Military Objective Achieved: China India agree to disengage

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Latest Chinese Twist: Diplomatic resolution of Doklam face-off shows China's sincerity & attitude in maintaining peace & stability as a responsible big country.

After warnings and cheep comments ^^^:pound::rofl:

mahesh

Country flag
now we all are forgetting bhutan here. The clear victory comes to india when Bhutan will side with India after this, in the years to come. we have to see the reactions bursting from Bhutan as they maintained serious silence on this issue.
china might even buy out some support but bhutan claims and comments clearly "holds water" for india.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
What is China's official statement by the way?

hit&run

now we all are forgetting bhutan here. The clear victory comes to india when Bhutan will side with India after this, in the years to come. we have to see the reactions bursting from Bhutan as they maintained serious silence on this issue.
china might even buy out some support but bhutan claims and comments clearly "holds water" for india.
Bhutan will become India's 8th sister then.

Swarnendu

What is China's official statement by the way?
http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1063463.shtml

The Chinese foreign ministry confirmed Monday that India has removed its trespassing troops from China's territory on the Doklam Plateau.

"On the afternoon of August 28, the Indian side has pulled back all the trespassing personnel and equipment to the Indian side of the boundary and the Chinese personnel on the ground has verified this. China will continue to exercise its sovereignty and uphold its territorial integrity in accordance with historical conventions," Chinese foreign ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying said at Monday's daily regular press conference.

She said that since June 18, Indian troops illegally crossed the border and trespassed on Chinese territory in Doklam, and China has used multiple diplomatic channels to engage with India and also conducted effective military measures to safeguard its sovereignty and legal rights.

"The Chinese government highly values its friendly relationship with India. We hope India can fulfill the historic agreement on the border and safeguard the stability of the border area with China," Hua said.

Swarnendu

The Chinese foreign ministry confirmed Monday that India has removed its trespassing troops from China's territory on the Doklam Plateau.

"On the afternoon of August 28, the Indian side has pulled back all the trespassing personnel and equipment to the Indian side of the boundary and the Chinese personnel on the ground has verified this. China will continue to exercise its sovereignty and uphold its territorial integrity in accordance with historical conventions," Chinese foreign ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying said at Monday's daily regular press conference.

She said that since June 18, Indian troops illegally crossed the border and trespassed on Chinese territory in Doklam, and China has used multiple diplomatic channels to engage with India and also conducted effective military measures to safeguard its sovereignty and legal rights.

"The Chinese government highly values its friendly relationship with India. We hope India can fulfill the historic agreement on the border and safeguard the stability of the border area with China," Hua said.
That was too meek, coming from Global Times..

Well done IA & GOI

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag

We are loosing out on "narrative value" because of non-existent daily media briefing.

I myself not sure about pros and cons of having such a daily media briefing..

hit&run

We are loosing out on "narrative value" because of non-existent daily media briefing.

There has to be a daily or at least weekly media briefing by PMO where all other ministries can be called in.

Modi is running his government on communication front same like UPA did.

His allergy for media is justified but twitter alone can not suffice to paddle certain narratives.

They have capable spokespersons and bureaucrats. Also many pressstitutes who are ranting day and night and twisting the narrative can be made look like fools when confronted.

Just sending Sambit Patra alone to News Channels can not help, Congress-I used to send that moron called Sanjay Jha. What happened to Congress-I who was running its government from Media studios, we all know.

Modi will fail just relying on Twitter especially when he can not go to people like he did before elections.

hit&run

On your main point. Global Time has lost its credibility. What Chinese official says carry not weight. Last they said India has slapped its own face. Do we agree.

Although I believe they must be answered back, the same is the crux of my previous post, but why Indians need recognition from China is beyond my understanding, especially when we know they are an empire founded on lies.

Kazah

As written in the press release, India stated that diplomatic relations are very much intact between India and China and as a result of that it was agreed that the troops would disengage from the face-off site and it was already in motion.

According to reports the two month long stand-off was mutually agreed upon by India and China. It also claimed that India had conveyed to China via back channels that PM Modi may not travel to the BRICS summit in China if the Doklam issue was not resolved. This would have resulted in an embarrassment to China as according to BRICS charter, the summit cannot take place unless all the heads of the 5 member countries were attending.

Interestingly rather than taking India’s olive branch to felicitate normal relations, the Chinese foreign ministry claimed that they would continue to patrol the area. This led to some speculation as to whether India is in for an embarrassment due to the Chinese not backing off. They though acknowledged that China would make necessary adjustments and deployments as per the changes.

This thankfully was not true as according to various security analysts the main point of dispute was not border patrol but was China constructing a road in the region. This construction as a result was to stop which has reportedly been agreed to by China. The patrolling which is being used as a pivot by China to assert its victory was already reportedly happening before the dispute started. This revelation meant that there was no sort of unilateral withdrawal by India.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
There has to be a daily or at least weekly media briefing by PMO where all other ministries can be called in.

Modi is running his government on communication front same like UPA did.

His allergy for media is justified but twitter alone can not suffice to paddle certain narratives.

They have capable spokespersons and bureaucrats. Also many pressstitutes who are ranting day and night and twisting the narrative can be made look like fools when confronted.

Just sending Sambit Patra alone to News Channels can not help, Congress-I used to send that moron called Sanjay Jha. What happened to Congress-I who was running its government from Media studios, we all know.

Modi will fail just relying on Twitter especially when he can not go to people like he did before elections.
Flip side of having daily briefings, it allows for war of words and there by escalation(not just with china maybe other countries as well). There are enough of media houses which want to show current govt as a failure. recent "right to privacy" is a good example, initially they showed as if it was a setback to Govt. There are enough journos and "experts" who want to deliberately misinterpret Govt' statements.

Frankly I am yet to form an opinion on this..

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
arrow shows Doklam ( Trijunction) and circle shows Chinese road inside Indian territory. Doklam is higher area than surrounding. If they place their artillery there, then they can easily bring that Indian post near circle under control. This is why there is standoff.
Untitlyyyed.png

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Indians have been always playing with straight bat with China.
What happened in Doklam was a change as only Chinese were infiltrating for last 2 decades and encroaching. Even in Ladakh ITBP was punching them in their own territory.
approach before.
I don't know if it's relevant here but still here it goes. I bought a cheap photography equipment off ebay.com from China and asked it to be shipped off it here. This was early this month. The parcel reached Kolkata airport arround 18th and was stuck there ever since. Then suddenly on 25th the parcel saw prompt action from the Kolkata airport officials.
customs knew before the general population?
hahahahaha thanks for the laughs

India has to make its diplomacy more communicating and assertive now. Though we shouldn't talk like illiterate Chinese who are behaving like goons but the attitude has to change as Chinese will come back to bite again.
we already won diplomatically long time back ...... now let them talk nonsense that india withdrew

Thanks to Bhutan for trusting India!!!

As written in the press release, India stated that diplomatic relations are very much intact between India and China and as a result of that it was agreed that the troops would disengage from the face-off site and it was already in motion.
ia.
Flip side of having daily briefings, it allows for war of words and there by escalation(not just with china maybe other countries as well). There are enough of media houses which want to show curren this..

Chinese cowards were given face saver as BRICS is coming.
They wanted to build road, now back to status Quo, can only Patrol like before, same as Bhutanese Soldiers do.
i think we can afford and should be gentlemanly about this ....after all we do want good relationship with china ...so lets instead congratulate them for seeing reason even if it took them quite a long time !!!

yeah like i said above, ....let them bark
but ......

after brics i think they will try some new tricks

we can see from their gov statements that they are unrepentatn liars .... so the next time they come around saying and talking about friendship , we all knw what its worth :bs::bs::bs:

Apparently, Bharat Karnad thinks that the battle of perception has been lost to China. Now, I am not a big fan of Mr. Karnad and disagree with him more than I agree. But this time, I think he is making sense. What do you guys think ?

https://bharatkarnad.com/2017/08/28/losing-the-perception-war-at-dok-la
wirld deosnt know , world doesn care has other prpobles to look at t

strategic comunity knows india won .... no need for us to boast ... just win quietly

Last edited:

hit&run

Flip side of having daily briefings, it allows for war of words and there by escalation(not just with china maybe other countries as well). There are enough of media houses which want to show current govt as a failure. recent "right to privacy" is a good example, initially they showed as if it was a setback to Govt. There are enough journos and "experts" who want to deliberately misinterpret Govt' statements.

Frankly I am yet to form an opinion on this..
Art of Diplomacy is not in commission but in omission.

Your fears are unfounded because Indian bureaucrats can handle any question and can say what is needful.

hit&run

Apparently, Bharat Karnad thinks that the battle of perception has been lost to China. Now, I am not a big fan of Mr. Karnad and disagree with him more than I agree. But this time, I think he is making sense. What do you guys think ?

https://bharatkarnad.com/2017/08/28/losing-the-perception-war-at-dok-la
He is an asshole. His whole premise falls flat on his own shit when he shows his ignorance of not knowing that all disputed territories have Patrol by both the sides up to their own perception of the boundaries.

Articles