Modernisation of Indian Army Infantry

Harbinger

कसाई
@Unknowncommando 2 this is the typical polymer furniture set, you can swap out the wooden furniture on any ak and voila it'll look identical to the arsenal AKs. Best way to identify an arsenal AK is, their receivers are bulky than other ak receivers and have a chrome finish (hardly visible but a stark difference) what I've personally noticed is, the serial number on the muzzle brake, matches the two digit number on dust cover. And it also says "" made in Bulgaria by arsenal (in Cyrillic letters) and "AR-M1" on its receiver. I hope it helped
images - 2021-01-07T204504.049.jpeg

Harbinger

कसाई
With army yes, some units of police are equipped with
Are these OFB made versions of AKs like AK-7?
TAR rifles too which are almost identical to arsenal AKs minus the gas tube shape and pistol grip pattern on side folding variant. Indian made TAR rifles also lack the cleaning rod underneath the barrel but a friend of mine was issued with that rifle last year and i did see a cleaning rod.

Unknownwarrior

Country flag
There was a RFI issued in 2018 for modern Plate carriers.... From 2020 we are getting to see MKU instavest with the soldiers.... I hope so those vests were brought after the RFI was issued.... This come Infantry Combat Kitn of Indian Army.... I would be happy if more of these vests are ordered..
Screenshot_20210108-182934~2.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-11 at 8.52.09 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-11 at 8.52.21 AM.png

These Are the vests I am talking about.... Instavest Of MKU..... Seen with various troops in kashmir...
20191108_122818.jpg

20201030_124318.jpg

20210108_013317.jpg

There are more photos of these vest.... Would post if anyone would ask.... And there vest are of also of the sand color which would be compatible with our new uniforms.... Also SMPP BPJs which were ordered are not seen very much in the public... What I think is that they might be visible after the update of uniform because the Camo used for these vest was similar to that of our new uniforms and most of the tv reporter who checked the vest were found wearing vest of.this camo only... It can be a possibility...
EguPFVwUcAAAzjS.jpg

The camo of BPJ and new uniforms looks similar to an extent and the quality of these vests is also good as compared to that of other camo...
Dae0DP5W4AAvcR9~2.jpg

Screenshot_20210109-001118.png

These are the mku vest I was talking bout... Not much of them are seen in service though they are and also the RFI was issued... May silently appear after unifrom upgrade... All of these along with new MKU helmet with cover of new Uniform camo would give the standard look to an Infantry jawan in future.... Pls correct me if I am wrong and this is just an calculated assumption by me....

Unknownwarrior

Country flag
In case of para SF.. I think they are going for a greener camo which was seen in many of their qtr zipped Tshirts.... For example this:-
Para-SF Multicam QZCT.jpg

I have other pics too of a greener multicam qrt zipped Tshirts...
Alot with these following plate carriers would be used along with a green colour Exfil high Cut Helmet visible with CRPF qrt on Unity Day parade.... First the vest
Screenshot_20210109-004156~2.png

PicsArt_09-21-08.26.18.jpg

I have more pics of para operator with these vest but their usage is limited, which I think is due to mismatch with the camo...These might be the vest which might be their standard one.... When fully loaded and arranged it would look like this most probably...
6752fa373fc01207681885de6b1ff0fd-3.jpg

Along with that a helmet of greener colour would be used which is currently present with crpf qrt....
20210107_135718.jpg

I hope these would be the load out equipment of para in future..... Now the main need is comtacs along with NVGs.... AFSOD would have tacticool gear like that of Western SFs as some of that gear was visible with para but was not widely used as that didn't provide much protection as compared to these vests.... I would make a post on those gears too and future of afsod... Meanwhile this Is what I think would be future of Para.... Correct me If I am wrong as I am new to this forum... I request all the senior members to please give their views on my current and previous post o standard gear of IA.... Jai hind

Harbinger

कसाई
There was a RFI issued in 2018 for modern Plate carriers.... From 2020 we are getting to see MKU instavest with the soldiers.... I hope so those vests were brought after the RFI was issued.... This come Infantry Combat Kitn of Indian Army.... I would be happy if more of these vests are ordered..View attachment 73123
View attachment 73125
View attachment 73124
These Are the vests I am talking about.... Instavest Of MKU..... Seen with various troops in kashmir...
View attachment 73126
View attachment 73127
View attachment 73128
There are more photos of these vest.... Would post if anyone would ask.... And there vest are of also of the sand color which would be compatible with our new uniforms.... Also SMPP BPJs which were ordered are not seen very much in the public... What I think is that they might be visible after the update of uniform because the Camo used for these vest was similar to that of our new uniforms and most of the tv reporter who checked the vest were found wearing vest of.this camo only... It can be a possibility...View attachment 73129
The camo of BPJ and new uniforms looks similar to an extent and the quality of these vests is also good as compared to that of other camo...
View attachment 73130
View attachment 73131
These are the mku vest I was talking bout... Not much of them are seen in service though they are and also the RFI was issued... May silently appear after unifrom upgrade... All of these along with new MKU helmet with cover of new Uniform camo would give the standard look to an Infantry jawan in future.... Pls correct me if I am wrong and this is just an calculated assumption by me....
The second last vest's camo, isn't it Operational Camouflage Pattern newly adopted by US Army?

Sunny-das

Country flag

Killbot

Country flag

Any New update about this News??
Deliveries start this month, last I heard. They may be delayed by a month or two due to covid, but we'll have the first batch by March, for sure.

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
Is this the RR, or regular army? Anyway looks like the third picture has a ghatak with the holo sight on backwards! Not going to hit much with the sight on wrong!
The Sight is not on Backwards. The Soldier put sight on the Gun the right way. If you are talking about Reflex Sight then you could say it’s backward but it’s not Reflex it’s Holo Sight.

This is how EoTech Holo Sight would look like on a gun if you properly put it on. This is just a Example

1610471978137.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles