Military Objective Achieved: China India agree to disengage

Indian Sniper.001

Country flag
It is high time we realize the value of perception management. R&AW, IA, GoI all have perception/propaganda management cells, but none utilize it as we know of. To be frank, even ISI utilizes media to boast of non-existent victories or achieved failures. It is one of the major requisite to be a super-power.
Take the below case for example, the media has already downplayed India, and how many average/ordinary people would know that it was India that won the stand-off and it was Cheena that backed off?

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Art of Diplomacy is not in commission but in omission.

Your fears are unfounded because Indian bureaucrats can handle any question and can say what is needful.
It's not the bureaucracy I am worried about, it's those in Indian media who put a spin to the statements given.

Last week was a good example of how spin doctors worked on triple talaq and right to privacy judgments in the initial hours.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
now let them talk nonsense that india withdrew
India shouldn't have withdrawn. This plateau should have been dug in and manned like Siachin, same I have been begging to do at DBO. But again that thought process of not making two bonafide enemies in the same arc plays here. May be Bhutan angle could have played a role.

I think we can afford and should be gentlemanly about this ....after all we do want good relationship with china ...so lets instead congratulate them for seeing reason even if it took them quite a long time !!!
yeah like i said above, ....let them bark
but ......

after brics i think they will try some new tricks

we can see from their gov statements that they are unrepentatn liars .... so the next time they come around saying and talking about friendship , we all knw what its worth :bs::bs::bs:
Strategic comunity knows india won .... no need for us to boast ... just win quietly
Your confusions and contradictions will get us all killed.

The world is a hard place to live. Only the fittest survive.

hit&run

Mod
It's not the bureaucracy I am worried about, it's those in Indian media who put a spin to the statements given.

Last week was a good example of how spin doctors worked on triple talaq and right to privacy judgments in the initial hours.
That is exactly they should be made available all the time.

When a narrative is twisted, a question then again can be planted to straighten it back.

hit&run

Mod
When was the last time British ..BC wrote anything in favour of India.

Look at the Title. Neither Global Times nor Chinese official have been quoted by anyone or have said that they are victorious.

This is coming straight form British BC's Porki Desk.

hit&run

Mod

square

Strategic Issues
we would have hand over the forward post
to butanese royal army and stationed ourself at a distance....
this mutual withdraw only gave time to chinese to prepare better.....

hit&run

Mod
we would have hand over the forward post
to butanese royal army and stationed ourself at a distance....
this mutual withdraw only gave time to chinese to prepare better.....
Chinese will come back for sure. They infiltrated because they saw its potentials. Like @mayfair mentioned they are trying to broaden the approach to tri junction point.

Indian army reacted fast the Chinese lost the surprise factor and since its a climb they would required 7-9 ration against 1 Indian. Not to mention we had already dug in there for long haul. They lost it militarily way back that is why they tried to won it by rhetoric and propaganda. Last but not least only Indians know how to climb up hill and assault the enemy bulwarks and win the peaks back.

indus

Living in Post Truth
Country flag

War is coming. We have only postponed it, not avoided it.
No problem. The more war is postponed the more prepared Indian Govt becomes. Border infra is being improved, ULH and chinooks come online and our ssn numbers also increase. Plus A5with mirv comes online and China will be well taken care off. Now banging Pak can resume with more intensity.

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
No problem. The more war is postponed the more prepared Indian Govt becomes. Border infra is being improved, ULH and chinooks come online and our ssn numbers also increase. Plus A5with mirv comes online and China will be well taken care off. Now banging Pak can resume with more intensity.
I agree. I was just getting annoyed with all the people saying shit like "there can be no war between India and China, China will lose money, both sides will get hurt, so there will be no war". Utter nonsense. China seeks to prove beyond any doubt that it is the sole hegemon in the region, and with a strong and confident India next to it, that is not possible. They will bide their time, build up their strength, and search for the best opportunity to attack, with the goal of proving to the world and their own citizens that we are nothing in front of them. For those who want peace at all costs, the cost is for us to completely prostrate in front of emperor Xi and become a vassal state similar to pakistan.

If we stay strong, don't allow them to chip away at our territory, cooperate with other ASEAN countries + Japan, grow closer to the U.S, all the while growing faster than them economically without participating in their OBOR fraud, then war is inevitable. Either they will start it themselves, or they will provoke us to such an extent that we have no option but to declare war. I don't know when this war will come, maybe 3 years, maybe 15 years. But it's coming. As you said, it's best we be prepared. We need to start modernizing our military at a much faster pace than what we're doing, and we need SERIOUS cyber warfare capabilities, and we need to start media manipulation the way the Chinese are doing.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
India shouldn't have withdrawn. This plateau should have been dug in and manned like Siachin, same I have been begging to do at DBO. But again that thought process of not making two bonafide enemies in the same arc plays here. May be Bhutan angle could have played a role.
Your confusions and contradictions will get us all killed.

The world is a hard place to live. Only the fittest survive.
confusion ??
what i said is we let them have some face ...i.e. since they withdrew , we congratulate them for that
if they stayed on, so would we
if they withdrw , we "reward" them by letting them save their face
where's the contradiction ?
its what shushma had suggested some time back and so they gave us what we wanted ....so why not just give them a small pat on the head ? in this instance ?

i do agree with you btw that we shd have dug in ..... but that would have unnecessarily prolonged this matter .... i believe we are certainly observing from a safe distance near enough to react fast if necessary ....so where's the problem ? ...will they provoke again ...i think they will and we shd be prepared fr it , but for now , give them a pat on the head ? do you find that contradictory ??

i saw the same thing in arunachal where in the winter both sides wirthdraw, and then the next year we find cpcprc are encraoching ....i dont know if that problem has been solved

Global Defence

New threads

Articles