Navy blocks IMD plan for Chinese radar

shotgunner

Oh no, I was serious with a little sarcasm directed at an Indian who thinks India should be reliant on China. Chinese electronics are crap even when they use US technologies. Their quality control on a scale of 1-10 is -2. Indo-Italian radars would be much better than Chinese junk. You certainly don't need Chinese technicians snooping around secure Indian Naval facilities.
On electronics (material tech, semi-conductor, nano, etc), US technologies are world-leading right? How about uplifting your automobile quality? You should use US technologies. I like that "Even ... US" phrase you use, very inspiring.

Hey expert how do you get that remarkable and amazingly accurate -2 on quality scale? I like to know cos after seeing how great Russian stuff performed in Gulf War I thought Russians should win that title. -2, how precise, it is an honour to have quality posters here on DFI!

Indian quality > Chinese quality?
Indian quality > Chinese-US quality?
Indo-Italian quality > Chinese quality?
Indo-Italian quality > Chinese-US quality?
Can you be more specific? Anyway, Soviet tech rocks! Russian tech also rocks!

Koji

Actually USA...
You are right for 2009. But the fact is that they have been going back and forth for being India's largest trading partner. In 2006, China overtook the US, and it seems that the US have retook that position. Anyways, the fact that China is right behind the heels of the US still means that Chinese trade is very important for India.

shotgunner

Oh, you think you can be cute eh?

You can take your 'semantics' and rama it up your WAZOOOO.

As for 'umbrellas', let's not even get there:

Yeah he is quite cute.

How to rama "semantics" up one's WAZOOO? What is that, and have you done that before?

As for "umbrella", let's get there shall we? Your picture looks extraordinary, I like that, I also have a lot of such pictures but from other countries especially in India. BTW, I am a new member, how do I upload pictures?

Vladimir79

Professional
On electronics (material tech, semi-conductor, nano, etc), US technologies are world-leading right? How about uplifting your automobile quality? You should use US technologies. I like that "Even ... US" phrase you use, very inspiring.
We do, we co-produce GM autos.

Hey expert how do you get that remarkable and amazingly accurate -2 on quality scale? I like to know cos after seeing how great Russian stuff performed in Gulf War I thought Russians should win that title. -2, how precise, it is an honour to have quality posters here on DFI!
Personally, b/c the last two LCD TV/monitors I bought from China didn't last a year without blowing up or leaving burn throughs. As far as Russian, I still have an Elektronika MK-52 from 1985 that works like a charm.

Chinese government said itself that 1/5th of all consumer goods were found to be substandard.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/05/business/worldbusiness/05safety.html

Your own government says your stuff is crap.

Rage

DFI TEAM
Yeah he is quite cute.

He's cute, but you ain't.

How to rama "semantics" up one's WAZOOO? What is that, and have you done that before?

Take some 'semantics', mix it in the disingenuous artifice of some lubricating oil, curl it into the 'wick' of an attempted barb, lift up the vulpine, insidious skirt of cowardice, and then ream it up and down until you've got the message or have realized that snide, artlessly deceptive yet strangely visible comments will get you nowhere.

I've made plenty of your kind "do it" before for me to know "what it is".

As for "umbrella", let's get there shall we? Your picture looks extraordinary, I like that, I also have a lot of such pictures but from other countries especially in India. BTW, I am a new member, how do I upload pictures?

Why don't you JUST TRY ?

Sly, maliciously redolent comments that have sought to insinuate about the mistral maladies of India have received their due response. Now let's see what a series of disparaging images or "pictures", that aim to spark a flame war, "especially from India" do to your prospects on this forum.

Let's "get there", shall we?

Do not respond for others coming to their aid as their 'mouthpiece' when you are not directly spoken to.
Do not respond for others coming to their aid as their 'mouthpiece' when an attempt is being made to demolish their insinuative, crudely snide and detractive comments.
Do not respond for others coming to their aid as their 'mouthpiece' when all you can evoke is a series of (self-presumably) 'evocative' questions and nothing else.

Rage

DFI TEAM
Buy a radar = dependent? Anyway, I agree with you, India should be dependent on Russia, or maybe USA, even France. That works.

That's right. Because we do not have strategic, geopolitical or territorial contentions with either of these countries.

So you're damn right, that "works".

Vladimir79

Professional
You are right for 2009. But the fact is that they have been going back and forth for being India's largest trading partner. In 2006, China overtook the US, and it seems that the US have retook that position. Anyways, the fact that China is right behind the heels of the US still means that Chinese trade is very important for India.
India has an $11.2 billion deficit with China, it would hurt them more so than India. In otherwords, China is reliant on India to buy their "substandard and tainted" products.

no smoking

Country flag
India has an $11.2 billion deficit with China, it would hurt them more so than India. In otherwords, China is reliant on India to buy their "substandard and tainted" products.
Yes, by exporting raw material to china. Seriously, we want to buy more.:)>

atleast_a_bronze

Country flag
Chinese radar given back, security cited

The mistrust with which India views China has taken a toll on Mumbai’s weather prediction mechanism.

Not only has the installation of the doppler radar — imported from China — been put on hold, but the radar itself has been sent back to Delhi.

The China-made radar, lying unused for more than six months at the compound of the weather bureau office in Colaba, was shifted to Delhi in the last week of December. The administration was forced to take this decision after the defence ministry vetoed a proposal to allow a team of Chinese officials to visit the high-security zone in Mumbai to instal the radar.

Officially, however, said it was a ‘‘technical problem’’ that led to the development. ‘‘We have moved the radar to Delhi as there was some technical problem,’’ IMD-Mumbai deputy director-general of meteorology R V Sharma said.

The doppler radar was slated to be installed atop a building called Archana in Navy Nagar. The defence ministry had no objection to the installation of the radar but said no Chinese national could be allowed in the restricted zone, a senior Mantralaya official told TOI.

The Maharashtra government took up the matter with higher-ups at the Centre. TOI was the first paper to report about this problem when chief minister Ashok Chavan wrote a letter, seeking to expedite the process of giving clearance to Chinese scientists for their visit to Mumbai to instal the radar. ‘‘But the Centre denied permission for security reasons,’’ the Mantralaya official added.

sandeepdg

I also have a lot of such pictures but from other countries especially in India.
Other countries in India ??? What the shit is that supposed to mean ?? Take geography lessons, kid !! :thumbs_thmbdn:

sandeepdg

I don't understand that when we are serious about quality, why don't we go for an Israeli or an European doppler radar rather than buying stuff from someone that may compromise our security and a decision that we may regret later on just to save some money !! In the meantime, asking BEL to upgrade their software to enable future acquisition.

Jagdpanther

Everybody is buying Chinese "substandard and tainted" products, but WHY??

In your words, India has 11.2 billion deficit with China, that means India loses money & China earns money. How could the trading profit hurts China??:help:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
India has 11.2 billion deficit with China, that means India loses money & China earns money. How could the trading profit hurts China??:help:
If they cut trade, an Indian trade deficit would hurt China more is I believe being said.

Jagdpanther

If they cut trade, an Indian trade deficit would hurt China more is I believe being said.
Who cut the trade? India or China? China doesn't want to, so does India want to cut? China sells industrial products to India, India sells raw materials back.

It really doesn't matter if India does cut it, because everybody is buying Chinese products right now. The big dragon makes more profit than before. When world was in 2008 financial crisis , when every country was looking for money to save their own asses, China is quite calm because he has already stocked enough to live during the cold winter.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Who cut the trade? India or China? China doesn't want to, so does India want to cut? China sells industrial products to India, India sells raw materials back.
Obviously India...

It really doesn't matter if India does cut it, because everybody is buying Chinese products right now. The big dragon makes more profit than before. When world was in 2008 financial crisis , when every country was looking for money to save their own asses, China is quite calm because he has already stocked enough to live during the cold winter.
Chinese export surplus is down 34%. The Celestial Empire makes far less money now than before. China is quite frantic since they have to spend nearly 2 trillion between stimulus and bad loans to bolster their economy.

Jagdpanther

Obviously India...

Chinese export surplus is down 34%. The Celestial Empire makes far less money now than before. China is quite frantic since they have to spend nearly 2 trillion between stimulus and bad loans to bolster their economy.

China still keep its 2009 GDP growth rate above 8%, it's a good job in such bad situation.

I do believe India wants to cut the trade deficit with China, but the question is India needs to find a replacement industrial products supplier. And the new supplier will be WHO??

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
China still keep its 2009 GDP growth rate above 8%, it's a good job in such bad situation.
So good when you have to spend $2 trillion? China is digging its grave with that kind of overextension.

I do believe India wants to cut the trade deficit with China, but the question is India needs to find a replacement industrial products supplier. And the new supplier will be WHO??
India...

no smoking

Country flag
Yes, stop buying the cheap goods from china and turn your eyes to those expensive Europe or Japn producer. Looks like india has lots of spare money in pocket.

I just imagine how indian leaders could explain to their poor they decide to cut the trade:" Yes, the bad news is you have to pay more for your basic needs. But the good news is that some chineses are suffering more." I think india public will love it.:india:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles