LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Spitfire9

Country flag
I am a bit surprised that 18 Tejas would be bought for use (according to IDU video) as trainers. Surely they would be used as fighters as well. Why would you make them part of a carrier's contingent otherwise?

I also wonder when they would be built and where.

lixun

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I very much agree with this person’s rating of LCA, which is also my opinion on LCA

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
I very much agree with this person’s rating of LCA, which is also my opinion on LCA
And desperate chicom is posting years old stuff here

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
And desperate chicom is posting years old stuff here
This actually explains why this chowmien don't know much of already anything he's talking about... He must read stuff like this. The guy says LCA is limited to 6g & that thing about aspect ratio (it's super hilarious really, by that logic F-18 should outperform Mig-29 at energy fighting 😁 while the opposite it true, LERX will allow greater slow speed maneuverability but bleeds speed).

lixun

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
This agreeably explains why this chowmien don't know much of already anything he's taking about... He must read stuff like this. The guy says LCA is limited to 6g & that thing about aspect ratio (it's super hilarious really, by that logic F-18 should outperform F-22 at high speed).
I think what he said is right, especially the discussion about the aerodynamic shape of LCA

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
This agreeably explains why this chowmien don't know much of already anything he's taking about... He must read stuff like this. The guy says LCA is limited to 6g & that thing about aspect ratio (it's super hilarious really, by that logic F-18 should outperform F-22).
He’s fighting with me on chinese economy thread because I posted a news article that Xitler Jinpig has wiped out 560 bn USD from chinese stock market in a week, and he calls this Cultural Revolution 2.0 as Market Reforms 2.0, such is the level of desperation of overtime Chinese Wumaos.

lixun

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
The delta wing itself should have good high-speed performance, but the fixed intake port increases the shock resistance, and what he said should be the aspect ratio.

But it’s okay, after all, India is number one

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
The delta wing itself should have good high-speed performance, but the fixed intake port increases the shock resistance, and what he said should be the aspect ratio.

But it’s okay, after all, India is number one
Not that simple. It depends on
  • if the wing is cranked or not,
  • the airfoil shape,
  • the L/D ratio (ie area-ruling,
  • the leading-edge sweep angle....
Listen man, you sound like you are clueless noob, so take this advice. Never take seriously anyone who over simplifies something like aerodynamics.

Last edited:

lixun

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Problem is that when this was written then LCA was still in Testing phase, the production and the mainsaty MK1A and MK2 are far more advanced than vanilla LCA, got it?
Did you tell me that there has been any change in the aerodynamic shape of LCA from 1990 to now?

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
A person who thinks that medium fighters can carry more than heavy fighters should know nothing about aircraft.
Again. Oversimplification!

J-15 will outcarry Mig-29 on full runway... On a skyjump carrier you did not get a full runway. Matter of fact is that Russians themselves are abandoning Su-33 in favour of Mig-29k

Did you tell me that there has been any change in the aerodynamic shape of LCA from 1990 to now?
Flight control software. That's how clean sheet aircraft development is done... IOC was 6g capable, 21° AoA, 16°/sec STR. FOC has been tested to 8.5g, 26°AoA, 17.5°/sec STR.

You have to know these stuff b4 you come to make comments & be taken seriously. These guys are just having fun with you.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles