Nag anti-tank Missile

J

John

missile weighs 42kg, plus launcher..too much for a soldier to carry.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
I have a Question? can Nag be used just like Javelin ( Usa)? because it wiil be a huge advantage if one man able to to fire nag on a tank just like manpad. because it will be impossible for anyone to detect him.!
chau
No, Nag can't be used as Javelien. Nag's weight is about 42 kg with diameter 175 mm while Javellien has a diameter of 127 mm and weight of approx. 10kg to 15kg depending on version.
Hellfire is the comparable version of Nag.
Javellien is a sholder launched weapon.

ZOOM

Founding Member
isint 200 per year low...i mean the soviet union used to produce 25000 a month,thats 25000x12 a year.
Yes, Soviets always used to produce in huge numbers, but in those days technology wasn't as a advance as it is now. At the same time, they had a huge budget to set up enough production line to produce endless amount of such missile both for their homegrown armed forces and for Export. We should not forget the fact that, their Military belief had a high inclination on massive number and hence you can certainly get to see such a huge Production of a single AGM.

But all those history of soviet has inverse relationship with its Indian counterparts for various reason, but in technology, I must say that NAG can certainly have a upper hand as compred to previous generation and high producing AGM of soviet origin.

Let's await for NAG to extend its range beyond 7km, so we won't require to be dependent upon Isreali AGM which has a range of 8km.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Missiles are generally not exposed to vulnerable environment, preparedness and logistic/reinforcement depends upon tactics and deployment that's how a war is won even the best weapon system without it may fail to deliver.
Do u mean Nag would be used for defencive purpose?

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
Do u mean Nag would be used for defencive purpose?
I mean to say that Namica without a 30mm cannon as you have asked makes it a weapon as good as it is meant to be. no matter an additional gun fitted would be a great add on but at a cost.

venom

DFI Technocrat
This what Nag missile seeker sees
According to me it is a image from of an IR seeker of 2nd generation ATGM not Nag.The seeker of Nag ATGM can see the different temperatures in a tank & can attack the most appropriate location.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
According to me it is a image from of an IR seeker of 2nd generation ATGM not Nag.The seeker of Nag ATGM can see the different temperatures in a tank & can attack the most appropriate location.
The image has/may be modified for public viewing.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Isn't there is a some other video in which NAG is hunting moving Tank.
I haven't seen any videos of Nag hitting a moving target nor could find any :s

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
check the you tube you will find one where nag it the target tank from the top

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
i am more interested in seeking Nag being tested on moving target.

K Factor

A Concerned Indian
In modern warfare espically in urban combat were troops are scatered u need to be equiped and prepared for everything.
Why would you have a tank-killer in an urban environment.

K Factor

A Concerned Indian
The image has/may be modified for public viewing.
Looks like it.
The tank seems quite near, and the Nag uses a top attack mode, hence at this distance, the image should be from more above the tank than it is.

K Factor

A Concerned Indian
I haven't seen any videos of Nag hitting a moving target nor could find any :s
YEs, it sounds difficult as well. Does India have tank drones for target practice (simulated/remotely operated moving targets)? Cos I wouldn't want to be in the tank when Nag hits. :D

IBRIS

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Nag (anti-tank missile) : completes final validation test

Anti-tank Nag missile test fired by army

Y. Mallikarjun

HYDERABAD: The hit-to-kill capability of the third generation anti-tank Nag missile was proved once again with the Army, successfully completing the second phase of final user trials in Rajasthan and paving the way for early induction of the system. While extensive transportation trials were carried out on July 31 and August 1, three missiles were fired on August 2 against fixed and moving targets by the Army team. Based on the feedback provided by the Army following previous user trials, the system was made more rugged to suit its requirements.

Defence Research and Development Organisation officials said here on Tuesday that the missile “conclusively established” its K-Kill efficacy (capability to kill) as a stationary derelict tank was heavily damaged in each of the two trials carried out against fixed targets. Potent tandem warheads pierced through the armoury of the tanks and proved their lethality. The third trial was conducted against a moving rail-based target which was developed by the Army. All the trials were of shorter range, varying from 800 metres to 1400 metres, as desired by the user. The production of the all-weather system with fire-and-forget capability was expected to begin soon by Bharat Dynamics Limited.

The Hindu : National : Anti-tank Nag missile test fired by army

mig-29

Now the Indian army needs to fast track the operational clearance and impetus should be given to the speedy development of HELINA.

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
Anti-tank Nag missile undergoes anothe successful round of tests

Anti-tank Nag missile undergoes another successful round of tests

The Indian Army has successfully completed the second phase of the final user trials of the third generation anti-tank Nag missile, proving its hit-to-kill capability. The tests are being carried out in the firing ranges of the Rajasthan desert.

According to defence scientists, the missile first underwent extensive transportation trials on 31 July and 1 August, after which three missiles were fired on 2 August against fixed and moving targets. Based on the feedback provided by the Army from previous user trials, the system had been further ruggedized.

Officials said these recent tests have paved the way for early induction of the system.

Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) officials said Tuesday that the missile ''conclusively established'' its K-Kill efficacy (capability to kill) as a stationary derelict tank was heavily damaged in each of the two trials carried out against fixed targets.

The missile's potent tandem warheads pierced through the armoury of the tanks and proved their lethality. The third trial was conducted against a moving rail-based target which was developed by the Army.

All the trials were of shorter range, varying from 800 to 1400 metres, as desired by the user.
domain-b.com : Anti-tank Nag missile undergoes another successful round of tests

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles