LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

mamamia12

Some one tell me whether the deliveries of MK1A will be on time, there are some rumours that Americans aren't delivering F404 engines, if that's the case then i'm gonna quit defense news, its too depressing. Could a solution like able to fit two types of engines like GE Or Eurojet2000(Cause they did bid in Engine contest) had been implemented to prevent this kind of blackmailing.

spacemarine2023

Country flag
Some one tell me whether the deliveries of MK1A will be on time, there are some rumours that Americans aren't delivering F404 engines, if that's the case then i'm gonna quit defense news, its too depressing. Could a solution like able to fit two types of engines like GE Or Eurojet2000(Cause they did bid in Engine contest) had been implemented to prevent this kind of blackmailing.
Eurojet GE share plenty of Turbo Fan components so if GE is showing India our aukad so will Eurojet.
Some thing big is boiling behind the scenes, let us hope everything is sorted out.
Currently we have no other alternative but to buy even more number of 404 to create strategic inventory.

SilentlAssassin265

Country flag
We already had 75 engines out of which 10-12 engines will be remaining.
So the delivery of initial batch should be unaffected

SilentlAssassin265

Country flag
Eurojet GE share plenty of Turbo Fan components so if GE is showing India our aukad so will Eurojet.
Some thing big is boiling behind the scenes, let us hope everything is sorted out.
Currently we have no other alternative but to buy even more number of 404 to create strategic inventory.
US may not delivere engines at all as they did with turkey for f16.
We may have to cannibalize engine from tejas prototypes

spacemarine2023

Country flag
US may not delivere engines at all as they did with turkey for f16.
We may have to cannibalize engine from tejas prototypes
I dont think that is the policy deep state will take for now, India overall for next 3 decades require almost 1500-2000 Military Jet engines from US(Tejas MK1,1A,2, Teddy, AMCA MK1)
This is pretty huge for any corporation, this might be similar to a specific department putting a shadow ban(2020-2023 mid) on Indian Visas to US, the India hating honchos were removed and Visa now are getting issued early.
GE has signed a contract and are legally required to honour it, Turkey case was completely different.
This might be just pressing few soft buttons on India.
Unlike people saying here issue might be at GE side which definitely is not the case, I believe this is just deep state wanting to show India requires US more than vice-versa.
I saw a handle which has put news Germans has denied diesel tank engines for Zoravar due to chinese pressure.
Jet Engine I understand is difficult for India but a 1000 BHP Tank engine either Tata or Mahindra can create a prototype with in couple of years and finish the testing.

Indian military really require vision, or Indian Govt just put the vision in their throats, enough of this import lobby even sabotaging low end fruits like domestic tank engines.

BlackViking

Country flag
I dont think that is the policy deep state will take for now, India overall for next 3 decades require almost 1500-2000 Military Jet engines from US(Tejas MK1,1A,2, Teddy, AMCA MK1)
This is pretty huge for any corporation, this might be similar to a specific department putting a shadow ban(2020-2023 mid) on Indian Visas to US, the India hating honchos were removed and Visa now are getting issued early.
GE has signed a contract and are legally required to honour it, Turkey case was completely different.
This might be just pressing few soft buttons on India.
Unlike people saying here issue might be at GE side which definitely is not the case, I believe this is just deep state wanting to show India requires US more than vice-versa.
I saw a handle which has put news Germans has denied diesel tank engines for Zoravar due to chinese pressure.
Jet Engine I understand is difficult for India but a 1000 BHP Tank engine either Tata or Mahindra can create a prototype with in couple of years and finish the testing.

Indian military really require vision, or Indian Govt just put the vision in their throats, enough of this import lobby even sabotaging low end fruits like domestic tank engines.
Tank engine aren't low end fruits, they even import things as basic as flashlights from videsh.

standard snowball

Country flag
WRONG

Where does it say that GaN Uttam will be installed in Mk1A.

Btw Uttam 2 is 900 TRM module , it has no connection to GaN.
F_N3Ux8XAAA7BWB.jpeg

It literally says AAAU for Tejas mk1a with a picture of the newer GaN radar instead of the pic of older GaAs radar we saw in 2019 Aero India.
1700317638011.png

If mk1a was having GaAs Radar the said picture would have shown the above radar not the newer rectangular shaped GaN radar.

Officially there is no uttam mk2, we defence enthusiasts gave that name to the radar going on Tejas mk2.
So yeah my bad for calling this radar Uttam mk2

As far as I know Uttam mk1a (if you wanna call it that) with 912 GaN based TR Modules will go on Tejas mk1a

Uttam mk2 with 992 GaN based TR Modules will go on Tejas mk2

Last edited:

NutCracker

Country flag
View attachment 229451
It literally says AAAU for Tejas mk1a with a picture of the newer GaN radar instead of the pic of older GaAs radar we saw in 2019 Aero India.
View attachment 229452
If mk1a was having GaAs Radar the said picture would have shown the above radar not the newer rectangular shaped GaN radar.

Officially there is no uttam mk2, we defence enthusiasts gave that name to the radar going on Tejas mk2.

As far as I know Uttam mk1a (if you wanna call it that) with 912 GaN based TR Modules will go on Tejas mk1a

Do you even know what AAAU means ??
IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH GaN.

Stop peddling FAKE NEWS one after another.
Uttam Mk2 is literally 900+ GaAs variant.
Where do you think they installed additional 150 TRM. Yes that's how it became "rectangular".

Last edited:

johnj

View attachment 229451
View attachment 229452

1700318143413.png

and its scalable , means one with less t/r module & other having more trm

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles