LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

pc982449

For Bharat rakshak you need to have paid email ID. For Strategic frontier no such things required. But for freedom of speech this is best place.
By through any app ???
Any link how can joining ???

Sent from my Alfa L using Tapatalk

garg_bharat

Country flag
I am very worried about slow action on Tejas. I do not know what is stopping Govt from privatizing Tejas project.

Tejas needs to move to private sector now.

IndianHawk

Country flag
I am very worried about slow action on Tejas. I do not know what is stopping Govt from privatizing Tejas project.

HAL union is already on strike taking Tejas away from them and they will have heart attacks ( which may turn out to be a good thing lol.)

Sent from my C103 using Tapatalk

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag

What means slow action....

Design and development is Ada's work.....

Of mwf and amca........
Though mk1a is Hal's responsibility......

And now a days lap s are flying ..5...6 times in a month.....so work is going on......

Though not in pace but.....faster than before...........

garg_bharat

Country flag
patriots, production rate is too low. Three years taken to deliver 18 SPs. HAL production rate is supposed to be 16 per year now. But no unit has been delivered in April-June quarter.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
patriots, production rate is too low. Three years taken to deliver 18 SPs. HAL production rate is supposed to be 16 per year now. But no unit has been delivered in April-June quarter.
Bhai......
Production rate is slow....I believe too....
But think from Hal's perspective...,.for more production hal will have to invest more manpower ....which will raise Tejas cost . Which is iaf not eager to pay.......

After all hal is a psu...think s about the profit....
Bdw . At this pace hal will deliver all foc .Before mk1a production.... which is 2022 (expected )..
Better iaf should order more foc ....with condition of less production time.....

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Bhai......
Production rate is slow....I believe too....
But think from Hal's perspective...,.for more production hal will have to invest more manpower ....which will raise Tejas cost . Which is iaf not eager to pay.......

After all hal is a psu...think s about the profit....
Bdw . At this pace hal will deliver all foc .Before mk1a production.... which is 2022 (expected )..
Better iaf should order more foc ....with condition of less production time.....
Time has a price of its own...
With the rate the production is going on HAL should give it free. Cost to borne out of the commission they might be getting to delay the production.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
HAL workers are on strike so that might have something to do with it.

akk

Country flag
Why should HAL manufacture faster? Only 24 more to go. Mk1a not yet ordered. First flight will be 3 years after order. 8 per year is okay till then, even if ordered today.
If they manufacture 16 per year, what will the workforce do after 1.5 years?

lcafanboy

Country flag
If they manufacture 16 per year, what will the workforce do after 1.5 years?
Baith Ke Muth maare saale reservation quota Chaaps, par Saare 40 LCA TEJAS ab tak deliver kar dete. At least IAF would have got 2 sqdns of operational fighter more by now. That would have also put pressure on IAF and government to order more. BoseDk Kam ke na kaaj Ke 100ton Anaj Ke. Gaand Pe Goli Maaro saalon ke...:shoot:

akk

Country flag
Baith Ke Muth maare saale reservation quota Chaaps, par Saare 40 LCA TEJAS ab tak deliver kar dete. At least IAF would have got 2 sqdns of operational fighter more by now. That would have also put pressure on IAF and government to order more. BoseDk Kam ke na kaaj Ke 100ton Anaj Ke. Gaand Pe Goli Maaro saalon ke...:shoot:
When foc has only been given in Jan 2019, how could they have delivered 40 by now, specially when the trainers are also foc standard.
Frankly, hal may have many issues, but in lca saga, I do not see where to put blame on them. It's primarily ada and iaf. And even now it's iaf delaying mk1a order.

IndianHawk

Country flag
With a measly order of 40 units only HAL can't invest in more production lines and hence slow and gradual increase in production.

They should've put an order of 100 units so that 4-5 simultaneous lines were justified cost wise.

First foc mk 1 will only come in September.
Remember they have to deliver only 20 foc birds by 2022 ( before mk1a production starts for which no order has been given as of now )

So what is the point of investing into additional production capacity.

rone

Country flag
Don't think too much mk1 production schedules on time in 2021 end 16 foc mk1 will be delivered and rest 8 fov trainer in 2022, also in end of 2021 or 2022 mk1 a take first flight and we can see series production in end of 2022 or in early 2023 (if 83 mk1a order cleared) in 2024 the production touch 16 LCA per year in 2025 mk2 and in end of 2028 we can see mk2 series production, so chill guys everything going as planned

garg_bharat

Country flag
With a measly order of 40 units only HAL can't invest in more production lines and hence slow and gradual increase in production.

They should've put an order of 100 units so that 4-5 simultaneous lines were justified cost wise.

First foc mk 1 will only come in September.
Remember they have to deliver only 20 foc birds by 2022 ( before mk1a production starts for which no order has been given as of now )

So what is the point of investing into additional production capacity.

You are wrong.

Mk1 orders of 40 units includes 32 single seat and 8 double seat. Only 16 single seat are delivered.
Mk1A orders of 73 units - 0 delivered so far.

Significant orders have been given. Orders is not an issue.

How will govt order if you cannot deliver????

garg_bharat

Country flag
Don't think too much mk1 production schedules on time in 2021 end 16 foc mk1 will be delivered and rest 8 fov trainer in 2022, also in end of 2021 or 2022 mk1 a take first flight and we can see series production in end of 2022 or in early 2023 (if 83 mk1a order cleared) in 2024 the production touch 16 LCA per year in 2025 mk2 and in end of 2028 we can see mk2 series production, so chill guys everything going as planned
HAL is supposed to deliver 16 units in 2019-20, as per its own production plan. This number is nowhere in sight today.

pc982449

Any knows why India not send tejas jet in Paris air show and why specifications not yet finalized by air force ,hal, ada

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Any knows why India not send tejas jet in Paris air show and why specifications not yet finalized by air force ,hal, ada

Don't know the specific cause....
But can say.....all LSPS with hal and Ada are busy with flight....with some modifications though......
And sps with iaf are in busy in training and upgradation.... which will be deployed at fowardf bases next year onwards

lcafanboy

Country flag
HAL is supposed to deliver 16 units in 2019-20, as per its own production plan. This number is nowhere in sight today.
HAL BoseDka was supposed to deliver 16 from 2016. After IOC in 2014 HAL statement was 4 in 2014 8 in 2015 and 16 from 2016. Sab ke sab neech, mad*rch*d, hain...

They should have delivered all 40 in IOC and then upgraded to foc standard within a year as foc is just software upgrade. All structural changes are in Mk1A. Look at F-35 production they are producing IOC version in hundreds and then all will upgraded to foc standards. That's how fighters are built around the world. You can also check Rafales and eurofighter typhoon same production schedule..

The only thing with HAL is they are incompetent parasites living on tax payers money...

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
HAL BoseDka was supposed to deliver 16 from 2016. After IOC in 2014 HAL statement was 4 in 2014 8 in 2015 and 16 from 2016. Sab ke sab neech, mad*rch*d, hain...

They should have delivered all 40 in IOC and then upgraded to foc standard within a year as foc is just software upgrade. All structural changes are in Mk1A. Look at F-35 production they are producing IOC version in hundreds and then all will upgraded to foc standards. That's how fighters are built around the world. You can also check Rafales and eurofighter typhoon same production schedule..

The only thing with HAL is they are incompetent parasites living on tax payers money...
Bhai. Iaf should have ordered more IOC.....
Now iaf can order more foc....till.mk1a...come......

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles