LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

johnj

"Integrated propulsion system"? If this article is to be taken as truth than that would mean that there is a propulsion system variant of Hammer as well. But I myself have checked several pictures of "Hammer" and none of them seem to be having any kind of Rocket motor/propulsion system at the back of the extension kit. If there is a photo of Hammer with any type of propulsion system than please post it here.
"Integrated propulsion system" integrated into range extension kit, its like rocket motor in meteor, I think.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
N-LCA has same fuselage.. I've checked, just the LEVCONs & two bulges on the landing-gear bay needed.
I don't think so that I have said that N-LCA has a different Fuselage? I know that N-LCA has the same Fuselage as other Tejas Variant jets but with a few differences like the LEVCONs as pointed out by you.

By the way, could you please point out "those 2 bulges on the landing gear? because I cannot notice them. Thank you in advance.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Don’t know why but i like n-lca design more the tejas design.
levcons does improve aesthetic appearance + will be improving manoeuvrability aswell as shorter takeoff and landing!
View attachment 154970
pic credit:- @FalconSlayers
I really like this particular picture of an N-LCA! Looks really beautiful in my opinion, especially the one thing that I adore about N-LCA is that "Silverish grey" which looks beautiful from my POV.

Here is a picture of Naval LCA Tejas from Airlines.Net :-
4246867.jpg

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
I don't think so that I have said that N-LCA has a different Fuselage? I know that N-LCA has the same Fuselage as other Tejas Variant jets but with a few differences like the LEVCONs as pointed out by you.

By the way, could you please point out "those 2 bulges on the landing gear? because I cannot notice them. Thank you in advance.
Because I used to think that the nose-cone droop exists in only that... turns out, no trainers have the same shaping.

Watch the landing-gear bay here. As the landing-gear is different & folds forward, it needs to be bulged to accommodate the wheels.

SKC

Country flag
I really like this particular picture of an N-LCA! Looks really beautiful in my opinion, especially the one thing that I adore about N-LCA is that "Silverish grey" which looks beautiful from my POV.

Here is a picture of Naval LCA Tejas from Airlines.Net :-
View attachment 155015
Fit and Finish of Our planes is similar level to US ones marginally better than EU ones and whole lot better than Russian's.

Even Indian maintained Mig-21, Mig-29 and Su-30MKIs looks far better than the same from Russian AF.

EU makes better cars than US but US makes better Planes than EU. India lies in between in both sector.

Photon

Country flag
Not just his lecture, but the lecture by Grp Cpt Prabhu on the development of the IFR for the Tejas is also amazing in the level of content presented. Thanks for sharing this.
Yes its by mistake and i tried to edit after posting but not possible...true, that was an excellent lecture on how we achieved air to air refueling technology!!!
Link for that lecture?
Please watch above video completely from beginning..

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Don’t know why but i like n-lca design more the tejas design.
levcons does improve aesthetic appearance + will be improving manoeuvrability aswell as shorter takeoff and landing!
View attachment 154970
pic credit:- @FalconSlayers
sometimes I wish they cd have taken this as baseline for mk1A development, with extra control surface in the form of LEVCONs

only draw back is a bit excess weight, due to extra length , whether that wd hv been mitigated by better compliance to area rule with reduced drag??? Only experts know

Global Defence

New threads

Articles