LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

NutCracker

Country flag

seething Magaysians filled with prejudice..

I am eagerly waiting for that spectacular moment when deal is finalized.

That forum is heavily anti India.. probably filled with wumao and porky larpers.

karn

Country flag

That forum is heavily anti India.. probably filled with wumao and porky larpers.
Them hating on singapore is what is the funniest.

vidhwanshak

Country flag

According to me, this deal will take years to sign.

Take the case of Rafael, start of negotiations 2011 and deal finalised in 2015.

Tridev123

Country flag
Egypt and Malaysia are the 2 most likely candidates for getting an export order for Tejas MK-1A from. If Tejas wins the Malaysian tender than it will be very good for our Defence industry.
Bro, all of us will be very happy if we manage to break into the highly competitive international high performance combat aircraft market. Will be a very significant achievement.

But, for God's sake don't mess up the contract.
The last thing we need is a repetition of the fiasco over the export of the ALH in Equador. Our enemies will gloat if we fuck things up.

Now the ALH Dhruv is an fine helicopter. Looks aesthetically beautiful and the aircraft has logged lakhs of flying hours successfully in service in the 3 wings of the Armed Forces and even in the Paramilitary. The few accidents that took place are not statistically very significant. All flying aircraft will suffer mishaps when they are flown extensively.

So what went wrong in the Equador deal. Was it fully the fault of HAL and its insufficient service support to the Equador military. (Or was it an victim of an clandestine sabotage operation mounted by an adversarial intelligence agency. To besmirch India's reputation.)

Anyway let's throw out all conspiracy theories. So I guess an Post Mortem of Equador deal must have been done. What were the results. What deficiencies were identified. The appropriate lessons must be learnt.

We certainly don't want a repeat of the problems infesting the proposed LCA mk1a deals with Malaysia and Egypt. We cannot afford to fail. We need to get the formula right.

This is not an attempt to demoralise HAL, but rather hoping that HAL will get its act together and come out with flying colors. Extremely important that we tie up the logistics part and deliver competent service support and supply of spares. I guess performance based logistics would be the norm.

Both of the potential LCA mk1a customers are Islamic nations. There is a possibility that they may be influenced on religious lines. Like reacting to an supposed injustice perpetrated on Muslims in India. An incident in Kashmir maybe. So may be we need to have political and intelligence contacts with a broad spectrum of the administration and the intelligentsia in both these countries. We should possess the ability to influence public opinion in these countries.

It will be an learning process as India is still taking baby steps to become an significant Arms Export nation. Hope that we succeed big.

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
Brother it has no connection whatsoever with edible oil produced in our country, we are a net importer of edible oil. And southeast Asia is a major contributor to our needs. As I have said, it's a win-win situation for both the country and good chance for India to display itself as a net security provider. Bringing ASEAN countries in our defense industrial complex should be the priority.
the destruction and dilution of close community ties among islamic populations around the world is in our interest. we must support any action that makes them lose their religion completely.this deal will help in increasing our influence in malayasia.also communal thinking is good for a country in maintaining unity and acting in a united front.That is why I am suggesting feeding our so called allies the poison of anti communalism so that we can destabilize them and deunify them so that they can never pose a threat to us.

The problem is you think ethnonationalism,racism,communalism is a bad thing based on a liberal foundation when liberalism itself and all its sister ideologies have played a principle part in the europeans' loss of power in relation to other communities and ethnicites.Do you think china which has played a better geopolitical game than india so far will shed their ethnocentricism - A BIG No because they know its power to unify and move forward a country.This is inspite of being an officially communist country.

This deal if it goes through can play a part it posioning the minds of future Malaysian leaders and maybe influencing their decisions to be atleast a little less anti indian on the ground by making them dependent on us

shade

Country flag

Most of that country is, 60% Magaysian natives who have purchased the ummah chummah churan, and 30% Chinese, however anti-India sentiment coming from their govt seems to be a Mahathir only thing, otherwise we wouldn't be considered for this deal at all.

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
Bro, all of us will be very happy if we manage to break into the highly competitive international high performance combat aircraft market. Will be a very significant achievement.

The last thing we need is a repetition of the fiasco over the export of the ALH in Equador. Our enemies will gloat if we fuck things up.

Now the ALH Dhruv is an fine helicopter. Looks aesthetically beautiful and the aircraft has logged lakhs of flying hours successfully in service in the 3 wings of the Armed Forces and even in the Paramilitary. The few accidents that took place are not statistically very significant. All flying aircraft will suffer mishaps when they are flown extensively.

So what went wrong in the Equador deal. Was it fully the fault of HAL and its insufficient service support to the Equador military. (Or was it an victim of an clandestine sabotage operation mounted by an adversarial intelligence agency. To besmirch India's reputation.)

Anyway let's throw out all conspiracy theories. So I guess an Post Mortem of Equador deal must have been done. What were the results. What deficiencies were identified. The appropriate lessons must be learnt.

We certainly don't want a repeat of the problems infesting the proposed LCA mk1a deals with Malaysia and Egypt. We cannot afford to fail. We need to get the formula right.

This is not an attempt to demoralise HAL, but rather hoping that HAL will get its act together and come out with flying colors. Extremely important that we tie up the logistics part and deliver competent service support and supply of spares. I guess performance based logistics would be the norm.

Both of the potential LCA mk1a customers are Islamic nations. There is a possibility that they may be influenced on religious lines. Like reacting to an supposed injustice perpetrated on Muslims in India. An incident in Kashmir maybe. So may be we need to have political and intelligence contacts with a broad spectrum of the administration and the intelligentsia in both these countries. We should possess the ability to influence public opinion in these countries.

It will be an learning process as India is still taking baby steps to become an significant Arms Export nation. Hope that we succeed big.
Agreed for the most part, but if I remember right, the ones Ecuador bought was Dhruv Mk1, which didn't even have a glass cockpit and no Active Vibration Control for the main rotor.
Also, Dhruv has been exported to civilians in Turkey and Peru. Never heard of bad news from that deal. Ecuador also never paid for a local MRO facility, which is not the case in the Malaysian deal. I think we'll be fine. As long as this deal actually gets signed though. The major thing is that this will be the first major weapons export from India, so it should help overcome some of the mental blocks that Indians have regarding Indian weapons quality, although I suspect the foreign dalals will then shift the propaganda from "Tejas useless" to "Tejas useful only thanks to American engine and Israeli avionics, etc."

sakalasiva

Country flag
DO coconut oil and palm oil even fall into same category ??
Rice bran might be a competitor of Palm oil in my knowledge.

Palm oil is used to make fried snack. I dont think companies would like to use coconut oil that has specific fragrance/smell to it.
He is a stupid to compare apples to Oranges and ahead crocodile tears about it.

radion

Country flag
There is no such embarrassment in this. This is normal in defence deals.
I don't know about you but Ive been through enough 'Tejas gets exported to xyz country' to be pessimistic.
I will believe it when the deal gets signed,I've no interest in acting as if it's a done deal.

abingdonboy

Country flag

Just shows how informed they are. Someone actually asked how JF-17 can lose to LCA, clearly they can’t even tell the basics.

But once again the anti-LCA lobby’s talking points (most of which are Indians) are being regurgitated so mission accomplished for them.
Jesus Christ. Just rehashing what HAL’s chairman said. This isn’t breaking news

abingdonboy

Country flag

The Ecuador episode is overused as proof of HAL’s inability to export. To begin with the FAE has a TERRIBLE safety record, they crash just about every type they order in close succession. Don’t forget that the crashes of the ALHs in Ecuador were ruled pilot error and their crash structures actually

Also remember they ordered one of the ALHs as the transport for their president, if they were worried about the machine they’d never have done that.

I’m sure mistakes were made on HAL’s part and it’s undeniable they are rookies in the global export arena and supporting birds on the other side of the world was likely a challenge for them but HAL has come a long way since then and I’m sure they know the lessons that need to be implemented, furthermore since their corporatisation they have the autonomy and dynamism to actually be aggressive in fulfilling customer requests, this will become even more the case if they get serious revenue from a fighter deal. It was only recently that HAL actually started offering PBLs on their products, I’d hope any export customer would be wise enough to exercise such an option , then I’d have no concerns about HAL made products in foreign lands.

Pandora

Country flag
The Ecuador episode is overused as proof of HAL’s inability to export. To begin with the FAE has a TERRIBLE safety record, they crash just about every type they order in close succession. Don’t forget that the crashes of the ALHs in Ecuador were ruled pilot error and their crash structures actually

Also remember they ordered one of the ALHs as the transport for their president, if they were worried about the machine they’d never have done that.

I’m sure mistakes were made on HAL’s part and it’s undeniable they are rookies in the global export arena and supporting birds on the other side of the world was likely a challenge for them but HAL has come a long way since then and I’m sure they know the lessons that need to be implemented, furthermore since their corporatisation they have the autonomy and dynamism to actually be aggressive in fulfilling customer requests, this will become even more the case if they get serious revenue from a fighter deal. It was only recently that HAL actually started offering PBLs on their products, I’d hope any export customer would be wise enough to exercise such an option , then I’d have no concerns about HAL made products in foreign lands.
If am not wrong Ecuador crashed every new platform.

MonaLazy

Most of that country is, 60% Magaysian natives who have purchased the ummah chummah churan, and 30% Chinese, however anti-India sentiment coming from their govt seems to be a Mahathir only thing, otherwise we wouldn't be considered for this deal at all.
At the moment they have a fund crunch - that trumps everything else (largely Chinese ethnicity/Muslimeen bro-ship). India fits in like a glove, only JF-17 could have lowered the offer on cost, dealing with Russia for Mig-35 will be difficult in the current global scene, but it is better to not have an AF than have a cr@ppy one- which is how the Malaysians came to Tejas- a reasonable and well balanced choice. MRO for Tejas+Su30MKM would have been just too much too ignore.

TopWatcher

Country flag
I don't know about you but Ive been through enough 'Tejas gets exported to xyz country' to be pessimistic.
I will believe it when the deal gets signed,I've no interest in acting as if it's a done deal.
In defense deals you have to break lobby or hire lobbyist. India is new in this field, to win deals need to play dirty games.

Vamsi

Country flag

But, I am eagerly waiting for the moment when our Tejas shoots down that Junk Fighter-17 Ladaka Tayyara and , that will be a spectacular moment, my friend.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles