LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
@Super Flanker
I think a meteor missile costs more than any fighter aircraft Pakistan has
Firing a meteor on jf17 , Pakistani version of f16 or mirage 3/4 would be a loss as these aircrafts cost less than meteor itself
If so than I guess those Mirage 3/5 and those Chinese JF 17 junk fighters are the one which would bring a loss if we fire Meteor Missiles at them. It will an insult to the meteor missile if we use it Against their useless junk ass JF-17 and Mirages though. Those F-16 ,and SAAB awac and their other Aircrafts like Refuelling tankers are the ones which should be shot by Meteor Missiles.

Whitecollar

Country flag
If so than I guess those Mirage 3/5 and those Chinese JF 17 junk fighters are the one which would bring a loss if we fire Meteor Missiles at them. It will an insult to the meteor missile if we use it Against their useless junk ass JF-17 and Mirages though. Those F-16 ,and SAAB awac and their other Aircrafts like Refuelling tankers are the ones which should be shot by Meteor Missiles.
Relax bro...for the Junk 17s, we already brought R-77-1 in good numbers. Plus Astra MK1 with Ku band AESA seeker will be interesting missile once fired upon the junks. Current BVR fights is rather for dispersing the enemy and forcing them to go defensive so that we get a good amount of time & send in A2G attack group to attack their land based estabilishments(HQ9, airbases, Terror camps, ammo depo, etc). The TWS method makes sure you're checking both ground and air targets simultaneously and updating fellow fighters real time.
Most BVRs are effective only inside their NEZ (when missiles have quite the energy and jets are huge/cannot manuver well enough in time/cannot jam missile) or MAR i.e Minimum Abort Range.
Screenshot_20220110-094600_YouTube.jpg

As very effectively explained by Growling Sidewinder, MAR is the area inside which if you by any chance end up(happens mostly in WVR fights but both you and enemy have BVRs), missile in all it's might will just kill you. The squiggly lines are jet paths taken to defend against an enemy BVR and then recommitting, tracking, lock and firing a BVR then again defending. At such range, you don't need to put your nose at radar's gimbal limit as BVR's internal radar will already able to track the bandit all by it's own(hence such heavy cranking move can be made without worrying about radar lock being broken).

My point being: Yes even if we play BVR scare tactics, we can still severely handicap their military and aviation potential even without entering their airspace now.

Super Flanker

Relax bro...for the Junk 17s, we already brought R-77-1 in good numbers. Plus Astra MK1 with Ku band AESA seeker will be interesting missile once fired upon the junks. Current BVR fights is rather for dispersing the enemy and forcing them to go defensive so that we get a good amount of time & send in A2G attack group to attack their land based estabilishments(HQ9, airbases, Terror camps, ammo depo, etc). The TWS method makes sure you're checking both ground and air targets simultaneously and updating fellow fighters real time.
Most BVRs are effective only inside their NEZ (when missiles have quite the energy and jets are huge/cannot manuver well enough in time/cannot jam missile) or MAR i.e Minimum Abort Range.
View attachment 130837
As very effectively explained by Growling Sidewinder, MAR is the area inside which if you by any chance end up(happens mostly in WVR fights but both you and enemy have BVRs), missile in all it's might will just kill you. The squiggly lines are jet paths taken to defend against an enemy BVR and then recommitting, tracking, lock and firing a BVR then again defending. At such range, you don't need to put your nose at radar's gimbal limit as BVR's internal radar will already able to track the bandit all by it's own(hence such heavy cranking move can be made without worrying about radar lock being broken).

My point being: Yes even if we play BVR scare tactics, we can still severely handicap their military and aviation potential even without entering their airspace now.
Not just For those JF-17 Aircrafts but also for those old ass mirage 3 and Mirage 5 which they operate. For JF 17 and Mirages we could use R-77 adders and Astra missiles (MK-1) and for those F-16s? Well for them I guess you will need Meteors and upcoming Astra Mk2 ,I guess Astra MK-1 will be enough to deal with those F-16s.

You can discuss more about Russian air to air Missiles in this thread which I have Specifically made for all Discussion with regards to Russian air to air Missiles.

Whitecollar

Country flag
@Super Flanker
I think a meteor missile costs more than any fighter aircraft Pakistan has
Firing a meteor on jf17 , Pakistani version of f16 or mirage 3/4 would be a loss as these aircrafts cost less than meteor itself
One thing I would like to add here is that in a co-ordinated air combat scenario, JF, J-10 or F-16 will always be a 2nd priority target/s specifically when firing a Meteor is concerned.
IAF as of now should already know (and will have made their tactics) that Meteors can be fired from Rafale as far as 200-220kms against higher size force multipliers like AWACS. If so, painting up an Erieye with RBE2 nose hot even for 20 seconds is gonna make even Gen Bajwa shit his pants. My guess is that Rafales will go a little deeper(130-150km ish) and use IRST to tag the Erieyes. By the time, Meteor's onboard radar gets active, it will already have covered so much distance that Erieye's fate is sealed. And there we have it guys...SPLASH 1 ERIEYE!

PAF will hurriedly scramble everything they have in their arsenal and then the saga continues.

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Okay what is the cost of Meteor and F-16s which Pakistan has bought? Anyways those F-16s were given to porkis as free aid to fight against Terrorism if I am not wrong.
Most of Pakistani F16s are F16 A/B and around 17 F16D (one was downed by IAF mig21 in 2019)
And they’re 2nd hand aircrafts F16 took it’s first flight 45 years ago USAF s not buying F16 , LM keeps upgrading it for export only

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag

Tejas podcast#2. Key points covered:
1. Tejas has had another near miss while flight testing related to Hydraulic fluid leakage.
2. HMDS (DASH) quite capable proved with mutiple R-73 launches against targets incl. maneuvering targets.
3. LGB integrated with Litening is pretty good. zoom in zoom out on target can be done and laser designate it.
4.Nuances of test flying
5. Squadron feedback overall good but seems some limitations due to size is there but majorly good
God forbid if there is a Tejas crash ! I am very sure import lobby and IAF top brass will shut down all Tejas use and pitch for another foreign tender, there will be media articles galore on low quality of HAL etc..by usual dalals......Capt. Varun Singh has single handedly saved the entire Tejas line by saving that fighter ! Pity he is no more. His contribution is beyond compare...Aum Shanthi

Super Flanker

Most of Pakistani F16s are F16 A/B and around 17 F16D (one was downed by IAF mig21 in 2019)
And they’re 2nd hand aircrafts F16 took it’s first flight 45 years ago USAF s not buying F16 , LM keeps upgrading it for export only
No one knows what exactly Pakis Operate. It is said that Pakistan Airforce operates 75 F-16s in active service, comprising 44 F-16AM/BM Block 15 MLU, 13 F-16A/B ADF and 18 F-16C/D Block 52+ variants. Anyways F-16 is more export oriented only now ,it's a really good option for countries like Taiwan etc which provide bang for the buck.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles