Naxals/Maoists Watch

Should the Indian government use armed forces against the naxals/maoists?

• Total voters

Harbinger

कसाई
The actual meaning of MPVs are to protect lives inside not the actual vehicle are destroyed. In that case even oshkosh MPVs were blown up which is touted as the best in the field.
lol see how it works
Mpvs are blown
Jawans crawl out
They get attacked
Then looted

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
lol see how it works
Mpvs are blown
Jawans crawl out
They get attacked
Then looted
MPVs are not like regular buses like the one destroy today lol.. Each MPVs carry lesser troops than civilian bus!! You need 3-4 MPVs to fit all the troops from that one single bus.
Even if two MPVs got attacked at the same time the remaining one can provide cover fire for those jawans.

Harbinger

कसाई
MPVs are not like regular buses like the one destroy today lol.. Each MPVs carry lesser troops than civilian bus!! You need 3-4 MPVs to fit all the troops from that one single bus.
Even if two MPVs got attacked at the same time the remaining one can provide cover fire for those jawans.
I know dude, I've ridden some too irl, so I'm aware of the "seating arrangements" It's not easy as it sounds online. 100+ naxals aren't easy to escape from during an ambush. I speak from first hand observations, not from the Internet articles. When naxals blow something up they surround it in a heavy number, in an anti naxal ops there are hardly 30-50 jawans. So you can't expect 50 jawans to fend off 100+ naxals while being injured

Last edited:

Cheran

Country flag
I know dude, I've ridden some too irl. It's not easy as it sounds online. 100+ naxals aren't easy to escape from during an ambush. I speak from first hand observations, not from the Internet articles.
Could drones help in these scenarios?

Harbinger

कसाई
Could drones help in these scenarios?
Of course if jungles aren't dense. Naxals live among the tribals, use them as human shields too most of the time. Most jungles have miles of dense vegetation with rugged terrain, it's easy for them to attack and scatter in deep forest.

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
I know dude, I've ridden some too irl, so I'm aware of the "seating arrangements" It's not easy as it sounds online. 100+ naxals aren't easy to escape from during an ambush. I speak from first hand observations, not from the Internet articles. When naxals blow something up they surround it in a heavy number, in an anti naxal ops there are hardly 30-50 jawans. So you can't expect 50 jawans to fend off 100+ naxals while being injured
LOL bro, it's only because of immense respect I have for forces (police and CAPF) who carry out Anti-Naxal Ops that I really care about their well being!!!! The only way to prevent the pack attack they call it is by using armed drone cover by its not feasible in heavy vegetated areas. The only way to solve this going in groups scattered in different places in the same area and called upon when needed.

Harbinger

कसाई
LOL bro, it's only because of immense respect I have for forces (police and CAPF) who carry out Anti-Naxal Ops that I really care about their well being!!!! The only way to prevent the pack attack they call it is by using armed drone cover by its not feasible in heavy vegetated areas. The only way to solve this going in groups scattered in different places in the same area and called upon when needed.
For that you'll have to change the whole training module, the way ops are meant to be carried out are prescribed in training manuals.

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
For that you'll have to change the whole training module, the way ops are meant to be carried out are prescribed in training manuals.
Finally someone said it!! Our entire doctrine about guerilla warfare has to change, going by the Textbook or following what Americans did in Vietnam will not help. But its easier said than done.

Harbinger

कसाई
Every naxal ops with especially the ones with actual firefight(s) is the game of spraying and praying, if your luck is with you, you'll kill some, if your luck isn't with you you'll get some killed in your own team.

Harbinger

कसाई
Finally someone said it!! Our entire doctrine about guerilla warfare has to change, going by the Textbook or following what Americans did in Vietnam will not help. But its easier said than done.
You should know police doesn't enjoy the freedom its CAPF counterparts do during any operation. For every naxal down you'll have to defend yourself legally later, along with getting the clearance of human rights commission, in some encounters they even ask police jawans in courts that what hand did you use to shoot and such.

Harbinger

कसाई
Out of all reasons if forces are lacking something, there's a rather obsecure reason which is of the liability imposed on them by the government they die for, I've seen their living conditions I've listened to their stories and it'll actually make any citizen sad as much as it did to me

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
Out of all reasons if forces are lacking something, there's a rather obsecure reason which is of the liability imposed on them by the government they die for, I've seen their living conditions I've listened to their stories and it'll actually make any citizen sad as much as it did to me
Remember in Indian Police Thread I said I had a brief encounter with armed constables from Chennai city police?? They had the same feeling!!

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Should not be judging based on few setbacks.
Indian forces have been at it for more than three decades now, pretty sure they have written their own book by now.

Also pretty sure they are not following murican playbook in Vietnam, murican playbook in Vietnam was capturing hilltops and using CAS to achieve it, which is not the case here.

Harbinger

कसाई
Should not be judging based on few setbacks.
Indian forces have been at it for more than three decades now, pretty sure they have written their own book by now.

Also pretty sure they are not following murican playbook in Vietnam, murican playbook in Vietnam was capturing hilltops and using CAS to achieve it, which is not the case here.
Murcians follow the mindset of hump em and dump em, shouldn't be applicable at any place except the murcians ofc

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
Local churches act on the interest of western power and obviously they are funded by them. India is a resource rich country and if it starts selling those resources we might rival them and they don't want another China in the future, so they do what ever it takes to keep us at bay!! Monitor all the churches and priests illicit activities!!

Harbinger

कसाई
Local churches act on the interest of western power and obviously they are funded by them. India is a resource rich country and if it starts selling those resources we might rival them and they don't want another China in the future, so they do what ever it takes to keep us at bay!! Monitor all the churches and priests illicit activities!!
I've said it but I'll say it again. Naxals aren't organised enough to cause much destruction, they're not organised like mujahids to allow their external controllers to gain something bigger, no western power is going to bother helping some unorganised armed tribals scattered in odd numbers who are now fighting for themselves not for the cause.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles