Naxals/Maoists Watch

Should the Indian government use armed forces against the naxals/maoists?

• Total voters

doreamon

Country flag
What air chief thought in 2010 abt use of airforce against naxal . It was after dantewada attack where 76 crpf died . Today there is same logic .

His logic

1 . Maoist are indian citizen
2 . We cnt determine whether target is hostile frm 1500 to 1800 mts
3 . Our weapons are lethal . Its for enemy outside .

This is the same logic if someone wonder why we r not attacking their camps , lines , weapon factory frm air and instead pattroling troops on ground .

Harbinger

कसाई
On a sider note, if anyone has assumed that I peddled propaganda or what not, I'd like to make it clear, I've no such intentions of peddling propaganda or doing anything which might appear anti-national in nature, I've been loyal to my country and law, and I shall remain so. If anything appeared to be otherwise, I apologise. To minimise the further "misunderstandings" I'll try remain inactive. Peace.

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
On a sider note, if anyone has assumed that I peddled propaganda or what not, I'd like to make it clear, I've no such intentions of peddling propaganda or doing anything which might appear anti-national in nature, I've been loyal to my country and law, and I shall remain so. If anything appeared to be otherwise, I apologise.
Na bhai , I know why you posted that.
I know bas meri tarah bohot log ka mood nai tha , un suwaron ka propaganda dekhne ka

Spindrift

What air chief thought in 2010 abt use of airforce against naxal . It was after dantewada attack where 76 crpf died . Today there is same logic .

His logic

1 . Maoist are indian citizen
2 . We cnt determine whether target is hostile frm 1500 to 1800 mts
3 . Our weapons are lethal . Its for enemy outside .

This is the same logic if someone wonder why we r not attacking their camps , lines , weapon factory frm air and instead pattroling troops on ground .
We don't need fighter or ground attack planes dropping heavy ordinance on them, we need a couple of helicopters with a couple of gunners with 30 or 50 cal machine guns.

Spindrift

That won't be enough , thermobaric bombs are meant to burn.
Must use them.
That would raise too many eyebrows, firstly most people don't know the difference between thermobaric and HE ordinance and for them it will be that the Indian government bombed it's own poor people, tribal people and secondly, in the process burned half of the forest down for their businessmen friends so that they can do mining, etc...

It would be best to do something like this:

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
That would raise too many eyebrows, firstly most people don't know the difference between thermobaric and HE ordinance and for them it will be that the Indian government bombed it's own poor people, tribal people and secondly, in the process burned half of the forest down for their businessmen friends so that they can do mining, etc...

It would be best to do something like this:

Na , it would expose airforce personal for too long.
Do this And end it there.

doreamon

Country flag
We don't need fighter or ground attack planes dropping heavy ordinance on them, we need a couple of helicopters with a couple of gunners with 30 or 50 cal machine guns.
Upon browsing little bit i came to conclusion Even for helicopter gunship nation is discussing it for last 10 yrs after dantewada ... Argument is it is unnecessasy escalation ! Air force does nt want to get involved If they down one helicopter then fighter jets ll be demanded and so on .. If adivasi dies it ll be a good optics fir maoists . Etc
Was surprised to find a 2010 article stating govt desire to to use UAV against naxals ....

So whtev we r discussing here is nothing new 😂😂 ....

* Govt strategy is slow poisoning of the naxalite ecosystem by poverty elemination programmes , infra and light offence to keep their power in check ... It does nt want a all out war . And i think there is different standards for NE rebels , kasmir and Central india .. probably because its not border region and there are some sympathy in the system ..

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
I have a neighbor
Naib Subedar Mohammed (retd), Me and my mother visited him few hours ago, he was quite sad seeing the after all this halla-balla happenings, I swear I saw tears In his eyes
And watching him on that edge I was very deeply disheartened, we had a chat and he send me off
Lord Ram what is happening

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
I am pretty sure this gen when serving in the army might have leaked soo much of information about our armed forces to our enemy countries..
Military Ethics and Ideological leanings are two different things

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles