LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
No one knows what exactly Pakis Operate. It is said that Pakistan Airforce operates 75 F-16s in active service, comprising 44 F-16AM/BM Block 15 MLU, 13 F-16A/B ADF and 18 F-16C/D Block 52+ variants. Anyways F-16 is more export oriented only now ,it's a really good option for countries like Taiwan etc which provide bang for the buck.
F16 is an outdated aicraft it took first flight 45 years ago its made up of aluminium alloy with very less carbon composite i dont know why indian media keeps hyping f16 as the most advanced fighter jet in the world
USAF itself doesnt want these aircrafts its cheap thats why its best selling there is no other reason

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Banned
F16 is an outdated aicraft it took first flight 45 years ago its made up of aluminium alloy with very less carbon composite i dont know why indian media keeps hyping f16 as the most advanced fighter jet in the world USAF itself doesnt want these aircrafts its cheap thats why its best selling there is no other reason
I would not term it as outdated, the newer block 70/72 are pretty Modern Which come with decent Radar and Weopon Package. I would consider F-16s from block 52 onwards to be more on the Modern side. F-16. The latest model is called F - 16 Viper Block 70 / 72 and it has some Technologies of F-35 and F-22 Integrated in it, and US Airforce won't necessarily buy more F-16s but rather use them for till maybe the 2040-50s at Most, after that the F-16 will start getting obsolete. As of now I would not consider the F-16 as an Outdated Aircraft. Maybe the older blocks maybe outdated but the newer ones? Uhm. Not so much.
1599693083930-b70-2.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
IZ3A9115.jpg

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I would not term it as outdated, the newer block 70/72 are pretty Modern Which come with decent Radar and Weopon Package. I would consider F-16s from block 52 onwards to be more on the Modern side. F-16. The latest model is called F - 16 Viper Block 70 / 72 and it has some Technologies of F-35 and F-22 Integrated in it, and US Airforce won't necessarily buy more F-16s but rather use them for till maybe the 2040-50s at Most, after that the F-16 will start getting obsolete. As of now I would not consider the F-16 as an Outdated Aircraft. Maybe the older blocks maybe outdated but the newer ones? Uhm. Not so much.
View attachment 130916
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
View attachment 130917
by that logic no aircraft is outdated because every aircraft gets upgraded with new systems and subsytems

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Banned
by that logic no aircraft is outdated because every aircraft gets upgraded with new systems and subsytems
I am not saying that it's not outdated what I am saying is that the older blocks are Which I would consider pretty much outdated. The newer ones are more modern and The F-16 will remain for quite some time and upto to the 2040s too. As of now ,it's only good for export to Airforces like Taiwan, Phillipines, Bangladesh etc.
16181_2.jpg

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I know most of them will say it bcoz of covid
But the point if something is strategically important, it should be pursued with iron will and no problem should come in its way
This is the state of hal and same applies for isro
For them if any problem comes shut down obey lockdown and delay
If someone thinks I am wrong I am sorry but this is what I think
Although not an expert

Whitecollar

Country flag
Uac ka delivery schedule share karna iss yr ka , foc me delay batao , proper , r madhvan ji ke interview batao
Well Madhavan said they were awaiting few items to come from Israel after which they would make ready all FOCs and deliver. I'm not sure my guess: it's the ELTA 2032 MMR may have not been fully delivered by them??

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Lo bhai , udalo mk2
Absolute state of covid is the reason.
Sets very bad precedence. Rolling out a new fighter for the nation's security is not some high-school exam that can be postponed at per social situations.
DRDO/HAL should have set up backup plans/emergency suppliers and ensure manpower dip does not affect their production.

I know these are PSUs with bad work cultures, they should ensure the highest level of preparedness and follow strict COVID protocol and containment measures like Armed Forces.

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
it depends on the aircraft,it the aircraft is well supported by it manufacturer and nation which itself might be the result of its suitability and sales volume to as many countries as possible,then its obselence can be delayed a little and the newer version could somewhat keep up with new aircraft.this is on the condition that the previous purchasers keep up with upgrading the aircraft.LM had also puts more research than most companies in prolonging and marketing the f16 so it might explain its long service,but of course there is a limit.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles