Marvel Comics Introduces Muslim Superhero

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Marvel Comics latest minority superhero is a teenaged Muslim-American girl of Pakistani descent who will take on the currently unused Ms. Marvel persona.

The teen will be named Kamala Kahn, a Muslim girl going to high school and growing up in Jersey City, New Jersey.

For the last few years the comics giant has been engaged in an effort to introduce "diversity" into a comics universe historically dominated by white, male superhero characters. Marvel has been floating all sorts of new minority superheroes into the comic book market in the hopes that one or more will stick with readers.
Marvel Comics Introduces Muslim Superhero

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
The teen will be named Kamala Kahn, a Muslim girl going to high school and growing up in Jersey City, New Jersey.
Didn't trackwhack live in Jersey City until recently?

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
First, :rofl:
Second, what is she gonna enforce: the Shariah laws :lol:
And Finally, Kahn is a German Surname. :frusty:
@pmaitra: Oliver Kahn :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:

Free Karma

I thought Kamala was more hindu than muslim, I've atleast never heard of a muslim with the name kamala,

Perhaps they were aiming for a south asian audience, hence the mix of names?

kseeker

Retired
I thought Kamala was more hindu than muslim, I've atleast never heard of a muslim with the name kamala,
Correct !

Kamala is a common Hindu name, usually meaning Nelumbo nucifera, the lotus. Variants include Kamal and Kamla. It is unrelated to the similar sounding name of Arabic origin meaning perfection or integrity usually spelled Kamal in English but spelled Kemal in Turkish, which appears as the middle name of Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, first president of modern Turkey.

Rangeela Chacha's wife name was Kamala ! Kamala Nehru

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles