New Russian single engine fighter jet

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Anyways I don’t see what this has to do with India.
The Advertisement for the A/C literally has an Indian dude on it
They will target our programs, Russians need the money and we know it
All ahead with Indigenous programs is popular sentiment among the members here

Neptune

Country flag

This aircraft advisement is targeting dozen of different countries. Russia would love to sell this aircraft to India or other countries but they don’t “need” the money. Russia sells billions in military equipment and has spent hundreds of billions on defense programs. Russia is not as desperate or poor as some people falsely claim. They have one of the largest defense budgets.

No one knows anything about this aircraft. I personally think India is unlikely to purchase this aircraft, at least not anytime in the foreseeable future. Anyways good luck to the Indian Air Force.

Pig benis on sushy

Country flag
I know what he meant. India generally has gotten very good deals from Russia with SU-30MKIs as well as MiG-29 upgrades and such. Other deals were not great but India would have paid much more from western counterparts for systems that may not even be offered to India to begin with. Western companies are generally less flexible when it comes to ToT and custom upgrades.

Anyways, India paid very high costs for Apaches and Rafales and got taken to the woodshed with the Mirage upgrades. Likewise India pumped billions into domestic companies such as HAL, and what is the results? A forth generation aircraft that took decades to produce, and the results? Poor to mediocre capabilities with a lot of foreign equipment. Arjun is no better, it’s a poor design that’s too heavy, has outdated gun and very weak points in the armor. The latest T-90 is far superior in every regard.

Anyways I don’t see what this has to do with India. No one here works for the Indian ministry of defense or nor do the Indian defense personnel takes any advice from random forums. Complaining about Russians/a secret aircraft online with armchair generals is like arguing with a door knob.
Results? Nigga really LUH , LCH, LCA Tejas a 4++ gen "light " combat aircraft nothing much on jet engine but for country like India it's ok who maintains spare parts and life cycle maintenance of such aircraft's guess armaments of such combat vechiles are also on trials . Either you are high on vodka there was a seperate thread regarding Arjun and T90 go and check that out first and for Rafael I don't think there is any Russian plane better in performance or armaments , avionics etc guess you love Russian chicks so much that you have lost your senses

ladder

Country flag
IAF will not be interested after FGFA.

Some say Russian team didn't treat the Indian team ( DRDO+IAF) with great respect to say the least.

Anandhu Krishna

We should stick to Tejas mk1A and the MWF when most of the other self respecting airforces get 5th gen jets and also participate in multi nation exercises featuring such acs.

Look at S Korea. They have their own program. The first KFX block 1 prototype was unveiled recently . Yet they are buying F-35.

We seem to be very happy with flying yester year jets when the whole world moves on . And we can always satisfy our ego by reminding us every now and then that we have the Amca which will soon have its first flight and will soon get inducted .
HAL will not be the lead in AMCA production. This kind of urgency is always there. Inducting this into the AF will only create more problems and will put AMCA in danger.

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag
Expect hitjobs to begin on Tejas Mk2 and AMCA any moment from now.
And for those who think importing this single engine Russian science project and MWF, AMCA development can go hand in hand, you can pretty much kiss goodbye to TEDBF, MWF, AMCA and be a net importer of fighter jets for the next 70 years atleast like the past 70 years.
Its now or never, the next 9 years are going to deicde whether India will be self sufficient in fighter jets or remain a importer and screw driver assembler of fighter jets like it has been for the past 70+ years.

Anandhu Krishna

I know what he meant. India generally has gotten very good deals from Russia with SU-30MKIs as well as MiG-29 upgrades and such. Other deals were not great but India would have paid much more from western counterparts for systems that may not even be offered to India to begin with. Western companies are generally less flexible when it comes to ToT and custom upgrades.

Anyways, India paid very high costs for Apaches and Rafales and got taken to the woodshed with the Mirage upgrades. Likewise India pumped billions into domestic companies such as HAL, and what is the results? A forth generation aircraft that took decades to produce, and the results? Poor to mediocre capabilities with a lot of foreign equipment. Arjun is no better, it’s a poor design that’s too heavy, has outdated gun and very weak points in the armor. The latest T-90 is far superior in every regard.

Anyways I don’t see what this has to do with India. No one here works for the Indian ministry of defense or nor do the Indian defense personnel takes any advice from random forums. Complaining about Russians/a secret aircraft online with armchair generals is like arguing with a door knob.

Russian deals are and will certainly be better for India's strategic autonomy. Just like the rest of us here you have no idea WTF you are talking about. With the "billions" being pumped into Tejas India is not just building a fighter aircraft but an entire aerospace industry. Have to start somewhere. I hope your invaluable assesment and conclusions of the Arjun is not comming from youtube videos.

We will be here arguing with our door knobs. Why are you here!?

Last edited:

Anandhu Krishna

What is up with fools like you? This is a defense forum. Do you have anything technical or educational to add? No obviously not.

I’m sure you can find other forums where you can make nasty, derogatory and sexist remarks. You add zero value to this forum other then spamming and getting sexual arousals.
Sexist!? Did you just propose that all gold diggers are woman!?

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
If this aircraft becomes a success Chinese will shill out huge amounts money to buy this aircraft in some meaningful numbers soo that Russians remains happy and they can do IP theft with ezz and no objection as Chinese are facing bottleneck in development of new military technologies.

This can become a another threat for india.

cannonfodder

Country flag
Lot of news on utube regarding this. More or less I don't think this will fly with our IAF due to same reasons:
1. Engine reliability
2. Work share

But in general good to see the design and specs. I think we are good for now with more Rafael's/Su/Tejas while more desi design fruition. Waiting for it to be revealed.

FalconZero

Country flag
There's a good chance that we see this beauty get inducted into our airforce in meaningful nos.

View attachment 100060

This singled engined 5th gen LMFS ish jet from the stables of Sukhoi won't pose a challenge to Tejas mk2. But it may ruin the chances of Rafale F4 from being shortlisted in the MRCA contest.

We will be needing the mk2 to replace our Jag and Mirage fleets.

And Amca wont be coming anytime before 2028.

What needs to be seen is whether this is the actual aircraft or a mock up and whether it has had its first flight .

View attachment 100061

Contrary to what people had been speculating ,this is a Sukhoi jet and not a MiG .
Russian aircrafts look amazing, even this one too but sorry we are sticking with MWF and then AMCA and maybe if there's need ORCA. No more imports.

PS: Desi >>>>>>>>>>> rest
In everything.

Arihant Roy

Country flag
So do u want us to cancel MWF program I am sorry with this attitude we will remain net importer. It's right time we should stop acting like hungry dog who runs towards every random weapon while ignoring his own house.
Have I ever mentioned that we should cancel our MWF program and invest in a foreign fighter ?

What I had always mentioned is that this Sukhoi LFS can be acquired under the MRCA tender. Besides Amca and MWF , we have the 114 MRCA competition.

Everyone worth his salt here in this forum know that Amca is a decade away. And that too if I am being optimistic.

Instead of frittering away our resources on a 4++ gen jet, it would make sense instead to focus on a 5th gen program . And even if we buy PAK-FA aka Su-57 , it won't affect the Amca program since these are two distict jets in different weight categories.

What use is buying Rafale F4 or JAS-39E as part of the 114 MRCA when we could have bought 5th gen acs.

Either we cancel the MRCA contest and buy mk2 instead or we must buy a 5th gen design now. It can be the F-35 also.

Arihant Roy

Country flag
As of now it is being developed using internal funds, If we wanna buy it, first we have to fund it's development which means it sucks our money from other programmes and our Air Force will ask its own enhancements which means it will cost more but not less. Remember that AMCA haven't got its CCS approval yet. We can't spend our limited amount of money on an imported toy. We have wasted so much in the past, we can't do that now.
Yes this is the important point. What needs to be seen is the whether it's a mock-up or the actual ac itself .

If the LFS have had its first flight, then rest assured a lot of the R&d had already been done. Besides, being a Sukhoi project, it feeds on the technologies already developed as part of the Su-57 program. It's kind of a spin-off program .

Arihant Roy

Country flag
Russian aircrafts look amazing, even this one too but sorry we are sticking with MWF and then AMCA and maybe if there's need ORCA. No more imports.

PS: Desi >>>>>>>>>>> rest
In everything.
Yep there was a time when I too harboured such grandiose illusions .

Well , it isn't our call. But that of the IAF. Let's wait and watch .

ladder

Country flag
Have I ever mentioned that we should cancel our MWF program and invest in a foreign fighter ?

What I had always mentioned is that this Sukhoi LFS can be acquired under the MRCA tender. Besides Amca and MWF , we have the 114 MRCA competition.

Everyone worth his salt here in this forum know that Amca is a decade away. And that too if I am being optimistic.

Instead of frittering away our resources on a 4++ gen jet, it would make sense instead to focus on a 5th gen program . And even if we buy PAK-FA aka Su-57 , it won't affect the Amca program since these are two distict jets in different weight categories.

What use is buying Rafale F4 or JAS-39E as part of the 114 MRCA when we could have bought 5th gen acs.

Either we cancel the MRCA contest and buy mk2 instead or we must buy a 5th gen design now. It can be the F-35 also.
Are you sure the 'burkawali' fighter that Ru bear is displaying is not just a mock-up? If it is one, you never know when that lemon would fly. Even if it flies, you wouldn't know whether it will be a grand success like MiG 35.

If it is a scheme ' see mock up- gib money - we develop - you fly', I am not even touching it with a long pole.

SavageKing456

Country flag

Let this single engine fighter enter production first,no need to jump to conclusions that it would be necessary or unnecessary for IAF.

Arihant Roy

Country flag
Are you sure the 'burkawali' fighter that Ru bear is displaying is not just a mock-up? If it is one, you never know when that lemon would fly. Even it flies, you wouldn't know whether it will be a grand success like MiG 35.

If it is a scheme ' see mock up- gib money - we develop - you fly', I am not even touching it with a long pole.
Thats why I had been saying from my first post here that it's important to note whether it's the real deal or it's a mock-up.

Between, as far as Pakfa is concerned, there are tech incorporated in it which would require our engineers another decade to come up with. Just because we hate commies , doesn't meant we get to deride and denigrate their each and every design .

My entire point being we shouldnt waste our precious resources buying 4th gen jets. Either we buy more Tejas or buy a 5th gen jet.

And this is for all those people who think Amca will fly earlier than this Sukhoi LFS, be my guest . Coz, it wont.

Arihant Roy

Country flag
Let this single engine fighter enter production first,no need to jump to conclusions that it would be necessary or unnecessary for IAF.
Don't you think that we should induct a 5th gen jet instead of playing around and fiddling around with more 4th gens .

The only reason VKS hasn't ordered more than 76 Pakfa is because of a scarcity of hard cash. It isn't because Pakfa is inferior to the F-35 and F-22.

ladder

Country flag
Don't you think that we should induct a 5th gen jet instead of playing around and fiddling around with more 4th gens .

The only reason VKS hasn't ordered more than 76 Pakfa is because of a scarcity of hard cash. It isn't because Pakfa is inferior to the F-35 and F-22.
PakFa isn't coming unless AMCA is a failure.
And it has nothing to do with AMCA but with Russian attitude during FGFA saga.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles