LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Raj Malhotra

Country flag
I think IAF brass is soon going to realise that Govt is not going to import MRCA (my guess) That will force IAF to live with LCA. IAF as last ditch effort might be trying to do Dhanush, Nag, ATAGS maneuvred on LCA MKIA, to help MRCA imports

I think after 83 LCA MKIA, another order for 97 LCA MKIB might also come soon. (My hope)

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
I think IAF brass is soon going to realise that Govt is not going to import MRCA (my guess) That will force IAF to live with LCA. IAF as last ditch effort might be trying to do Dhanush, Nag, ATAGS maneuvred on LCA MKIA, to help MRCA imports

I think after 83 LCA MKIA, another order for 97 LCA MKIB might also come soon. (My hope)
i also think thats highly probable but iaf is pushing it heavily (way more than army dhanush,nag,atags) and we can get a good deal cause the manufacturif facility in india may make for foreign buyers too

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Iaf demanded some additional requirements which will take atleast 4 month upto delivery of 1st Tejas mk1A.
Perks of having your own systems you can do whatever you want and add changes as long as you are happy with timeline that's why we want Atmanirbhar Bharat and before people on reddit start crying about another delay
Changes = delay
And IAF completely understands the delay

MirageBlue

Country flag
I think it's "airflow increased for certain angles while turning".
During routine flights engine will perform as usual.
Airflow increased to aid in pressure recovery during slow speeds. Adopted from the Naval LCA.

MirageBlue

Country flag
Not all f16 have them. Slovaks did costs saving
View attachment 245954View attachment 245955
Slovaks didn't get to choose whether the F-16V had a pitot probe or not. That is the STANDARD configuration on ALL F-16Vs. Which makes it obvious that if it were that big of a deal and leading to that much signal loss or interference, it would've been removed as it was on F-16 Blk 60 for the UAE. The fact that it is retained on the more modern F-16 Block 70 (aka V) means it is not a real issue and can be addressed with other techniques.

Greek F-16V

Bahraini F-16V

Taiwanese F-16V

MirageBlue

Country flag

3 months delay in delivery
Iaf has asked some changes wrt design recently and certification still pending
Small but major European parts haven't arrived yet due to rus-ukr war
Hardly anything major. the IAF has asked for the changes, they'll be fine with the timelines associated with making those changes. No one else needs to worry.

shiphone

Country flag
all the LSPs weight 6.7-6.8 tons...so we don't think the first batch of SPs(so called IOC standard) would be 7-800 kgs heavier, and FOC won't be lighter... around 7 tons empty weight is very possible for all current MK1s

EpIafceVEAAQa0r.jpg

Narasimh

Country flag

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag

Pazhassiraja

Country flag
What is the max speed of Mark 1A and its 'g' limit? There was a recent newspaper article stating that its max speed is 1.6 Mach while that Mark 2 will be 1.8 Mach. But to my understanding, it was mentioned in this forum that the max speed has been raised to Mach 1.8 in Mark 1 FOC versions itself. So, can anyone give some insight into this?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles