LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

MonaLazy

Its a hit job by him
Donning my Sherlock hat, tweeted from Greater Mohali at 8pm shows few things.
  1. Chandigarh proper rentals are now beyond the reach of Chandigarh lobby. Atmanirbhar Bharat has hit their wallets hard. Now should be renamed to Greater Mohali lobby and they should apply for EWS community plotting.
  2. Posted without any source because it's obviously bunkum.
  3. Posted right around Scotch o' clock after several pegs Paaji's aatma must have been orbiting the moon. This is just the last gasp for fresh air from a dying breed & is a good indicator of Indian defence industry coming of age.

Valiant soldier of lifafa journalism, you will not be missed.

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
Its a hit job by him
Donning my Sherlock hat, tweeted from Greater Mohali at 8pm shows few things.
  1. Chandigarh proper rentals are now beyond the reach of Chandigarh lobby. Atmanirbhar Bharat has hit their wallets hard. Now should be renamed to Greater Mohali lobby and they should apply for EWS community plotting.
  2. Posted without any source because it's obviously bunkum.
  3. Posted right around Scotch o' clock after several pegs Paaji's aatma must have been orbiting the moon. This is just the last gasp for fresh air from a dying breed & is a good indicator of Indian defence industry coming of age.

Valiant soldier of lifafa journalism, you will not be missed.
Meanwhile, @Sancho, our resident Gripen ka dalal, still peddling his lies:-

These people don't even bother with proper lies these days, resorting to RR.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Banned
Its a hit job by him
Ramandeep Bajwa is an Idiot of the highest order, he reminds of the swine called Pravin Sawnhey. It's better to Ignore the comments made by people like him. If you read his Tweets, than you will realise that his knowledge about Tejas or defence as whole is trash.

Super Flanker

Banned
Chitya hai ...trying to go against wave to get highlighted and you are helping him..
"Chitiya" nahi, usse "Chutiya" kehte hai. To be honest, I welcome something called as "Constructive Critisism" and at 1st I thought that this Ramandeep Bajwa was into that, later now I realised his comments are not Constructive Critisism but simply plain Bullshit.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member

According to the link rapid deceleration can cause aorta rupture. That can happen with high Gs manuevers. As you suddenly go to 9 Gs and then go to 1 G the next, that is extreme or rapid deceleration.
The article focus on penetrating traumas and blunt force traumas caused rapid deceleration especially in case of vehicles.
Their is no correlation to high-G maneuvers.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Kaveri was and still is a great endeavor, the project should not be abandoned after coming to this stage.
This engine should be the bedrock or our Engine program.
Kaveri is not going to be abandoned. Its going to be used in Ghatak UCAV.
Their is also a plan for marine version.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Pulling more than 10 Gs will result in serious damage to your heart. It may lead to a rupture in your aorta.
Above 9g, limiting factor is human limitation. Pilot may get unconscious above 9g. So, plane with Pilot can not pull above 9g though airframe is strong enough to pull more than 9g. Pilotless plane can pull more than 9g id airframe is strong enough. There will be no point in making Pilot flown plane to make above 9g.

MonaLazy

Above 9g, limiting factor is human limitation

This guy says upto 13G is tolerable.
With proper training and G-Suits, more G's can be tolerated up to about 13G’s.
Also, just out of curiosity I looked up the maximum G forces experienced by space travellers when doing escape velocity. It is only 3Gs! So piloting a fighter jet is an extremely hard won skill. H/T to every fighter pilot there is!

1657697940488.png

Also, when the era of unmanned jet fighters arrives what speeds/turn rates/climb rates could we push those planes up to, once the human limitation is removed?

Super Flanker

Banned
I always thought that Pakistanis had Inferiority Complex but I didn't know that it was this bad!

Look at this Fool
Screenshot_20220714_220303.jpg

The guy does not know that the Tejas whose photo he is posting is that of a Naval LCA and that too this is a prototype. Prototypes like these are tested under harsh conditions and the Airframe is taken to a big limit and hence such things are expected but Pakistanis still don't understand anything!

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
Its a hit job by him
For other missions IAF has better assets, LOL like what ? Aging MiGs ? Or Underpowered Jags ? Or "under constant maintainance" Su30 ? I mean seriously, what do these hit job guys smoke ?

Super Flanker

Banned
For other missions IAF has better assets, LOL like what ? Aging MiGs ? Or Underpowered Jags ? Or "under constant maintainance" Su30 ? I mean seriously, what do these hit job guys smoke ?
SU-30 MKI, Rafale, Tejas and pretty much every plane in IAF's inventory is Effective/good for what they were Built for. Not saying that Tejas is bad but still we cannot depend upon it for everything, it can do roles like ground attack, air to air missions but we have better options too. Tejas MK-1/MK-1A is a good compliment to Mirage-2000s currently in service with IAF.

One thing that I truly like about Tejas is that we cannot integrate and use Weopons of pretty much any origin we want (be it israeli, Russian, American etc)

abingdonboy

Country flag
Its a hit job by him
Why does he have such an issue with LCA? I always find it weird to see that there are so many Indian defence ‘experts’ who have an issue explicitly with some projects. There are guys that almost exclusively attack the LCA, some that do the same for the ALH, some that do the same for the AMCA etc. the only explanation is they are influenced by specific OEMs with interests in targeting these projects because they compete with what they are pushing.

Another AF selecting LCA disproves most of the nonsense they push so they will fight it tooth and nail

johnj

SU-30 MKI, Rafale, Tejas and pretty much every plane in IAF's inventory is Effective/good for what they were Built for. Not saying that Tejas is bad but still we cannot depend upon it for everything, it can do roles like ground attack, air to air missions but we have better options too. Tejas MK-1/MK-1A is a good compliment to Mirage-2000s currently in service with IAF.

One thing that I truly like about Tejas is that we cannot integrate and use Weopons of pretty much any origin we want (be it israeli, Russian, American etc)
MKI is a issue for IAF due to heavy class & two pilots.
Tejas - ioc not so good, foc ok, still not good.
rafale - too small in nos.
Mirage 2000 is better than lca mk1 foc.
Jaguar can do its job better with aesa/ew pod/asraam etc.
mig 29 also there with astra, and ..
Considering mki, iaf need mwf & mrfa urgentaly to provide support[army/navy] but currently can do its primary jobs [air defence] with current fleet.
Rest mk1a.mwf, mrfa,amca etc depends on future & additional 91[73 mk1a] lca & 90[99] plus mwf added to iaf in near future.
Major issue of lca, achieved foc[iaf] only in ??? operational capability in af ??? & hal training manul/easy maintaince support trainer etc for iaf ??? lets hope hal fast track everything in mk1a.

johnj

Can you elaborate how you came to this conclusion?
Mica ir/rf better than derby, spike for ground attack, internal guns ok, internal EW, MAWS not considering weight/range etc and lca still tested by hal. I'm only considering current conditions not future[mk1a ..]

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Mica ir/rf better than derby, spike for ground attack, internal guns ok, internal EW, MAWS not considering weight/range etc and lca still tested by hal. I'm only considering current conditions not future[mk1a ..]
wrong

combination that determines air combat potential is

frontal RCS+ BVR missile range, + radar tracking range

It is this combo which determines who get the first BVR shot in air combat

Tejas mk1 outscores Mirage 2000(even after update) in all three counts

ASEA radar fr Mk1A will take this lead further,

And with full indigenous weapon suite rudram, Anti radiation missile, hammer, etc coming on lie

Thus lead will grow further fr tejas

Plus Tejas mk1 was able to take off with 3.5 tons from leh, (about 80 percent of its external load)

Plus tejas mk1 has lower wing loading & better thrust to weight ratio than even the updated M2000(40 million dollar per plane updates hvnt increased engine thrust )

this combo gives obvious advantage fr Tejas in better nose pointing ability and launching 90 deg high off boresight missile like python in close combat , python is one of the deadliest missiles in WVR

ADA plans to add MICA to tejas, besides IR Astr for close combat too is coming up

Tejas test pilot Suneeth Krishna who has spent 100s of hours in M2000 has said take offs in tejas mk1 is sharper than m2000, alluding to its agility.

fuel fraction(internal fuel weight/takeoff clean) which determines the actual usable combat range with optimal weapon load is almost the same for tejas & M2000

With ELTAA8222(tenders fr integration already floated, & work going on) getting deployed EW is no loger issue

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles