Mosque at Ground Zero? Plan angers NY

ahmedsid

Top Gun
This thread is about Mosque at ground zero is'nt it .
Where is it going
Some believe that if a Mosque Needs to be built in New York, the Middle East has to be dissected and their population analysed and their friday sermons memorized!

SHASH2K2

Some believe that if a Mosque Needs to be built in New York, the Middle East has to be dissected and their population analysed and their friday sermons memorized!
I feel problem is from both sides. you cannot clap from a single hand. no one is willing to change his believe and point of view. Rigidity should not be there while dealing with sensitive issue .

ahmedsid

Top Gun
I feel problem is from both sides. you cannot clap from a single hand. no one is willing to change his believe and point of view. Rigidity should not be there while dealing with sensitive issue .
Yes! I know! I agree that building a Mosque will be a Huge PR Problem as the Right Wingers will use this opportunity to trump up emotions against the Muslim Community. But I also feel that, the USA as the Self Proclaimed Beacon of Religious Tolerance, allow the Center to be Built, because it gives everyone the Right to Worship!!

Every couple of Months we read American papers citing the poor freedom of religion in India! Wont it be hypocricy, because I feel in India, there is a right to worship for Muslims! I didnt see anyone saying, that you cant build mosques in India, because Terror attacks are carried out by Muslims (supposedly- I dont consider them Muslims, no one in their right minds would believe, Terrorists believe truly in God).

SHASH2K2

In my opinion mosque is being built there to prove to americans that Muslims are not what they think and they are broad minded and very much American. I appreciate that motive . but problem is that same mosque will hurt sentiments of many specially those who lost loved one due to 9/11 . so its catch 22 situation.
I don't think Govt of America has anything to do with it .Infact land and permission is already granted . I don't think that location is a big problem for mosque. It can be relocated to any other place.
If mosque is built despite protect that's something which will have complete opposite impact on psyche of American public. Anyways we are not party to this issue its problem or American Citizens. why are we burning our calories. Similarly USA has not authority to Preach religious freedom to India. Indian public is more sensible than them.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
In my opinion mosque is being built there to prove to americans that Muslims are not what they think and they are broad minded and very much American.
If that's really so (that they're broad-minded and very much American), they will build the Mosque elsewhere respecting public sentiment.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
If that's really so (that they're broad-minded and very much American), they will build the Mosque elsewhere respecting public sentiment.
They too are the Public, and there are Americans Championing this cause! So, why does no one respect their sentiments? Is the Road to Sentiments One way??

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
They too are the Public, and there are Americans Championing this cause! So, why does no one respect their sentiments? Is the Road to Sentiments One way??
Because it's not that those against the Mosque want a Church built there.

Last edited:

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
I am pretty sure that is the question many Americans are asking. ;)

Why do these guys demand a different treatment when they are minority and offer a completely different treatment when they are in majority!

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Because it's not that those against the Mosque want a Church built there.

And it's ludicrous to compare the sentiments of 3000 families (who lost someone to 9/11) and that of pretty much an entire nation, to those of a particular community.
And out of that 3000, there were many muslims too!!!

Its just that when you said that Muslims must respect the communities sentiments, that I retorted that they too are a part of the community and they too have lost their loved ones on 911.

Did any of the people wanting to set up Cordoba House have anything to with 911? Did any of the Muslims there in NY have anything to do with 911?? Why are they being bracketed and their Place of Worship being looked at as a Terrorists Abode???

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
And out of that 3000, there were many muslims too!!!

Its just that when you said that Muslims must respect the communities sentiments, that I retorted that they too are a part of the community and they too have lost their loved ones on 911.

Did any of the people wanting to set up Cordoba House have anything to with 911? Did any of the Muslims there in NY have anything to do with 911?? Why are they being bracketed and their Place of Worship being looked at as a Terrorists Abode???
Why don't you reply to my central point instead of selectively replying the side-point (which wasn't my central point and was edited)?

My central point was "Because it's not that those against the Mosque want a Church built there."

And that's how it is. Those protesting the Mosque don't want any religious structure there. Christians, Jews, Muslims, and Hindus. People of all faiths died there, and building a grand mosque there would be not only unethical, it will incite communal disharmony and prejudice.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
I am pretty sure that is the question many Americans are asking. ;)

Why do these guys demand a different treatment when they are minority and offer a completely different treatment when they are in majority!
Its not the game of Majority or Minority, You have to understand that. And you wont know how they will treat the others when in Majority, until they are a Majority. Dont look at all the Muslims with the same eye piece as you look down at the Talibs.

I am supporting the Building of the Cordoba, because people are equating the Whole of Islam with the Terrorists who did the Attack!

Nazi Germany was basically Christian, why are they not blaming the whole of the Christian World for the Holocaust? Why blame the Whole Muslim Community in America by saying the Cordoba Center will be hurt the Sentiments of the affected families? How about the Nearly 100 Muslim Families who lost their loved ones on 9/11???

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Why don't you reply to my central point instead of selectively replying the side-point (which wasn't my central point and was edited)?

My central point was "Because it's not that those against the Mosque want a Church built there."

And that's how it is. Those protesting the Mosque don't want any religious structure there. Christians, Jews, Muslims, and Hindus. People of all faiths died there, and building a grand mosque there would be not only unethical, it will incite communal disharmony and prejudice.
Grand Mosque? Dude your whole argument fell across when you said that! The Cordoba Center houses a praying quarters on one floor out of the 13 or so, the rest is for anyone! It includes an Interfaith harmony set up too! It houses a Gym, Pool, Performing Arts Center and more!

Last edited:

SHASH2K2

Grand Mosque? Dude your whole argument fell across when you said that! The Cordoba Center houses a praying quarters on one floor out of the 13 or so, the rest is for anyone! It includes an Interfaith harmony set up too!
But it will still be a Grand Modern age mosque. why not make a memorial thats non religious ?

ahmedsid

Top Gun
And Tarun, its because, The ones Against Building the Center, is Equating the Muslim praying space as a Monument To terrorism, That I am opposing them!!!

ahmedsid

Top Gun
But it will still be a Grand Modern age mosque. why not make a memorial thats non religious ?
Its Secular! It houses a Perfoming Arts Section, A Gym, Pool and much more that can be used by all!!! The Praying Space is just a floor or so out of the 13 Storeys! The Rest is secular in Nature!!! If you still call it a Modern day Grand Mosque, i dont know! I just dont think so it is!

SHASH2K2

Its not the game of Majority or Minority, You have to understand that. And you wont know how they will treat the others when in Majority, until they are a Majority. Dont look at all the Muslims with the same eye piece as you look down at the Talibs.

I am supporting the Building of the Cordoba, because people are equating the Whole of Islam with the Terrorists who did the Attack!

Nazi Germany was basically Christian, why are they not blaming the whole of the Christian World for the Holocaust? Why blame the Whole Muslim Community in America by saying the Cordoba Center will be hurt the Sentiments of the affected families? How about the Nearly 100 Muslim Families who lost their loved ones on 9/11???
well you have counted germany as mainly christian dominated country. compared to that how many country are pure Muslim country where other religions donot have same degree of freedom. Think in terms of percentage you will have faaaaar more Muslim countries which are Islamic country with little or no freedom for other religions. I know its OT but couldn't resist answering this .

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Grand Mosque? Dude your whole argument fell across when you said that! The Cordoba Center houses a praying quarters on one floor out of the 13 or so, the rest is for anyone! It includes an Interfaith harmony set up too!
The Cordoba Center is a mosque, with some interfaith harmony setup, but it's a mosque at the end of the day.

Back in my days in Adilabad I would often visit Nanded and its iconic Gurudwara that receives people of all faiths. I would feast at its Langar, yet at the end of the day, it's a Gurudwara.

Now you're going to say "doesn't Nanded's Gurudwara promote religious harmony?" Well, yes, but then it wasn't built on the site of a terrorist attack in which 1000s died, to which people attach sentiments.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
The Cordoba Center is a mosque, with some interfaith harmony setup, but it's a mosque at the end of the day.

Back in my days in Adilabad I would often visit Nanded and its iconic Gurudwara that receives people of all faiths. I would feast at its Langar, yet at the end of the day, it's a Gurudwara.

Now you're going to say "doesn't Nanded's Gurudwara promote religious harmony?" Well, yes, but then it wasn't built on the site of a terrorist attack in which 1000s died, to which people attach sentiments.
I dont understand where you are coming from! I mean, you are floating off. What Wrong did the Muslims in NY Do, that they are being seen as followers of Terrorists??

Does the Gurudwara hold a performning arts center, or a gym or a pool or anything of that sort?? Why See the Cordoba center as a Terrorists abode, which will hurt the sentiments of those Killed? Did the people behind this execute 911 attack? What about the 100 or so Muslim Families who lost their loved ones on 911?? Are they terrorists too? You got to answer this Like I answered you!

ahmedsid

Top Gun
well you have counted germany as mainly christian dominated country. compared to that how many country are pure Muslim country where other religions donot have same degree of freedom. Think in terms of percentage you will have faaaaar more Muslim countries which are Islamic country with little or no freedom for other religions. I know its OT but couldn't resist answering this .
Its Off topic, But the Jews were Safer in Baghdad than in Europe long back!

And Which Muslim Country are you telling that doesnt let people from other religions build their Temples or Churches? You can barely count them on in one hand!

ahmedsid

Top Gun
I have seen Office Buildings house areas for prayers. So, tell me, Will this make them Mosques?

The Cordoba House Aims at letting the Rest of America Know that, Islam is not about Guns and Bullet and Jihad! Thats why they are including the Performing Arts Center, The Gym, The Pool and other amenities! It holds a floor as a Praying Space, since its a venture supported by a Muslim Org. Dont you think they have the right for it?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles