LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Advaidhya Tiwari

You are assuming too many things. You have no idea of Astra production vs BVR requirement. You have no idea of plus/minus of Astra vs other missiles. This local/imported logic goes nowhere because you do not have reliable data.
Do you have the data?

I am sure Astra will become a primary BVR missile for IAF fighters one day. I doubt that is the case today.
The data says that Iderby-ER was rejected as it was found suitable due to some vibration issue. Despite this you recommend Iderby-ER! How logical is that? Also, Astra has cleared user-trials which show that it is suitable for India. It also has active radar seeker which makes it quite jam proof

I have no idea how many lots of R77 were bought and when. You need to ask IAF.
Fair to assume some lots have expired or expiring which need to be replaced.
Plus additional missiles are needed for new build aircraft.
As new aircrafts come, older ones are retired. Aircrafts like MiG21 which also uses R77 are retiring. I don't see large enough aircraft induction that warrants buying any imported missile when Astra is already ready. First give data to prove otherwise and then we can speak

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Astra production is ramping up. But remember first lots are like test missiles. Imports will be there as well to top up inventory.
I would hope by the time the Mk1A is inducted the missile would be past testing. Getting rid of imports is the goal.

rone

Country flag
First of for all keyboard analyst's bvr missiles doesn't mean u can fire the aam at very long range , at its max operating envalop becoz if u run or used any professional war simulators u know it for example aim 120 c which have max range 80 km plus ( d version have 120km plus range) it doesn't mean u can fire it from 80 km and assure bulls eye, if u want assure kill u must need so many prameters like no frndly ac in kill zone becoz bvr are mostly fox3 in terminal pause they go active so the go as pitbull, if any frndly ac in kill zone it get lock to it becoz aam don't have iff, yep fox3 have mothership guidance up to some points not all way to traget, and abt range if u fire aim120 like bvr at Operational max range the defendant ac can loose it 100 perc, using high g turns and dives that's how su30 mki defeated aim120c of paki, for kill shot u must be at aveg 10 to 15 k or higher altitudes and range less than 25km then u can fire and missile will have avreage speed of mach 3.5 up to traget, hope u guys understand , also abt i-derby (er) it's fox 3 missile and it need mother ship guidance up to 70 to80 km LCA mk1 fcr max range is 80 it not optimal for mk1 that's why Astra and derby (80km) recommended

Rahul Singh

Country flag
I-Derby ain't coming. Astra-2 is already in development. Astra-2 not to be confused with SDFR.

Astra-1 is virtually replacing R-77 on Sukhoi.

Astra-1 will also be the main BVR of Tejas fleet. Derby's inventory is still very small as it is coming directly from the lot bought for Navy's Sea Harrier fleet. So far we have not made any separate purchase. And not likely to make any in future also.

Astra production is ramping up. But remember first lots are like test missiles. Imports will be there as well to top up inventory.
The first LOT are not Test samples for the technology but for Quality in mass production.

Complete development of Astra-1 is finished. Now DRDO will start testing longer-range Astra-2.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
I would hope by the time the Mk1A is inducted the missile would be past testing. Getting rid of imports is the goal.
Astra-1 has already completed pre-induction trials. No more tests or trails needed to check technology.

Batch quality assurance tests-firings, however, will continue as long as Astra-1 is in production.

tejascot

3 bvr missiles r available for tejas mk1/mk1a
Astra mk1{110km}
Derby er/I{range classified}
R77 { 190+km}

Sent from my Alfa L using Tapatalk

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Astra mk1{110km}
R77 { 190+km}

R77.....190......

Is it...........................

Snowcat

Country flag
Astra mk1{110km}
R77 { 190+km}

What are you on about ? India doesn't have any BVR missiles with that range. The r-77 India operates has a range about 80 KM's and believe me probably of that missile hitting a modern jet at 80 KM's is very slim. The one you are talking about is K 77m which india doesn't operate.

Reactions: Kay

tejascot

What are you on about ? India doesn't have any BVR missiles with that range. The r-77 India operates has a range about 80 KM's and believe me probably of that missile hitting a modern jet at 80 KM's is very slim. The one you are talking about is K 77m which india doesn't operate.
U r right

tejascot

This a Image of tejas vayu shakti 2019
In this picture tejas dropped two 500kg bombs so load out configuration of mission is
Internal fuel 2484 ltr
1200ltr ×2 fuel tank
500kg×2 bombs
80kg×2 ccms
Total _5100kg
They also dropped 1000kg lgbs
Fire one tejas
So In this exercise iaf uses 3 tejas

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
This a Image of tejas vayu shakti 2019
In this picture tejas dropped two 500kg bombs so load out configuration of mission is
Internal fuel 2484 ltr
1200ltr ×2 fuel tank
500kg×2 bombs
80kg×2 ccms
Total _5100kg
They also dropped 1000kg lgbs
Fire one tejas
So In this exercise iaf uses 3 tejas

Your images aren't visible...

tejascot

Thread on tejas...............
Bro question is iaf uses 3 tejas jet in vayu shakti 2019
I know tejas jet carry
2×500kg bombs
1×1000kg lgb
1200ltr×2 ext.fuel tank

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
So this image visible

Nope.. I quoted your reply & copied the image url.
It's downloading in .webp format. Maybe that's why...

Global Defence

Articles