New Visa Agreement between India and Pakistan

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
India by all means want MFN status from PAkistan

so that they could export to afghanistan through Pakistan.

and easy access for RAW
If I am not mistaken India is already getting transit rights to Afghanistan, though it is being kept under wraps for now, of course is happening with the approval of the Pak Army and so even the hawks in Pakistan are sleeping over it. The real deal is the transit rights to CAR and Pakistan in return gets transit rights to ASEAN, our whole energy policy could see a sea change if we get a reliable route to this region.

Post MFN, the eyes are set on FTA and then CEPA of course a lot it will be pushed through the SAFTA. I think if Imran gets to form the next government, these agreements becoming a reality stand a very real chance. Actually if one reads the text of the recently signed trade agreement, in which significant concessions will be made over a period of time, those are easily by passing the T&C for even a FTA, so SAFTA helps hide the scrutiny by the hawks.

i don't understand, indians are always telling us that we are going to get "bitten" by pakistanis in return for supporting them.

however, it is indians who are giving them liberalized visa regime, while we did not add them to our free-stay visa list.

how does this logic work?
What India is attempting is to try and turn the focus away from all issues, and bring it to trade, and rest of the issues will be add ons, with a little give and take here and there, and no more. The idea for long has been to create mutually beneficial dependencies so that the two don't run for a war at the first terror attack that happens and some business men very close to the Pak Army have significant interest in having strong trade relations with India, who have played significant part in pushing this deal, and also moulding the opinion of the Pak Army generals who have generally been anti-trade agreements with India till the time the Kashmir issue gets settled which by now has become a non-issue pretty much so. There is just a passing reference made these days, no more.

With liberalised visa regime, they want to ease the flow of the business community, which in turn should significantly increase the trade. The visa-on-arrival at least for now should be no more than a publicity stunt. Going across the borders should still be full of hassles as has been the case for long. At least for now, not many Indians would be crossing the borders because a Pakistani stamped passport actually lands you in trouble and it is near impossible to then get a visa for most of the world, the questioning by these embassies is endless.

It will only be the business community that will really stand to benefit the most.

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
Take them sweetheart anytime u want , They're all urs

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
@thakur_ritesh

i think this is pure BS.that if you have Paksitani passport it is hard to get visa or pak visa stamp

one of my brother is in USA(with miranshah domicile)
2nd one is next month to go

as far as i know it is very hard for a american to get pakistani visa

beside this
Pak is a big market for india with 180millions population
if everything OK.the trade could even cross 15-20billions USD within a very short span

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackwater

@thakur_ritesh

i think this is pure BS.that if you have Paksitani passport it is hard to get visa or pak visa stamp

beside this
if everything OK.the trade could even cross 15-20billions USD within a very short span[/QUOTE

Not as difficult for Pakistani passport holder to get USA /UK/EU visa.

hope u know paki green passport holder has to wait 6 months for usa or UK tourist visa and that is also issued in dubai:pound::pound:

Aur western airport pe jo haal tum logo ka hota ha wo to Imran khan se leker nawaz sharif tak saab maan chuke ha.

tum bhi maan jao

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
@thakur_ritesh

beside this
if everything OK.the trade could even cross 15-20billions USD within a very short span[/QUOTE

Not as difficult for Pakistani passport holder to get USA /UK/EU visa.

hope u know paki green passport holder has to wait 6 months for usa or UK tourist visa and that is also issued in dubai:pound::pound:

Aur western airport pe jo haal tum logo ka hota ha wo to Imran khan se leker nawaz sharif tak saab maan chuke ha.

tum bhi maan jao
i dnt knw where you get all this BS from

bt i have given you first hand info because of my brother experience.
as usuall you can live in your deniel world.because no one care about you

Blackwater

i dnt knw where you get all this BS from

bt i have given you first hand info because of my brother experience.
as usuall you can live in your deniel world.because no one care about you

apply for USA or UK visa u will understand ...

first go out of ur madarsa boundaries in the city of bannu and see where you stand

BTW you seem to ignore your mentor/guru Imran khan''s statement ,that paki green passport ki koi izzat nahi ha western world me and how your people treated like animals in ur own territory dubai and saudi arabia airport:pound::pound:

Last edited:

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
@thakur_ritesh

It does create a problem to an extent.

The first thing, the questioning by these embassies is way-way more and largely centered around the purpose of visit to Pakistan.

The second, if the Indian's passport doesn't have a western country's visa but is only stamped with a Pakistani visa and some regional country's visa, chances of getting a visa to these western countries significantly reduce.

Eventually, quite a few Indians actually report loss of passport to side track this visa issue, and then have a new passport reissued. At least that is what I have heard from a few.

It happens.

beside this
if everything OK.the trade could even cross 15-20billions USD within a very short span
A very lucrative market for the Indian business community, all these trade organizations are continuously sending and hosting trade delegations to and from Pakistan, it is on going, continuous process. The business opportunities are immense.

India was pushing for this for long, every government that i can recall in the last 20years that has formed a government in India has pushed for stronger trade relations. Pakistan after having gone through some very troubled relations with the US has now come to terms that there is no better alternative to having strong trade relations with India, even a political party like JI today supports strong trade relations with India.

The official/unofficial trade today is quoted between 8-10b usd. So getting to this figure should be a matter of couple of years. 15-20b usd should definitely happen by the end of this decade. Also to remember, under SAFTA huge concessions are on offer, Pakistan will have these at a very short span of time, in contrast these concessions will be given little slowly to the Indians but still there is nothing to stop India from becoming Pakistan's second largest trading partner, right after the PRC.

Defenceindia2010

Country flag
We get irritating statements from the ''Pig Foreign Minister'' of Marshalistan, and he walks away with a new visa regime allowing these terrorists to do recce in 5 city's. Lovely :frusty:

mayfair

Relaxation of terms for businessman itself tell how GOI wants Pakistanis to understand the difference between environment of two countries & the opportunities that Indian state provides. Generating good-will among ordinary & business class of neighboring country is key priority here IMO. You can win wars but winning public favorability is toughest task.
That is one big load of bollocks. If the GoI really believes this (which I am certain they do not), then not only are they foolish, but certified loons who have no right to be in that office. And if someone swallows their tripe hook line and sinker, then one must wonder about their faculties.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
That is one big load of bollocks. If the GoI really believes this (which I am certain they do not), then not only are they foolish, but certified loons who have no right to be in that office. And if someone swallows their tripe hook line and sinker, then one must wonder about their faculties.
Indian policy over successive years disagrees with you.

Oh yeah and they've been repeatedly awarded right to assume the office.

Sent via Tapatalk from a galaxy far far away

mayfair

Indian policy over successive years disagrees with you.

Oh yeah and they've been repeatedly awarded right to assume the office.

Sent via Tapatalk from a galaxy far far away
No wonder we are a laughing stock for following a policy of mollycoddling the killers of our men, women and children.

Guess we do deserve it after putting these folks in the office.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
No wonder we are a laughing stock for following a policy of mollycoddling the killers of our men, women and children.

Guess we do deserve it after putting these folks in the office.

Yeah maybe you have better solution & that reaches majority support to implement it.

mayfair

Yeah maybe you have better solution & that reaches majority support to implement it.
In my opinion, a policy of minimal engagement should be the way forward. Do not provide oxygen to the Paki elite- which means no cricket, no "cultural exchanges", no visa liberalisation, unless there is a demonstrable change in their attitude (which has never happened and does not seem like happening). I believe that given a results of a few surveys (I will need to search for definite links), similar sentiments may be echoed by a majority of Indians.

What we are doing is basically rewarding them for being obstinate, bigoted pricks that they are. The only lesson they learn is- kick the cowardly Hindu in his face and he'll come groveling to you. Their so-called cultural ambassadors make money in India and then go back and gloat about how the pure Paki culture is much superior to India. How does that translate to generating goodwill?

Time and time again, this policy has floundered, no less than four times in the past 15 years (Lahore->Kargil; Agra->Parakram, UPA1->Mumbai, SeS-> Bomb blasts all over).

Yet we refuse to learn. This is because, none of the politicos or the uppity babus have lost anything- the losers have been Indian people, Indian soldiers and Indian economic interests.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
In my opinion, a policy of minimal engagement should be the way forward. Do not provide oxygen to the Paki elite- which means no cricket, no "cultural exchanges", no visa liberalisation, unless there is a demonstrable change in their attitude (which has never happened and does not seem like happening). I believe that given a results of a few surveys (I will need to search for definite links), similar sentiments may be echoed by a majority of Indians.

What we are doing is basically rewarding them for being obstinate, bigoted pricks that they are. The only lesson they learn is- kick the cowardly Hindu in his face and he'll come groveling to you. Their so-called cultural ambassadors make money in India and then go back and gloat about how the pure Paki culture is much superior to India. How does that translate to generating goodwill?
Let me make a huge correction. Its not Hindus, but Indians.

Time and time again, this policy has floundered, no less than four times in the past 15 years (Lahore->Kargil; Agra->Parakram, UPA1->Mumbai, SeS-> Bomb blasts all over).

Yet we refuse to learn. This is because, none of the politicos or the uppity babus have lost anything- the losers have been Indian people, Indian soldiers and Indian economic interests.
IMVHO we are suffering mistakes of Morarji Desai who took out the foot from enemy's mouth. After him, every leader, every Govt lived in the fear of Nuclear threat and continue to do so. Entire policy gets shaped around that fear & it has created ripple effects in terms of economic imperatives over last decades.

chase

Tihar Jail
Banned
i still don't understand. india is always warning us about terrorists and instability coming from paksitan, which will "bite us" back.

but india is giving pakistanis visas on arrival.... while china is not.
Unfortunately the indian government doesn't represents the sentiments of the majority of indians.
The govt is lazy,corrupt and spineless.We are hoping they get kicked out soon!

Satanist

Tihar Jail
Banned
I read US State department report that Hindus are most persecuted and hated group in Pakistan. So can it be fair that Pakistanis hate Indian Muslims less than Hindus?

mayfair

In the entire Paki mindset India==Hindus. Anything about India is about Hindus for them. their textbooks are full of anti-hindu bile, it is in their national character to hate Hindus. For them any perceived upmanship over India is the victory of the pious Muslims over the slimy, cowardly kaafir Hindus. In the 1965 war, Ayub Khan had remarked that the cowardly Hindu mindset was incapable of taking a few well directed blows. Their self delusions about 1 Paki muslim == 10 Hindus (not Indians), continues to this day.

They hated their own countrymen, the Bengalis because they were perceived to be short, dark rice eating and effeminate like Hindus.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles