufacturing, logistics and planning. This always increases the cost on them. It'd a shame if they dropped using MPV's for that reason.

indiatester

Country flag

Note:

Nicely done. Are you trying to get into defence reporting?

sthf

Country flag
To get to higher weight IED's, you require better manufacturing, logistics and planning. This always increases the cost on them. It'd a shame if they dropped using MPV's for that reason.
IEDs by their very definition are improvised and not particularly difficult to "manufacture".

It became a psychological win for them (Naxals) to blow up an "invincible tool of oppression" by the "bourgeois" government.

But CRPF or BSF didn't stopped using them as far as I know. They just don't have enough numbers in the inventory.

Horushmar.

You mean they cant turn upside down and drive!!!!;and they call themselves engineers.:biggrin2:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles