LOC, LAC & IB warfare

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmaitra

that photo is different >>

photo posted by Him >>

2nd Photo is fake ................can You see the Difference ??

source >> http://www.indiatimes.com/news/indi...t-night-and-they-are-breathtaking-275525.html
If one of them is true, it is quite likely the other one is also true. The variations could be for many reason, such as, but not limited to, (1) them having being taken at different times, (2) image enhancing algorithms were used, such a logarithmic transforms, and many other reasons.

Whether the images are real or fake, the question is, is it true that the international border is well lit up? Let's focus on that.

indiatester

Country flag

Krusty

Country flag
that photo is different >>

photo posted by @Mikesingh >>

2nd Photo is fake ................can You see the Difference ??

source >> http://www.indiatimes.com/news/indi...t-night-and-they-are-breathtaking-275525.html
I believe both are real. First one was taken around 2012 and the one below, taken much later. Nonetheless both are legit. Both were released by NASA themselves. It only goes to show the development made by India. And also the improvements made by NASA with their imaging systems.

Last edited:

mayfair

Mods going off topic?

What has the world and DFI come to? :biggrin2:

Krusty

Country flag
Mods going off topic?

Staying strictly on topic defeats the purpose of getting to explore the topic in It's entirety. I think the best way is to have 'sub posts' that remain collapsed (everyone can still click to expand the sub posts if they feel they want to) to have a 'sub' discussion whereas the folks sticking to the main topic can post as usual which will be displayed at all times. I don't know, just a thought.

P.S: I know for sure @Bornubus wont like this tangent

@pmaitra please delete this post once you have read it.

Willy2

ppl confuses between Indo-pak border light with Pakistani light in Indus river valley zone. Pakistani population concentrated in those area and many big cities are there .
iss045e027869.jpg

This is more clear image of lighting along IB/LOC

pmaitra

Mods going off topic?

Please read the thread title. That "IB" stands for "International Border."

Staying strictly on topic defeats the purpose of getting to explore the topic in It's entirety. I think the best way is to have 'sub posts' that remain collapsed (everyone can still click to expand the sub posts if they feel they want to) to have a 'sub' discussion whereas the folks sticking to the main topic can post as usual which will be displayed at all times. I don't know, just a thought.

P.S: I know for sure @Bornubus wont like this tangent

@pmaitra please delete this post once you have read it.
No need to delete. These satellite pictures are on topic.

Willy2

@Mikesingh ji , few page earlier u said that like LOC , LAC is't well define ...members can u explain this mess in Demchok sector ????
demqog.png
demqog 2.png

In red boundary within our official boundary in Demchok sector is Chinese claimed area , but there is a town/village Denchok which is Indian , so i thought that possibly Chinese don't occupy it in 1962 ,
But later findout that Demchok establish by refugees of Indian town "Demqog" which was occupied by China in 62 war , and still under there control .
Also looking closely just across the Indus river against Demchok a road is visible which is non-pavement road(Blue lines) just like a similar road passes through official territorial border to chinese occupied Demqog .(2nd photo)
In Demqog , there is an official Indo-China trade post , a paved road(Green) also visible out there which crosses IB , so it's possibly that road...
So from these I have an conclusion that Indus river is actual boundry between us , but then just left bank of Indus we have an air-station(Black circle) . Is army use that air-station ,which is paddle-throwing distance away from de-fecto boundary ????
Also as Demqog under chinese occupations , are those ridges marked in different colour in 2nd photo are under our control ????

pmaitra

Please be careful when posting maps. I have deleted one post yesterday. Do not post maps that show portions of J&K as part of some other country. This is especially true for people posting from outside of India, where Google Maps or Bing Maps may not depict a map compatible with the position of GoI.

Willy2

@pmaitra sir, I am sorry , but it's actually from google earth I download , so thats why it don't follow govt rule..
But as It's just as small portion of Map , not whole J&K , along with my question related to the possession of ridge and town along the border ,I think u forgive me this time....I will takecare of this from now

pmaitra

@pmaitra sir, I am sorry , but it's actually from google earth I download , so thats why it don't follow govt rule..
But as It's just as small portion of Map , not whole J&K , along with my question related to the possession of ridge and town along the border ,I think u forgive me this time....I will takecare of this from now
I was debating on this one. This is fine I think. Please carry on.

pmaitra

And warfare stands for ...well warfare :biggrin2:
Not sure what your point is mate. Even during World War II, searchlights were used to illuminate barbed-wire fences. I would argue it is part of warfare. Now, we could debate on whether we should get rid of searchlights and issue NVG to the BSF personnel.

mayfair

I meant the discussion on lights in India vis-a-vis Pakistan.

Anyway, I agree with you that border lights are important from security, patrolling and survey point of view.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Talking of lights at the border especially Bangladesh border, during Monsoon rainy season the lights attract lot of kede mokode & patunge that's why BSF troops are provided with special clothing and net mask for their faces.

Of course such gear don't prevent the troops from hideous Bangladeshi STINK

ensored.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles