Nirmala Sitaraman Selected as India's New Defense Minister

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Objection
That we can find no man for the post. Defence is not a subject for experimentation. Status Quo mus be maintained at all costs, even at the cost of social justice.
She will be used as a propaganda material for more SJ nuisance like women in frontline combat, transgenders etc.
She has still miles to go before becoming someone capable of sitting in the same table as Sushma Swaraj and Rajnath Singh.
She is a Modi sycophant, just like that actress who was previously Edu minister and screwed up big time.
When all the top military nations of the world, all of them much more developed than India have male DMs, what is this tearing urgency to make a lady a DefMin?

She will be used as a propaganda material for more SJ nuisance like women in frontline combat, transgenders etc.

Most people don't want to get it. If it were just about incompetency of women we will be bitching about every cabinet position or even Sushma Swaraj.

DM- does not need to drive tanks. Heck, they have been utterly incompetent till now even in Modi govt. But a propaganda has been raised to include women in all roles and it will be bolstered even more post her appointment.

Get ready to further dilute our army strength and include male-female soldiers in same unit. Rest of the time we can keep hiring lawyers to fight sexual harassment cases while Paki-Chinese will be shelling our borders.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
First of all there is no proof that the 25 lakhs were Hindus,Secondly I am not a Indira fanboy and I condem her on not making Bangladesh a Hindu Land.Thirdly we giving China a bloody nose was important to teach them a lesson

Yes the generals had a grudge against Nazis,Even though raping an enemy women was not allowed in the Red Army and even after Stalin's warnings they did not give a flying fuck about it and the minister of defense Georgy Zhukov himslef indulged in these activities,What I am saying is a Male DM with a Zeal against a country in this case Pakistan can easily influence the generals to be brutal to Jihadis and say FUCK OFF TO RULES AND HUMAN RIGHTS GROUP.

Yes He was a guy a guy who made USSR his bitch and whoever opposed him or questioned him was sent to GULAGS!!!! EVEN MILLITARY PERSONNEL!!!!
@Razor,@Dovah @Mods please move these posts to Chit Chat Thread or any other relevant thread.
Sir, isn't this a relevant thread for this discussion?

I'm of the opinion that people who know Defence isues should handle said ministry. And ex-military personel are best for the job.
As @Kunal Biswas sir said VK sngh; they ignored him, why?
The govt. wants someone who will toe their line, be completely obedient and will not be able to sway the armed forces under their charisma.

Picking some one from some other field like a card game is not appropriate.
The issue also has parallels to "women on frontline" idea, because they have a common stream of thought.

Rahul Prakash

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
You are the most confused poster I have ever seen.

Few bad apples shouldn't be used for all cases. Only 10-30% that too teenage and hippie liberal girls are feminist type. I may be wrong. Who cares about west??

Indian women are different. Our Dharmic women are more so.
They are the torchbearers of Dharmic Nationalism in India. I have seen more than 50% contribution from women to Nationalistic cause. Here you come and bash the very idea of it.

Get a grip. We get it. Some of the dudes here trashed by their girlfriends in their life.

Nirmala Sitharaman is one of the few politicians who actually work instead of posing before cameras. Every two-bit poster comes and bashes her, questioning her credentials.

We had worst politicians in past. Still have. Guess we deserve shitty politicians because we are so spoiled and righteous in every aspect.[/QUOTE
The women of every civilization are like that.

Western women were very ok before all these sj craze pre world war 1.Now just 100 years from that point they are the most enthusiatic to put their own nations down.

And dharmic women??? Are you religious?

Man i hate religions.The only reason i support indias religions is because im a civilizational indian.Indian should extract the religions of cultural material and use it to strengthen our identity while throwing of the rest as it is unnecessary baggage.Think completely atheistically as war does not have religion.Even human rights is a religion but of the secular variety which is killing the west and it will kill us too as we are adopting it.

Ancient Indian

p = np :)

I'm of the opinion that people who know Defence isues should handle said ministry. And ex-military personel are best for the job.
The govt. wants someone who will toe their line, be completely obedient and will not be able to sway the armed forces under their charisma.

The issue also has parallels to "women on frontline" idea, because they have a common stream of thought.
VK singh never got sidelined. If you observe the pattern since 2014 and his various stints as different ministers, you will notice something.
Some guys can work in background.

here2where

...This appointment is more focussed on optics than anything else. That is unexpected and unbecoming from Modi. Would have been fine with Manmohan.
Modi and Optics are twin-brothers, so i heard :D

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
Manmohan is into optics as much as Trump is into Vedic studies.

Its all a one-man show. A modi-show all the way. At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter who the DM is. AJ was overburdened and Modi gave it to a relative quiet person.

Thats the truth of it.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador

Look at all this:

This means we are actually cucked by GoI insiders. This is what they want. But people dont want to read.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
#1: Chauvinist and regressive. Defence is performed by Forces not DM, stop conflating two issues. What Status Quo, ????

Good point.

But She ain't feminist. If I have read it her right being an excellent spokesperson she has always picked up tricky question way better than others. No one can put words in her mouth. She knows how to keep usual suspects away, the one who will now start speaking for her as women. Even after all this such propaganda will not limit her decision making.

On your point of her letting more women in combat role even when she hasn't taken the charge is a speculation, just short of a poor conspiracy theory. There are many stakeholders, biggest being forces themselves. They will decide the role of women in forces even if has to be symbolic. The presence of women is going to increase regardless of what your objections are, its inevitable. Blaming her gender for this change is a shallow argument.

Is that your top 3rd objection ? You are judging her when she hasn't even taken the charge.

#4 Mai Baap culture is prevalent in India. Its a way of life. It is not a hindrance to perform. A better repport with your boss enhance the performance in many ways. Only issue can be annoyance to the audience with soft belly.

#5 Is it some kind of Scientific fact or just Objection for sake of objecting ?
So in short, you are saying that everything will be fine, because nothing really matters in the end, and nothing changes with anything.
Well, good luck.
Since this is a story yet to unfold, your speculation and opinions are as good as mine.
For me, I am afraid, that this is where the story of BJP starts unravelling.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
Look at all this:

This means we are actually cucked by GoI insiders. This is what they want. But people dont want to read.
Really some horrible nonsense coming from GoI. This is a big jolt for all old time BJP supporters, I can guarantee that.

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
Ex defense personal excludes bcoz might take in biased stuff from his/her tenure to the ministry, which became more serious issue like a coup.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
:confused1: I forgot to add to #5 on all developed nations have male DM

This is self defeating argument because these same developed nation have high number women in Combat roles.

I am getting confused now. No Woman as DM, No women in combat role. No Developed countries has female DM which is good, but they have more women in combat roles which is bad.

Ghora, Chatur, Chatur Ghora, aiye aiyeoo...

Have a good night Gentlemen.

Ancient Indian

The women of every civilization are like that.

Western women were very ok before all these sj craze pre world war 1.Now just 100 years from that point they are the most enthusiatic to put their own nations down.

And dharmic women??? Are you religious?

Man i hate religions.The only reason i support indias religions is because im a civilizational indian.Indian should extract the religions of cultural material and use it to strengthen our identity while throwing of the rest as it is unnecessary baggage.Think completely atheistically as war does not have religion.Even human rights is a religion but of the secular variety which is killing the west and it will kill us too as we are adopting it.
I suggest you to travel a little bit and interact with normal women.

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
DM NS had nudged LM towards Tata Group for F16 programme and had suggested how this will help towards MII and Skill India both and help increase the footprint for localised supply. In case of a critical tech, a one off view can be taken on merit basis. It was suggested that over time LM plant in India will make certain critical parts for F-35 for cost efficiency but they cannot do it so under a JV owing to Senate restriction, F35 program partners issues and since the entity is not directly under US gov control. The defence sectors reform will be undertaken where the MII and Skill India is as per GOI needs and relaxation in the form of reforms will be done as well.
Exactly what I had hoped would not happen. She might not get military technology and international relations from a national security point of view. I hope she proves me wrong, but her support for the single-engine fighter deal is disappointing to me. Hopefully after her change in position when she gains new insights into the degree of indigenisation and the massive effort it took to get here, she will change her mind on trying to woo foreign investors to invest in defence tech that can already be made in India.

Really miss Parrikar, he would have pushed for more Tejas instead of this stupid single-engine fighter deal. DM NS might not be that much of a champion for indigenous goods or she might be vulnerable to foreign lobbies and corrupt officials (if there are any).

Looking on the bright side of things, she might actually accept the committee report and go ahead with Su-57 MKI plan. Her thinking on making foreign tech in India and then absorbing that tech to make Indian products will help in making Su-57 MKI and using that knowledge to make AMCA. (If anyone that doesn't like Su-57 MKI plan is reading this, please don't quote me on this here and derail this thread any further).

Still, its wrong to base the behaviour of a person on one decision, so I'll give her the benefit of doubt. Lets hope she is the right choice, not sure what Modi has in mind (hopefully its not petty domestic politics).

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
When did Burkha Dutt and NS joined forces?

No one listens to Burkha these days. She is just making noises. Funny, you are quoting her.
She does propaganda and that is what is being done here. Try reading between the lines.

Anyway, pay attention to what Bhambre said, MoS.

Do you want 1000 sexual assault cases on our soldiers now?

Doc Mozart

Country flag
With VK singh at the helm we could have TSD again, maybe in a different form but atleast it could be there. Not to forget all these excellent MI officers during vk singh's tenure which then got sidelined. As far as the new DM is concerned we should give her a few months and see how she holds up especially at a time when the ministry is gonna be in shit load of procurements, orders etc. Let's see what she's got. Just my few cents.

Ancient Indian

She does propaganda and that is what is being done here. Try reading between the lines.

Anyway, pay attention to what Bhambre said, MoS.

Do you want 1000 sexual assault cases on our soldiers now?
Some stupid reporter must have asked the question.

NS as DM has more to do with procurement than fighting.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles