LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Narasimh

Country flag
Range would be directly proportional to power consumption. LCA would have low power setup as compared to heavier cousins.
That is why a good data link is required but I dont think that would be possible in case of LCA.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Range would be directly proportional to power consumption. LCA would have low power setup as compared to heavier cousins.
It looks that it is 40kg overweight. I guess they could go the Chinese route and cut power output by half and make it air-cooled. :pound:

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
Range depends upon many factors...
Currently the radar under development has 736 trms rated at 10W each .

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
It looks that it is 40kg overweight. I guess they could go the Chinese route and cut power output by half and make it air-cooled. :pound:
Or just can sell pesa radars in the name of aesa like how chinese do with j11s and j10s and j16s.

vishnugupt

Country flag
Taken on it's own, your argument is valid.
But it is unfair to compare IAF incidents and accidents numbers to foreign forces.

You fly more, there is more wear n tear, your airframes , engines run through their lifecycles quicker, your chances of having incidents n accidents go up. Couple that with some of the most hostile weather the equipment is exposed to. You

I do not know which pylon you are referring to or what was the ultimate result of the faux pa, but look at it this way, IAF ground crews do a tremendous job keeping the majority of the fleet air worthy, considering you dont even get parts for a lot of ex Soviet airplanes.
Dost abhi Tejas ka drop tank gira na pylon rake ke sath,..

kunal1123

Country flag
India should Offer M1/MK1A/MK2 ...........................................................

Saab offers Gripens to replace Colombia's IAI Kfir Fighters...

via Janes.
Saab AB is offering its single-seat and dual-seat Gripen fighters to the Colombia Air Force (Fuerza Aérea Colombiana: FAC) to replace its Israeli Aerospace Industries (IAI) Kfir combat aircraft fleet.

Jonas Hjelm, Saab's head of business area aeronautics, told Jane's on 10 July from the Feria Aeronáutica Internacional (F-AIR) show in Colombia that the company offered 12 single-seat Gripen Es and 3 dual-seat Gripen Fs. He said that Colombia is looking for multirole air superiority fighters and that Saab believes the Gripens perfectly fit these requirements.

Hjelm said it was too early to say where Saab would build its Colombian Gripens if the company was selected to provide the aircraft, but added that Saab would use existing facilities in Brazil and Sweden if chosen to provide Gripens to Colombia. The company, he said, is offering a very comprehensive technology transfer package as Saab knows Colombia wants its aeronautical industry to take a step forward in maturity.

Saab expects competition from Lockheed Martin and its F-16 Block 70 Fighting Falcon and Eurofighter Typhoon, while IAI is offering the upgraded Kfir Next-Generation (NG). Colombia currently operates Kfir Block 60s. Hmm. No Super Hornet in this competition? Wonder why. Additionally I wonder what upgrades IAI has in store for the Upgraded Kfir Next-Generation!

IndianHawk

Country flag
India should Offer M1/MK1A/MK2 ...........................................................

Saab offers Gripens to replace Colombia's IAI Kfir Fighters...

via Janes.
Saab AB is offering its single-seat and dual-seat Gripen fighters to the Colombia Air Force (Fuerza Aérea Colombiana: FAC) to replace its Israeli Aerospace Industries (IAI) Kfir combat aircraft fleet.

Jonas Hjelm, Saab's head of business area aeronautics, told Jane's on 10 July from the Feria Aeronáutica Internacional (F-AIR) show in Colombia that the company offered 12 single-seat Gripen Es and 3 dual-seat Gripen Fs. He said that Colombia is looking for multirole air superiority fighters and that Saab believes the Gripens perfectly fit these requirements.

Hjelm said it was too early to say where Saab would build its Colombian Gripens if the company was selected to provide the aircraft, but added that Saab would use existing facilities in Brazil and Sweden if chosen to provide Gripens to Colombia. The company, he said, is offering a very comprehensive technology transfer package as Saab knows Colombia wants its aeronautical industry to take a step forward in maturity.

Saab expects competition from Lockheed Martin and its F-16 Block 70 Fighting Falcon and Eurofighter Typhoon, while IAI is offering the upgraded Kfir Next-Generation (NG). Colombia currently operates Kfir Block 60s. Hmm. No Super Hornet in this competition? Wonder why. Additionally I wonder what upgrades IAI has in store for the Upgraded Kfir Next-Generation!
Should get Israel to influence them . Kfir of Columbia already operates elta 2052 with derby ER. Same combo will be there in mk1a with a more formidable package. So it should be easy transition for Columbia.

We can even use their elta 2052s and derby into mk1a airframe and save some money for them.

Sent from my C103 using Tapatalk

Defcon 1

Country flag
Uttam is attached with Tejas LSP2 and data shows LSP2 is flying very frequently.
Doesn't matter. AESA radars are usually flight tested for 5-10 years before they enter production. Anyways, if there was even a remote possibility of Uttam getting inducted in a short time like 2 years, HAL wouldn't have ordered 83 Elta 2052.

Last edited:

Defcon 1

Country flag
My guess is, uttam will be introduced in mk1a at earliest opportunity. Can then mate with meteors, lethal combination. I think elta2052 will be ordered in small lots.
Uttam will not serve in Mk1a unless it is exported. Current expected orders for Mk1a is 83 and HAL has tender of 83 AESA radars. If they wanted to order radar in small batches, the tender would have been smaller.

rohit b3

Country flag
Any deal with Israel is simply due to Corruption or through "Relationship". Literally none of the deals with Israel practically make sense.
Be it AESA radars(Uttam getting delayed)
ATGM(Nag getting delayed)
BVR missile(Astra getting delayed)
and many more..
All these "delays" are to make a window to import Israeli crap.
For instance, Astra has had 33 TESTS SINCE 2003, with 29 successes, including 16 ground tests and 17 flight tests and still not integrated into Tejas.

rone

Country flag
Any deal with Israel is simply due to Corruption or through "Relationship". Literally none of the deals with Israel practically make sense.
and many more..
For instance, Astra has had 33 TESTS SINCE 2003, with 29 successes, including 16 ground tests and 17 flight tests and still not integrated into Tejas.
Astra can be integrated to LCA easily what iaf need is a cheep aim 120 counter , for that Jews push their i-derby insisting it have more realistic options and a better one than Astra but it also it's true i-derby practically have more range and more firing options than astra with current LCA radar

Enquirer

Astra can be integrated to LCA easily what iaf need is a cheep aim 120 counter , for that Jews push their i-derby insisting it have more realistic options and a better one than Astra but it also it's true i-derby practically have more range and more firing options than astra with current LCA radar
By the time Mk1A's are inducted Astra Mk2 should be ready!!!!!!!

Defcon 1

Country flag
and many more..
Another comment from ones a$$, without backing of facts or logic. Tactical missiles are not like ballistic missiles which will be inducted after 3 tests. Each test has to validate some parameters of missile. Out of those 17 flight tests, how many were carried at full range, with ECCM, mid course guidance and RF seeker working? Answer that question and you will understand why Astra is not inducted yet.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles