LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Advaidhya Tiwari

tejascot

Do you know how much weight's load each weapon pylon of Tejas can carry?
This can't be it as the outermost one in Mark 1A is to carry dual-rack WVR (thus capable of atleast 200+kg).

View attachment 34630 View attachment 34631
Also saw this mockup...
View attachment 34634
Tejas weapon stations maximum displacement of 3,5,6 is 1500kg+ total up 4500kg+ but they two quad racks in each station 4ccms/4bvr/4× 500kg bombs

Sent from my Alfa L using Tapatalk

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag

Found in Twitter................................................
No shit. If the squadron were flying low like the Mig 21, lower RCS Tejas could allow them to easily within No Escape zone of superior Derby BVR.

But they didn't fire BVR & fact remains the Tejas does not have a jammer right now... it would be a bad idea to send it dogfighting without one.

Last edited:

tejascot

No shit. If the squadron were flying low like the Mig 21, lower RCS Tejas could allow them to easily within No Escape zone of superior Derby BVR.

But they didn't fire BVR & fact remains the Tejas does not have a jammer right now... it would be a bad idea to send it dogfighting without one.
Mig21bis not use any jammer in recently dogfight take a help to su30mki jammers to jam 4 missile

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag

Bhai u will be happy to hear that....
Elta jammers used in sea harriers can be fitted with tejas ioc too(from brf)
And mig21 was operated under the jammer of su 30....

So tejas can do too

IndianHawk

Country flag

Lca won't go to battle alone. It will work with su30, mirage and soon rafale .

Regarding jammers one or two lca in the squadron can be equipped with elta skyshield
As presented in aero India. That can provide jamming protection to battle group.

Sent from my C103 using Tapatalk

tejascot

Lca won't go to battle alone. It will work with su30, mirage and soon rafale .

Regarding jammers one or two lca in the squadron can be equipped with elta skyshield
As presented in aero India. That can provide jamming protection to battle group.

Any source , because a till date tejas mk1 is not spoted with jammer

IndianHawk

Country flag
Any source , because a till date tejas mk1 is not spoted with jammer

Look into skyshield by elta . They had a model at aero India.

tejascot

Look into skyshield by elta . They had a model at aero India.

What thing about for dare tuskhar pod
I thing india may go with tuskhar pod for lca

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Mig21bis not use any jammer in recently dogfight take a help to su30mki jammers to jam 4 missile

Bhai u will be happy to hear that....
Elta jammers used in sea harriers can be fitted with tejas ioc too(from brf)
And mig21 was operated under the jammer of su 30....

So tejas can do too
...And the Mig-21 got shot down. Something like that would be bad PR for Tejas right now. Much safer to wait for Mark 1A or atleast FOC Tejas coming in.

Harrier's jammers aren't being fitted on Tejas, so it's ability to carry it has little relevance right now.

Not good enough IMO.

Tejas has the best A2G weapons delivery capability in whole Indian Air Force inventory, as well as the Derby, most of whose range is No Escape Zone.
So, for now, better use the present Tejas for strikes like Mirage-2000 & for BVR sniping.

Last edited:

IndianHawk

Country flag
...And the Mig-21 got shot down. Something like that would be bad PR for Tejas right now. Much safer to wait for Mark 1A or atleast FOC Tejas coming in.

Harrier's jammers aren't being fitted on Tejas, so it's ability to carry it has little relevance right now.

Not good enough IMO.

Tejas has the best A2G weapons delivery capability in whole Indian Air Force inventory, as well as the Derby, most of whose range is No Escape Zone.
So, for now, better use the present Tejas for strikes like Mirage-2000 & for BVR sniping.
That's not how iaf works. Iaf will put Tejas in place of mig 21. And once battle starts lca perform its full multirole capacity as and when required. Mk1a will be more than a match to f16
And vastly superior to jf17.

garg_bharat

Country flag
I think existing Tejas sq will move north once another starts raising. Methinks Leh and Pathankot have highest possibility of basing Tejas.

Anyway South India needs at least two fighter squadrons. I think one Tejas sq will stay put where it is currently.

IndianHawk

Country flag
I think existing Tejas sq will move north once another starts raising. Methinks Leh and Pathankot have highest possibility of basing Tejas.

Anyway South India needs at least two fighter squadrons. I think one Tejas sq will stay put where it is currently.
It mostly depends on mig 21 retirement. If frontline mig 21 sq are retired earlier then that's where Tejas will go. So the real question how many frontline mig21 sq are there and where are they based.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Filmed at Aero India 2019, i think... twin seater jet, rising smoke in the background.
Has some short, sharp turns that got edited off most videos. A must watch.

Last edited:

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
That Kid Will Give Big Daddy Run For Its Money in Modern BVR combat
When India makes 60°+ attacking WVR missiles & when Tejas gets IRST, then. Otherwise without thrust vectoring or self-protection jammer it won't.

Last edited:

WARREN SS

Country flag
When India makes 60°+ attacking WVR missiles & when it gets IRST, then. Otherwise without thrust vectoring or self-protection jammer it won't.
LCA Delta Wing Gives It Nap earth flying Capability

LCA MK1A Will killer Combo

SPJ just External /Pod that can be Added
With Elta AESA And Low RCS Gives it Edge over MKI
Its Will be the second Aircraft after rafale Which Will have sensor fusion

Western BVR's Gives it Better combat Ability in BVR's
Derby +ASRAAM combo in future

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles