NGO'S Foreign Funding - A Security Threat

ladder

Country flag
You are waayyy too critical and scared towards these NGOs. Get some backbone and self confidence for Gods sake!. I understand that many Indians in the lower classes are easily influenced, but still. Counter fact with fact and do not get provocated.

Do you know that last year China surpassed Germany as a largest developper and user of renewal energy in the world? They took huge leap and you are wasting time to these trivial discussions.
What are you talking about? Just showing your Ignorance.

India is ahead of Germany in producing electricity from renewable energy.

jouni

Mr. @jouni sir

India is very tolerant towards NGO`s. We do know that not all NGO`s are bad. In India there are NGO`s like our very own Bharat Sevasram which has been helping millions of poor people in treating their ailments.

However the "goodwill" missions of some of the foreign NGO`s like Greenpeace or PETA are all false. PETA models are the world`s greatest hypocrites.
I hope that Finnish companies can keep their ambitious plans. If we want to save the world China, US, EU and India all have to make actions not words.

Last edited by a moderator:

DingDong

Country flag
Greenpeace activist Priya Pillai admits her ticket was funded by Greenpeace International - The Economic Times

NEW DELHI: The Intelligence Bureau (IB) has told the Home Ministry that it issued a look-out notice against Greenpeace India activist Priya Pillai on January 9, after learning that she was travelling to UK on January 11 on a ticket funded by Greenpeace International. The IB said this was a violation since the Indian arm of Greenpeace stands restricted from taking foreign funding except after the government's express nod.
Cat is finally out of bag :thumb:

jouni

That shows that you are arguing here with gut feeling and half-knowledge.
Thanks for the compliment. Before I came to this forum India was to me giant mystical country. You forum members have shown me the human side of India, which I am grateful.

We do a lot of thing with gut feeling, Russians still cannot believe that we turned down Stalins generous offers before Winter War and went to war with them.

ladder

Country flag
Thanks for the compliment. Before I came to this forum India was to me giant mystical country. You forum members have shown me the human side of India, which I am grateful.

We do a lot of thing with gut feeling, Russians still cannot believe that we turned down Stalins generous offers before Winter War and went to war with them.
See, we don't expect every person visiting India or like you visiting Indian forum to know every thing about India. Everybody has picked up some biases from different media about India. The most recent being rapes. Oh! India is the rape capital of the world, yada yada. You too predictably came with the bias.

But, one person becomes irritant when he/she doesn't shed the bias when presented with facts. Posters here presented you with statistics, you jumped to unreported incidents, again presented with facts you either doubted the statistics or jumped to marital rapes.

Here in this case, you could have just googled 'renewable electricity production by country' and clicked on the wiki link. As simple as that.

But, you had no shred of doubt that India would have one in a million chance of having more electricity generation from renewable sources compared to Germany. Why? bias.

This bias even affects subconsciously, you would have thought how can a country which has the largest population of people living without electricity that is nearly 30% of the total population be having that statistics? Never possible.

Thus, to us it comes as a little bit depressing that, one is using one's biases rather than facts to post here.

In the matter of NGOs if some agencies would spend as little as $50 million to disturb so development in Finland, I would see how much a spine you have developed.

jouni

See, we don't expect every person visiting India or like you visiting Indian forum to know every thing about India. Everybody has picked up some biases from different media about India. The most recent being rapes. Oh! India is the rape capital of the world, yada yada. You too predictably came with the bias.

But, one person becomes irritant when he/she doesn't shed the bias when presented with facts. Posters here presented you with statistics, you jumped to unreported incidents, again presented with facts you either doubted the statistics or jumped to marital rapes.

Here in this case, you could have just googled 'renewable electricity production by country' and clicked on the wiki link. As simple as that.

But, you had no shred of doubt that India would have one in a million chance of having more electricity generation from renewable sources compared to Germany. Why? bias.

This bias even affects subconsciously, you would have thought how can a country which has the largest population of people living without electricity that is nearly 30% of the total population be having that statistics? Never possible.

Thus, to us it comes as a little bit depressing that, one is using one's biases rather than facts to post here.

In the matter of NGOs if some agencies would spend as little as $50 million to disturb so development in Finland, I would see how much a spine you have developed.
Relax my friend, do not be so critical towards yourself or others. Do not carry the problems of India in your shoulders.

ladder

Country flag
Relax my friend, do not be so critical towards yourself or others. Do not carry the problems of India in your shoulders.
Yeah you are right, I shouldn't, India is hardly as puny as Finland to carry her problem on any single person's shoulder. Is it not?:rofl:

Now that we are talking about carrying weight around, hope I am not talking to the Atlas's masseur, am I? :scared1:

Last edited:

jouni

Yeah you are right, I shouldn't, India is hardly as puny as Finland to carry her problem on any single person's shoulder. Is it not?:rofl:

Now that we are talking about carrying weight around, hope I am not talking to the Atlas's masseur, am I? :scared1:

You know us northeners, we are giants...but you are many, so we are even!

abingdonboy

Country flag
It is better to tolerate them than ban. They do not want power just to point out the problems when needed.
They are stalling countless projects and costing the Indian economy tens, if not hundreds,of billions pray tell me why the GoI should tolerate these anarchists? Objecting is one thing but they are putting out blatant misinformation and their work along with other NGOs is actively stalling development projects. No more.

India cannot be held to some arbitrary moral standard that the West didn't abide to when it was industrialising/developing! It is all well and good for the West to turn around now and say they are trying to save the planet and this and that but my patience for such cr@p is very limited. India needs its own industrial revolution and it isn't going to happen with clowns like Greenpeace getting in the way. China deals with such firms in an iron fist and look at the economic miracle they have achieved.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Coal, GM food and Palm oil are all controversial. India should show example to the world and be critical towards all of them.
Maybe to you and your country, but not to us.

Too much of overfishing in Europe is ruining the ecological balance.

The harbour porpoise in the Baltic Sea is facing possible extinction due to the effects of fishing. The EU Parliament has gone hard on subsidies for the fishing industry and one Ocean Group is going to get into action.

Why don't you stop eating fish? Eat insects and creepy crawlies. They are supposed to be high in proteins.

You all are such Goody Two Shoes, so why don't you do it? After all, Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations suggests that if more people incorporate insects into their diet, we could reduce world hunger, food shortages, and food insecurity.

Go ahead. Eat them raw and you will save energy, coal, fuel and even palm or any other oils.

Last edited:

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Coal, GM food and Palm oil are all controversial. India should show example to the world and be critical towards all of them.
My friend, we have other more serious matters pressing our heads.

While we import palm oil and stuff which you said, it is necessary for our massive population. Feeding and managing 1.25 billion people isn't an easy thing.

GMO is a problem I am definitely with you on that. We don't want any inorganic poison. I really hope the Prime Minister looks into this.

But NGOs like Greenpeace have created more problem in India than been of any help.

Not just Greenpeace but hundreds of smaller ones are here to do the bidding of anti-India activities.

NGOs here support communist terrorists called Maoists/Naxals who have killed thousands of people and hundreds of troops from CRPF.

They are against India's reliance on nuclear power while 90% of Europe is reliant on nuclear power even today, to advance.

Our own nuclear plant in Kalpakkam stood the fury of the 2004-05 tsunami and nothing happened, unlike Fukushima.

As for the bigger problems, we are talking about:

1- A nuclear-wielding, terror sponsoring, unstable enemy who has now lost control of its own terror elements and is heading towards a Somalia-like situation.

2- Another neighbour far more powerful and expansionist, claiming vast amounts of land from us on the basis of fabricated history and has the military means to get it done.

We live in one of the most hostile neighborhoods in the world, only next to perhaps Israel.

Do you really think we would think twice before throwing out these anti-national NGO scum out of India?

If they are a threat to our country's interests, development and security, they will be crushed with an iron fist. In such cases we don't give a rat's rear about democracy, freedoms of speech/expression blah blah.

Some European and American entities had a gala time getting patronized by the losers who had occupied Delhi for 10 years and who were just pets of colonials left behind to do lasting damage to India (Indian National Congress party or UPA regime as the world better knows them).

Things have changed.

One can only poke the Tiger upto a limit.

jouni

They are stalling countless projects and costing the Indian economy tens, if not hundreds,of billions pray tell me why the GoI should tolerate these anarchists? Objecting is one thing but they are putting out blatant misinformation and their work along with other NGOs is actively stalling development projects. No more.

India cannot be held to some arbitrary moral standard that the West didn't abide to when it was industrialising/developing! It is all well and good for the West to turn around now and say they are trying to save the planet and this and that but my patience for such cr@p is very limited. India needs its own industrial revolution and it isn't going to happen with clowns like Greenpeace getting in the way. China deals with such firms in an iron fist and look at the economic miracle they have achieved.
You are doing 21st century industrial revolution with 19th century methods. Sounds very Indian. In the meanwhile Finnish universities help China, Korea and Japan to fully use renewable's, so that they become the cheapest energy source within ten years. Tutkijat: Auringosta ja tuulesta halvin energiamuoto | Yle Uutiset | yle.fi

I am afraid that India is left alone standing in the train station with a coal shovel in her hand. LOL

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
You are doing 21st century industrial revolution with 19th century methods. Sounds very Indian. In the meanwhile Finnish universities help China, Korea and Japan to fully use renewable's, so that they become the cheapest energy source within ten years. Tutkijat: Auringosta ja tuulesta halvin energiamuoto | Yle Uutiset | yle.fi

I am afraid that India is left alone standing in the train station with a coal shovel in her hand. LOL
And we are succeeding!

We must not compare India with postage stamp sized countries. That would be comparing chalk and cheese.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

India maybe left alone standing in the train station with a coal shovel in her hand, but then it is not left out in the cold as the postage stamp sized country, Finland. ;)

What impact does Finland have on the world geopolitics and world economy?

Compare that with India.

The fact is that earlier Europe, US and the world did not care about what India is doing or not doing.

But now?

The world has suddenly realised that India is overtaking them and so they are smelling the coffee and ready to decry anything and everything India does.

But to use a quote - Let dogs bark, the caravan will pass on its way.

Last edited:

jouni

Maybe to you and your country, but not to us.

Too much of overfishing in Europe is ruining the ecological balance.

The harbour porpoise in the Baltic Sea is facing possible extinction due to the effects of fishing. The EU Parliament has gone hard on subsidies for the fishing industry and one Ocean Group is going to get into action.

Why don't you stop eating fish? Eat insects and creepy crawlies. They are supposed to be high in proteins.

You all are such Goody Two Shoes, so why don't you do it? After all, Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations suggests that if more people incorporate insects into their diet, we could reduce world hunger, food shortages, and food insecurity.

Go ahead. Eat them raw and you will save energy, coal, fuel and even palm or any other oils.
We eat insects here in Lapland. Normally when you eat your fishsoup out by the river, it attracts so much mosquitos that in the spoon there is more them than soup.

jouni

And we are succeeding!

We must not compare India with postage stamp sized countries. That would be comparing chalk and cheese.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

India maybe left alone standing in the train station with a coal shovel in her hand, but then it is not left out in the cold as the postage stamp sized country, Finland. ;)

What impact does Finland have on the world geopolitics and world economy?

Compare that with India.

The fact is that earlier Europe, US and the world did not care about what India is doing or not doing.

But now?

The world has suddenly realised that India is overtaking them and so they are smelling the coffee and ready to decry anything and everything India does.

But to use a quote - Let dogs bark, the caravan will pass on its way.
Read the link with translator and be surprised what China is doing...

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
We eat insects here in Lapland. Normally when you eat your fishsoup out by the river, it attracts so much mosquitos that in the spoon there is more them than soup.
That is a joke.

Why not add that when you eat your fish soup, you also eat micro-bacteria that the fish has ingested but not digested and even if digested, it is still in the flesh.

Let us not get frivolous.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Read the link with translator and be surprised what China is doing...
China can do what it wants. Who are we to suggest to them.

They are doing well since such fool organisation like Greenpeace, with foreign funds, cannot subvert them.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles