Naxals/Maoists Watch

Should the Indian government use armed forces against the naxals/maoists?

• Total voters

Akshay_Fenix

Incubating Dreams

At Bhairamgarh’s Eklavya Vidyalaya, Class VII student Ram Prakash Sori says he wants to learn computer applications and become a computer teacher in a village school. Hailing from Punnur village in Bijapur’s Usur administrative block, Sori says that hadn’t it been for the Eklavya Vidyalaya, he would have had to discontinue his studies.

Sunil Mandavi (12) and his brother Pintu (10) study in Class IV at Geedam’s Aastha Vidya Mandir. Their father, Sundaram, who was a peon at a school in their native Gufa village in Dantewada, was gunned down by Maoists in 2014 on suspicion of being a police informer. Their mother had passed away earlier and they came to this school after their father’s murder. “I want to study hard and join the army to defend my country and also, if the opportunity arises, wipe out the Maoists,” says Sunil, an avid kabbadi player. His younger brother Pintu loves mathematics and wants to become an engineer. Lakshmi Katlam, 11, is a Class V student at Aastha Vidya Mandir. Her father Chinna was gunned down by Maoists in 2012 and her mother met the same fate the next year. “I want to become a doctor and treat the poor,” she says.

9.JPG

Lakshmi Katlam, whose parnets were killed by Maoists, studies at Aastha Vidya Mandir and wants to become a doctor

Sunita Karnam, 18, is pursuing a fashion designing course at Dantewada’s Skill Development College. “I saw a fashion show on TV some years ago and since then it has been my dream to become a fashion designer. I can now realise my dream. I want to make men’s and women’s clothes that showcase tribal motifs and the tribal way of life,” she says.

At Sukma’s Gyanodaya, Rahul Podiami, 6, lost all hope of an education after his school in Temelwada village in the district’s Konta block was destroyed by the Maoists. Now he wants to study and become a police officer to battle the Maoists. Ditto with Sariam Vicky, 7, of Merwadi village in Konta block of the district whose father Buccha Sariam was killed by Maoists earlier this year. He wants to join the army. Ramesh Sori, 8, was left heartbroken a year ago when Maoists burnt down his school, along with all houses, in Pentapar village last year. “They (the Maoists) accused the entire village of helping the police. I want to study and become an IPS officer and avenge that,” he says.

10.JPG

(from left to right): Sariam Vicky, Rahul Podiami and Ramesh Sori at Gyanodaya Vidyalaya in Sukma

11.JPG

View of the courtyard at Gyanodaya Vidyalaya, Sukma

Supplementing The State’s Efforts

Not just the state, a few other organisations are also pitching in to provide holistic education in the adivasi areas where the writ of Maoists used to run. Ekal Foundation, for instance, runs one-teacher non-formal Ekal Vidyalayas in 810 villages in Bastar. They educate children on health and hygiene, impart valuable lessons on society, community, India’s heritage and culture, religion, good agricultural practices including organic farming and a lot more after regular school hours. “We also teach about respecting women and elders, yoga and pranayam, general knowledge, and tell stories from the Ramayana and Mahabharata to kids aged between 6 and 14. Swami Vivekananda is our inspiration,” said Sanjeev Rungta, the general secretary in charge of Ekal activities in Chhattisgarh.

Jhane Bhoier teaches three groups of children at the Ekal Vidyalaya at Charbhata village, about 5 kilometres from Bahegaon on NH 30 that connects Jagdalpur to Bhairamgarh. “The children go to regular school and then from 5 pm to 8 pm, come to the Ekal Vidyalaya. I also teach women once a week on health, hygienic cooking and about our rituals and customs,” she says. Charbhata’s sarpanch Pancham Bhoier says that the Ekal Vidyalaya has brought about a marked change in youngsters in the five years since it was established in the village. “Our children have become more knowledgeable, disciplined, obedient and smart after going to Ekal Vidyalaya,” he says.

There are also more than 250 Saraswati Shishu Mandirs run by the RSS in Bastar. “We also run Vanvasi Kalyan Ashrams and are doing a lot of work to wean adivasis away from the death grip of Maoists. We have suffered a lot too; 25 of our workers have been killed by Maoists over the last five years and we have had to close down 10 Saraswati Shishu Mandirs. We run Sanskar Kendras from those schools now,” says Hemant Shukla, the RSS in-charge of Bastar. The Ramakrishna Mission and some other organisations are also running schools for adivasi children in the remote areas.

Healthcare And Other Facilities

But it is not just smooth roads and swanky residential schools that dot the hauntingly beautiful landscape of Bastar. State-of-the-art hospitals and other healthcare facilities provide the best of healthcare to the people virtually at their doorsteps. Remote Bhairamgarh, for instance, boasts of a 30-bed hospital, two smaller five-bed hospices and a dozen clinics where treatment and medicines are free. Shivendra Thakur is the doctor in charge of the Prathamik Swasthya Kendra (primary health centre) at Matawada, a Maoist stronghold till very recently, in Bhairamgarh. “We have 10 beds and cater to at least 50 patients a day,” he says. The health centre looks like a modern clinic in a metropolis and has an air-conditioned operation theatre, something that similar facilities in most other states of the country can’t even dream of.

A few kilometres away from Matawada lies Jangla village. What catches the eye is the Jangla Adarsh Anganwadi Kendra in the village. Its brightly painted facade, and a small children’s play park in front, make it a happy arena for kids. A little distance away is the two-storey Jangla Panchayat Bhawan that has 3G connectivity and a host of other facilities: a lok shiksha kendra (adult literacy class), an SBI kiosk, a PDS outlet and an e-cafe where villagers can fill in e-forms for crop loans, housing finance and any other government benefits, get MNREGA payments and find out the status of government projects. “This kendra has empowered the members of all the 306 families of Jangla. Major changes have occurred here over the past one year. And it has resulted in the influence of the Maoists waning. People now muster the courage to oppose the Maoists and have asked them to stop their activities here,” says Komal Nishad, the secretary of Jangla panchayat.

Bijapur’s pride is the 150-bed hospital in the district headquarters. It boasts equipment that rival those in the best private facilities even in the national capital. “We have modular operation theatres where orthopaedic and general surgeries, including laparoscopic surgeries, are carried out. We have 21 doctors, including 11 postgraduates, 30 paramedics and 46 nurses and the equipment in our ICUs and OTs are worth over Rs 5 crore,” says district civil surgeon T R Kunwar.

Doctors from other states flock to serve in such facilities in Bastar because of the handsome salaries (the standard government salaries are supplemented by money from the district mineral fund made up of mandatory contributions from mining companies) and the excellent facilities available. Kushal Sakure, who completed his MBBS from Aligarh Muslim University and is a gynaecologist at the district hospital, says he opted to work here because of the facilities. “I visited this hospital once and decided to work here. I will never get these facilities anywhere else in India,” he says. Similar state-of-the-art hospitals are being set up in other districts of Bastar.

Incidentally, Chhattisgarh offers free health cards to its citizens through which a person can avail of free treatment of up to Rs 50,000 a year. A few more health schemes offer a wide variety of free or heavily subsidised treatment, including surgeries, hospitalisation (including ICU and ITU facilities) and medication.

Bijapur district collector Tamboli says that the development offensive in his district has started yielding spectacular results. “After the end of the Salwa Judum chapter, people fled from the villages, especially the remote ones, and this vacuum was filled by the Maoists. The Maoists destroyed all infrastructure in those villages. With roads and a development push, we are slowly reclaiming all these villages. We have 1,150 anganwadi centres and 911 government-run schools in the district. Of the 600 villages in the district, half are electrified; 27 new villages were electrified last month itself,” he said.

Dantewada district collector Saurabh Kumar talks of the attitudinal change among villagers. He cites the example of Badegudra, a remote village and an erstwhile stronghold of Maoists. The district administration reached out to the villagers with the latest agricultural knowhow and slowly convinced the villagers to switch to organic farming. “About 160 farmers in Badegudra are into organic cultivation and their produce is fetching very good prices. The villagers, who were hostile towards us a few years ago, now welcome us warmly. And they are no longer sympathetic towards the Maoists,” he says.

Today, more than 25,000 farmers in Dantewada practise organic farming. “My vegetables fetch twice the price I used to get before turning to organic cultivation. The yield has also increased from about 36 quintals of rice per hectare to 56 quintals now,” says Rati Ram Yadav of Karli village in Geedam block. “Bhumgadi, a farmers’ society, has been established with 4,000 farmers are shareholders. The society now has 12 warehouses and a full time CEO. Their organic produce under the Adim brand name is being sourced by private retail chains in Chennai, Hyderabad, Bangalore and Chandigarh as well as by ISKCON. Very soon, organic rice and lentils from Dantewada will be sold through outlets at the Delhi and Mumbai airports,” says Kumar.

DSC_0430.JPG

Rati ram Yadav tends to his organic farm at Karli village in Geedam

He also takes the example of Parcheli village in Katekalyan block to the east of his district. Though the Maoists still exert considerable influence in the area, the villagers are now demanding roads, electricity and healthcare facilities. They want a school and warned the Maoists against causing any damage to infrastructure. “In two years, there won’t be any perceptible or imperceptible advantage for a villager to join the ranks of the Maoists. The adivasis will have nothing to lose and everything to gain if they give up the gun. Development will win the war against Maoists. It’ll be a soft win over Maoists,” he says confidently, adding that people in even the remotest villages now want development.

Sukma district collector Bansod speaks in a similar vein. The Maoists, he says, had damaged roads, destroyed schools and clinics, closed down markets and prohibited the adivasis from venturing out of their villages. “That stranglehold has been effectively broken. We are constructing roads deep in the interior areas. Markets, schools and clinics are being reconstructed. The main adivasi markets at Bhejji and Jagarmunda have been reopened and many of the 120 school buildings blown up by Maoists have been reconstructed and classes started there.”

Bansod says that in a couple of years’ time, Sukma will also become an organic farming hub. “We are building hospitals and schools at a fast pace, providing livelihood opportunities to the tribals, providing electricity and potable water to remote villages, and all these have instilled confidence among the adivasis to resist the Maoists,” he says. He even talks of turning Sukma, bestowed with unparalleled natural beauty and numerous unexplored waterfalls and other scenic spots, into a tourist hub in three years’ time!

DSC_0485.JPG

The Sukma-Dornapal road being constructed

DSC_0496.JPG

The newly-constructed bridge from Dornapal in Sukma to Odiama in Odisha that the Maoists have opposed. The bridge brings down driving time from Dornapal to Odisha by 12 hours

The brand new, 550-metre-long Dornapal-Odiama bridge over the Sabri river stands as a vindication of Bansod’s contention that Maoist influence has severely waned. This bridge that connects Sukma with Malkangiri district of Odisha was being opposed tooth and nail by the Maoists. But people of Sukma are enthused with the possibility of taking their agricultural produce to Odisha where they’ll get good prices.

E-Connectivity

Along with physical connectivity and infrastructure, e-connectivity is a focus area for chief minister Raman Singh. His pet Bastar Net project, launched in August last year, involves laying a 832 km-long optical fibre network to enhance internet and mobile connectivity in the 40,000 square km Bastar region. “This digital highway of Bastar will boost the rural economy, usher in a knowledge-based society, provide new economic opportunities and enhance transparency and accountancy of government services,” Singh tells Swarajya.

A visit to Palnar village, about 40 km from Bijapur and deep inside what was once exclusive Maoist territory provides a good insight into what benefits such connectivity can bring to people’s lives. Palnar boasts of 3G connectivity and has a row of 16 shops where payment through digital money has become the new norm. Payments are accepted through an Easytap machine (quite like a POS machine used in urban areas) that doesn’t require a landline connection. Purchases are also done through Paytm.

There is a wi-fi zone with 20Mbps speed and a common service centre with computers where villagers can fill in forms for government benefits, accept payments for MNREGA, get their pensions to their Aadhaar-linked accounts and get tips for their crops from agri scientists. There are 27 such centres in the district.

DSC_0463.JPG

A villager pays for his purchases through Paytm at a shop at Palnar

Palnar has a primary health centre where a “health ATM” is housed. Through this ATM, villagers can avail of general checkups, undergo cardiac tests and lungs and respiratory checkup. A technician at the health centre conducts these tests and the results are seen online by a panel of doctors in Mumbai, who then recommend medicines. This facility is sponsored by a private foundation which plans to set up more such ATMs in Bastar.

https://swarajyamag.com/politics/gr...paring-for-the-final-push-against-the-maoists

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
Why is there intelligence failure? Because 'intelligence' in our great nation is busy framing innocent Dalits/Muslims, while real culprits get away.
How many innocent dalits/muslims were framed since last month.
Motherfucker.
Dumbass like you must be handed ak47 and make stand at LOC. Break legs if u move asshole.
Ask naxals to move out of forest...that will followed by crpf.
C**k suker...How many dalits have framed innocent obc and oc...by filing wrong cases ..reason " they called me dalit"...wtf?
Do one thing...open your head...remove the brain and wash in with harpic.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00LD using Tapatalk

Akshay_Fenix

Anger Against Maoists

There is a palpable anger against Maoists among the adivasis, the very people whose interests the Maoists falsely claim to serve. The ironically named Shantinagar, a locality in the middle of Bijapur town, is where hundreds of victims of Maoist depredations and brutality have taken shelter.

Emla Suklu, 55, is one of them. “In 2004 and again in 2006, the Maoists raided Gangalur (his native village) on false charges of us being police informers. They brutally thrashed my sons the first time, and the second time they killed my 25-year-old son Lakshman and his wife. They looted out houses and took away all valuables and cattle. I escaped and have been living here since. I have some farmland, but it is lying fallow. I survive on government doles. The Maoists are evil and have been taking advantage of poor adivasis like us,” he says.

DSC_0136.JPG

Mangu Hemla with his family at Shantinagar

DSC_0130.JPG

Children orphaned by Maoists. The kids stay at a residential school in Bijapur now

Mangu Hemla, 60, also from Gangalur, had a nightmarish experience in 2006 that he is yet to recover from. “The Maoists came to our village one evening in October 2006 and rounded up male members of some families. They called me and my eldest son out to a field in the outskirts of the village and lined us up. Then they started shooting. I got a bullet in my leg and fell down. My son fell on top of me. The savages (Maoists) shot at the bodies that had fallen and I could feel my son taking in more bullets. He was dead. I could escape only by feigning death. These Maoists need to be killed brutally, each one of them,” says an enraged Mangu.

Pandru Kunjam, 45, originally a resident of Metapal village, was accused of Salwa Judum and thrashed brutally in 2008. He spent 10 months in a hospital and walks with a limp. “I want a gun to deal with the Maoists. They need to be killed very mercilessly,” he says.

Shantinagar seethes with rage against the Maoists. “The Maoists are brutal and bloodthirsty and this menace can be rooted out only with the same means that they use. They have to be gunned down mercilessly,” says Emla Budhu, 35, who narrowly escaped a Maoist attack.

Sawan Durgam, 28, witnessed the merciless killings of his father Durgam Lanchha, and his two brothers over three years since 2006 in Pusnar, his native village. “The Maoists killed them on charge of being police informers. I knew I would be next, so I escaped to Shantinagar in 2009. I am awaiting a job in the police now, and once I get that, I will go out and kill the Maoists,” he vows.

Even kids who have lost their parents to Maoist bullets are angry. Ganesh Kumar Wasan, a student of Class VII at Janpad Middle School in Bijapur’s Awapaalli, lost both his parents to Maoist bullets. “I was never fond of sports, but now I play all games to build myself up physically so that I can join the police and avenge my parents’ murder,” he says. The only family he has now is his elder sister Rina, 27, who he stays with now.

DSC_0118.JPG

Victims of Maoist violence at Bijapur’s Shantinagar

DSC_0114.JPG

Ganesh Kumar Wasan with his elder sister Rina. Ganesh wants to become an IAF fighter pilot and “drop bombs” on the Maoists

Emla Shukla’s orphaned grandsons Ajay (11) and Abhay (6) who study at Balak Ashram at Bijapur now want to join the armed forces to battle their parents’ killers. Ajay wants to join the Indian Air Force and become a fighter pilot “to drop bombs on the Maoists”. Sunita Hembram, 18, a Class XI student of Bijapur Girls’ School, aspires to become an IPS officer and battle the Maoists. “I often dream of my father (Masaram Hembram, killed by Maoists in 2005) and mother (Sanki, killed by Maoists in 2004). Their souls cannot rest in peace till their murderers are killed in exactly the same brutal manner in which they (my parents) were killed,” says Sunita.

Winning The War

Sundarraj P, the officiating IGP or Bastar and the man tasked with the security of the region (comprising the seven districts of Kanker, Kondagaon, Bijapur, Narayanpur, Bastar, Sukma and Dantewada) also chants the development mantra. Along with the development drive, a number of other security measures are being put in place. The raising of the CRPF’s Bastariya battalion will be a game changer, he says.

“The Maoists are getting weakened. Their numbers are depleting very seriously. Many of their armed units like the local organisation squads (LOS) have merged,” says Sundarraj. While the sympathy for the Maoists among adivasis is vanishing, the Maoists’ hold on their strongholds is also weakening severely with the construction of roads and other infrastructure that is taking the administration, and security forces, to the deep interiors.

But the Maoists are going to fight back with all the strength in their reserves, as Monday’s ambush of CRPF men proves. Top cops have no doubts that the final push into Maoist territory is going to be a bloody one. As K Vijay Kumar, senior security advisor on Left-Wing Extremism in the Ministry of Home Affairs says, the Maoists are feeling extremely threatened by the roads being built to connect the remote areas that are their strongholds. “With the roads, a lot of development happens. Schools and healthcare facilities come up, ration shops are opened and villagers get easy access to markets outside. The Maoists’ propaganda no longer works. Since the CRPF is playing a major role on providing security cover for road construction, they are coming under increasing attacks from Maoists. Monday’s attack shows that the Maoists are feeling threatened and, hence, resorting to desperate attacks on security forces,” Kumar said in the aftermath of Monday’s ambush.

Meanwhile, the fighting capabilities of the security forces is also being enhanced, says the IGP, with their training at the Counter Terrorism and Jungle Warfare College at Kanker and the Counter Insurgency and Jungle Warfare School at Vairengte in Mizoram. Bastar now has 44 battalions of CRPF, ITBP, BSF and SSB and 26,000 armed state police. With the strength of the security forces being increased, Sundarraj feels confident for making a final push into Maoist bastions and dislodging them from there. “In less than two years, the rule of the law will be restored in entire Bastar,” he promises.

https://swarajyamag.com/politics/gr...paring-for-the-final-push-against-the-maoists
Read the damn article(above posts) and stop your childish fight. Tu Paki hai, nahi tu paki hai, nahi tu paki hai

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Couple of posts are erased and some members are banned, Lets stick to the thread topic ..

Personal quarries can be attended via personal chat option ..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
There was an interesting incident i recall, A BSF causality came to a Army hospital without a doctor ..

In Army every casualty goes out with medical staff along in ambulances ..

The civil administration leading military affairs is a disaster ..

In short there is a problem with IPS,.

Tarun Kumar

I frankly dont know what problem TAMS have with Hindi. Tamil was not the language of IVC and Hindi is derived from apbrahmsha not sanskrit which is very much local. Its not like within the state someone is forcing them to learn Hindi.But at national level Hindi is the link language.

singhboy98

Country flag
I frankly dont know what problem TAMS have with Hindi. Tamil was not the language of IVC and Hindi is derived from apbrahmsha not sanskrit which is very much local. Its not like within the state someone is forcing them to learn Hindi.But at national level Hindi is the link language.
Frankly, this topic is too volatile to play with. Considering that we have more than enough problems on our hands right now, it is best to let sleeping demons lie.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
On the point of why there was no intel on 300(if true) naxals, ahead of time.

Just a little tidbit.

15-20 years back when the naxal movement was on the rise, many of my relatives were big land owners in those remote naxal areas.

Naxals would give an hour or two notice if they were coming in for the night. They would come in about batches of 25, usually for food. When they come for food, at any point time only 2-3 people would eat and rest 22-23 would be on guard. That is the level of priority that would give to self-security. This was at a time when there was no state level plan against Naxals, they must have upgraded their SOP since then.

Raj Malhotra

Country flag
From the arms, ammo and wireless sets captured by Maoists, its clearly evident that the CRPF party was very heavily armed. Lot of hits would have been absorbed by BPJs. Any ambush could have been broken up by use of UBGLs & LMGs. It seems that CRPF personnel did not get "special" jungle training. Maoists area requires training for full scale military warfare and not only "armed civilian policing". It seems that no wireless message was dispatched inspite of atleast "5 wireless" sets. Sad possibility is that personnel may have been sleeping without guard and/or unknowingly used Maoists as porters. Which is blandly called "breach of established patrolling procedure" in military terms.

As a military forum, we should stop squealing like monkeys and look at situation practically. Govt is opening up a sensitive area and there are bound to be causalities. Jungle warfare is manpower intensive, bloody business and we will make sacrifices. Idea is to train and equip our soldiers to extract maximum pound of flesh. We need to improve our training, equipment, electronic & human Intel and hit the overground supporters. For every dead soldier, kill 10 overground workers of Maoisits.

Modi was able to prevent terrorism in Gujarat inspite of ISI being desperate to use Muslim dis-satisfaction in Gujarat against him. This/Sukma was perhaps a tactical failure at local level but we should use it to make tactical, strategic and geopolitical improvements.

From the reports it seems that CRPF patrol had around 90-100 soldiers but instead of moving in 3 separate self supporting groups, they might have all have been moving together. The ambush took place in broad daylight which indicates that some workers, porters, villagers and even Maoists were moving together or along with the CRPF patrol. The heavy losses indicate that the whole CRPF patrol had let down their guard for lunch and most of them were asleep when they were ambushed. Most of the deaths may have taken place in the first minute with Maoists creeping right upto the CRPF personnel undetected and then CRPF party broke up (running helter skelter and firing randomly all over the place). This is a tactical failure not that of Modi. CRPF command is to be directly blamed for its failure to provide training and instill discipline.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
From the arms, ammo and wireless sets captured by Maoists, its clearly evident that the CRPF party was very heavily armed. Lot of hits would have been absorbed by BPJs. Any ambush could have been broken up by use of UBGLs & LMGs. It seems that CRPF personnel did not get "special" jungle training. Maoists area requires training for full scale military warfare and not only "armed civilian policing". It seems that no wireless message was dispatched inspite of atleast "5 wireless" sets. Sad possibility is that personnel may have been sleeping without guard and/or unknowingly used Maoists as porters. Which is blandly called "breach of established patrolling procedure" in military terms.

As a military forum, we should stop squealing like monkeys and look at situation practically. Govt is opening up a sensitive area and there are bound to be causalities. Jungle warfare is manpower intensive, bloody business and we will make sacrifices. Idea is to train and equip our soldiers to extract maximum pound of flesh. We need to improve our training, equipment, electronic & human Intel and hit the overground supporters. For every dead soldier, kill 10 overground workers of Maoisits.

Modi was able to prevent terrorism in Gujarat inspite of ISI being desperate to use Muslim dis-satisfaction in Gujarat against him. This/Sukma was perhaps a tactical failure at local level but we should use it to make tactical, strategic and geopolitical improvements.

From the reports it seems that CRPF patrol had around 90-100 soldiers but instead of moving in 3 separate self supporting groups, they might have all have been moving together. The ambush took place in broad daylight which indicates that some workers, porters, villagers and even Maoists were moving together or along with the CRPF patrol. The heavy losses indicate that the whole CRPF patrol had let down their guard for lunch and most of them were asleep when they were ambushed. Most of the deaths may have taken place in the first minute with Maoists creeping right upto the CRPF personnel undetected and then CRPF party broke up (running helter skelter and firing randomly all over the place). This is a tactical failure not that of Modi. CRPF command is to be directly blamed for its failure to provide training and instill discipline.
Superb analysis...............................

Brood Father

Country flag

So our jawans are ill trained and incompetent?
Ok then who is responsible for this?
Some heads should roll now

Bahamut

From the reports it seems that CRPF patrol had around 90-100 soldiers but instead of moving in 3 separate self supporting groups, they might have all have been moving together.
Splinting your group us common anti ambush tactics .We need a QRT or Quick Reaction Forces which is heavily armored and have heavy weapons for supressive fire .

Raj Malhotra

Country flag
ILL trained is not same as incompetent. I am not trained as a soldier but that does not mean I am incompetent. It just means that I need to be provided correct training & practice.

SanjeevM

Country flag
We have lots of latest technology. Why don't we test our equipment on naxals. If the are successful, mass manufacture them. E.g. we have drones. Arm them and make them capable of firing bullets or missiles. Test your drones in real war zone and eliminate anyone carrying a gun in naxals area.

We have satellites. Why can't we watch certain areas and gather Intel regarding maoist movement. If we find a group gathering, hit that area hard with missiles.

We can plant motion sensors in forest areas that may activate cameras in those area and capture live feed from forest and track maoist movement and if they are in larger numbers, send drones to immediately target them.

Form village defence committees in affected areas on the same lines, we had back then in Punjab. Arm them with rifles and wireless sets. Supreme court banned selva Judam but can't ban village defence committees. Have live Intel over wireless. Send drones to verify the claims and either target them with missiles or encounter them.

Take action against azadi shooters in Delhi, JNU and white collared naxals. University professors advocating naxals should be dismissed from service as they are breaching the terms of their employment by speaking in favor of enemies of the state.

Ban the channels like NDTV. Investigate their ownership and political motivation. If they are funded by foreign countries and churches, ban them.

A lot of things can be done

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
taking it forward from @Bahamut 's point...

First we have to recognise the difference between cobra and regulars of CRPF. Cobra is the assault force in the CRPF.

How about ghatak type platoon attached to each road opening party? 10-15 ghatak type QRT attached to every 100 CRPF regulars...

now sure how effective it will be, if a road opening party is spread across a kilometre area...

Tony HMG

Country flag
Stop the use of crpf for the anti naxal and Kashmir operations.Just hand over there two regions to our army for 6 months.Block all internet and telephony in these areas.Eliminate those fcking jnu types and other supporters in the media. These scum need to be dealt with extreme brutality.Utilise the deadly gorkha regiment here.Ill equipped crpf jawans with lack of support from the corrupt local police is a continued recipe for disaster.A single dead soldier should account to 500 dead pigs.Stop this shit of reforming these naxals.Tie then to ieds and blast these mofos.Wonder what China and Russia would have done to such scums.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
How about ghatak type platoon attached to each road opening party? 10-15 ghatak type QRT attached to every 100 CRPF regulars...

now sure how effective it will be, if a road opening party is spread across a kilometre area...
This works, if the enemy location is identified. In case of Naxals, it is not possible without air surveillance or HUMANIT.

Mostly Naxals ambush in groups, surprize attack, on convoys well even Ghataks would be sitting ducks if that happens.

Brood Father

Country flag
ILL trained is not same as incompetent. I am not trained as a soldier but that does not mean I am incompetent. It just means that I need to be provided correct training & practice.
Hmmm... But question is who is responsible for death of 25 brave hearts
I'll trained or incompetent?!!!someone should be held responsible... Pray tell who it is

Brood Father

Country flag
Stop the use of crpf for the anti naxal and Kashmir operations.Just hand over there two regions to our army for 6 months.Block all internet and telephony in these areas.Eliminate those fcking jnu types and other supporters in the media. These scum need to be dealt with extreme brutality.Utilise the deadly gorkha regiment here.Ill equipped crpf jawans with lack of support from the corrupt local police is a continued recipe for disaster.A single dead soldier should account to 500 dead pigs.Stop this shit of reforming these naxals.Tie then to ieds and blast these mofos.Wonder what China and Russia would have done to such scums.
I m totalty against army deployment ... Job of army to safeguard the border.. Not to involve in naxal issue, hell army don't want to involved in CI
CRPF should be given ample power, involving army will only decrease the confidence.

Global Defence

Articles