New look forum - views, problems & suggestions

Rashna

Country flag
It was always an illusion on DFI. :mad::eek:o_O

I am kind of disillusioned with this new format. No signature, no edit button, and i haven't even tried posting a new thread yet. I don't like the forum home page setup which doesn't show all the latest posts like we had the shoutbox earlier. Its too boring to go look at each sub-forum. The only thing which is good is the invisibility option is now active.I don't want to go in to heavy duty castigation as of now. Let the men at work feel happy with their labor of love.

QUOTE="Rowdy, post: 1035180, member: 15153"]now you have learned that peace is an illusion.[/QUOTE]

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
There are many great features on this new format.

Yet there are some areas that require attention.

Issues to be resolved

1. One cannot post a new thread because the message comes - Server error.

2. One cannot put articles in "Quotes' to separate it from the comments that are given on the article after posting it.

3. There in no button to 'Report' a particular post.

4. One cannot go to the last post (like before) from the New Post threads, but can go to the last page.

5. Non English quotes like Rashna's Sanskrit sloka comes out like Egyptian hieroglyphics.

6. Country flags are not there.

7. Original LIKES tote has vanished.

8. I think someone mentioned that he has no Edit button to edit his post.

9. There is no PM facility like before.While conversation is there, many would like to address issues that they don't want others to see. They used to use the PM facility.

10. There is no facility to move certain posts to another thread so that a thread can be 'cleaned' of OT posts.

Last edited:

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
There are many great features on this new format.

Yet there are some areas that require attention.

Issues to be resolved

1. One cannot post a new thread because the message comes - Server error.

2. One cannot put articles in "Quotes' to separate it from the comments that are given on the article after posting it.

3. There in no button to 'Report' a particular post.

4. One cannot go to the last post (like before) from the New Post threads, but can go to the last page.

5. Non English quotes like Rashna's Sanskrit sloka comes out like Egyptian hieroglyphics.

6. Country flags are not there.

7. Original LIKES tote has vanished.

8. I think someone mentioned that he has no Edit button to edit his post.

9. There is no PM facility like before.While conversation is there, many would like to address issues that they don't want others to see. They used to use the PM facility.
I thought the conversation was the PM. I can see all my old PM's there. are they public?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I thought the conversation was the PM. I can see all my old PM's there. are they public?
Try seeing my conversation or anyone else's.

I am just trying to clear my doubts from @LurkerBaba and @Daredevil since maybe I would like to discuss some Mod issues.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Missing my 'likes' and what are trophy points ?

Ancient Indian

p = np :)
My old infraction points are getting in the way. I am not able to access my home page.
Seem like your database is old one. Admin saabs please remove my infraction points.

Ancient Indian

p = np :)
The new look is amazing. . . Looking much more dynamic.

operation success. but missing tooth and hair.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Try seeing my conversation or anyone else's.

I am just trying to clear my doubts from @LurkerBaba and @Daredevil since maybe I would like to discuss some Mod issues.
Sir please check now. You should have all permissions restored. Try to create a new thread & see for yourselves.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
All likes gone... It was like 77% or around 5000 of the total posts....all hard work gone!!

No shoutbox! How to delete account now?

wtf!

Khagesh

The new look page prints very well compared to the old one. Thanks.

Also please make the fonts darker. The current font color scheme is getting merged into the background (less visible against the background).

brational

Country flag
Suspecting Foreign hand behind the disappearance of "Likes Received." o_O
Senior Members have become bankrupt of "Likes" earned from years of Hard-work. :mad:

The perpetrators must be brought to justice.:D
BTW, the forum look is getting better with every visit. I am loving it. Please fix the following -

Like and Reply buttons are placed in the Signature panel. It kills the emotions as you need to scroll down to press "Like". :eek: Seems pressing the "Like" button for the Signature.
Edit option should be restored.
Yes, Country Flag must be there because you need to know the nationality of the posters.:D

@LurkerBaba @Daredevil Great Job! Thanx for giving us a refreshed platform.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
The 10000 characters limit is too small for indic languages. Please increase

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles