LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Gandaberunda

Country flag
The deal only gets finished when they're "delivered". One may take 1000 pics of in flight SPs but unless they are delivered to IAF, no job is completed my friend.
Imagine buying a car and getting pics of it performing at peoduction site rather than getting the car delivered itself.
Okay...the deal only gets finished when they're "Delivered". So if IAF doesn't take delivery then the deal isn't finished according to you?
There were 16 dhruv Helicopters cleared to deliver lying idol in HAL complex for more than 6 months because IAF didn't have hangers to park them in its base. So here deal isn't finished as copters are in HAL complex ?

FalconZero

Country flag
So .. that makes it 6 FOC Tejas to have completed first flight..🥳
Acc to Idranil 7th is going to be in the air soon enough, which means despite the pandemic HAL is well within on track. Yes they can speed up from here and deliver the remaining FOC ones by Mar'22. (8/9 of them) which is good enough.

After that twin seaters 8 in first order and 10 from the new mk1a deal so a total of 18 will need to be delivered in I guess 1 year + (depending on which line they are using they can parallel produce twin-seater and mk1a).

Whitecollar

Country flag
Okay...the deal only gets finished when they're "Delivered". So if IAF doesn't take delivery then the deal isn't finished according to you?
There were 16 dhruv Helicopters cleared to deliver lying idol in HAL complex for more than 6 months because IAF didn't have hangers to park them in its base. So here deal isn't finished as copters are in HAL complex ?
Chill dude. I had already said that this is my opinion in my previous posts. Anyways, if IAF gives HAL additional brownie points for storing finished consignments, then I guess it's a win win for both of them. There may be lots of other issues as to why those helis were not picked up when enemies are at the gate and probably classified.
Same issue will not be with Tejas as Mig 21s are still falling off the skies causing heavy casualties of our honoured skilled pilots, plane themselves and crash area. Both have different priority is what I'm trying to tell.

Gandaberunda

Country flag
Chill dude. I had already said that this is my opinion in my previous posts. Anyways, if IAF gives HAL additional brownie points for storing finished consignments, then I guess it's a win win for both of them. There may be lots of other issues as to why those helis were not picked up when enemies are at the gate and probably classified.
Same issue will not be with Tejas as Mig 21s are still falling off the skies causing heavy casualties of our honoured skilled pilots, plane themselves and crash area. Both have different priority is what I'm trying to tell.
I don't think IAF is on a emergency mode to fill it's inventory with Tejas though the squadrons are dwindling. Yes Tejas is Mig21 replacement and so the order is placed to fill in numbers and manufacturing schedule is fixed. If HAL sticks to its promised schedule then IAF will be more than happy for schedule to be met and that schedule may include delivery of jets in a bunch or single jet (HAL IAF closely involved in manufacturing).
We ain't in war footing to just go desperate one jet is flown today and Inducted Tomorrow. Also with Tejas old squadrons are resurrected based on Tejas Induction schedule like flying daggers and flying bullets all these things takes time and going as per plan. Even Rafales are coming in batches and new squadrons ( old names) being raised when jets are about to received .

Aman kumar

Country flag
Acc to Idranil 7th is going to be in the air soon enough, which means despite the pandemic HAL is well within on track. Yes they can speed up from here and deliver the remaining FOC ones by Mar'22. (8/9 of them) which is good enough.

After that twin seaters 8 in first order and 10 from the new mk1a deal so a total of 18 will need to be delivered in I guess 1 year + (depending on which line they are using they can parallel produce twin-seater and mk1a).
I don’t think Hal can produce 10 lca in year 21-22... after that they will need another 1.5 to 2 years to produce 16 twin seater... so they have atleast 3.5 years before mk1a starts delivery... hope they don’t screw this up...

Abdus Salem killed

I don't think IAF is on a emergency mode to fill it's inventory with Tejas though the squadrons are dwindling. Yes Tejas is Mig21 replacement and so the order is placed to fill in numbers and manufacturing schedule is fixed. If HAL sticks to its promised schedule then IAF will be more than happy for schedule to be met and that schedule may include delivery of jets in a bunch or single jet (HAL IAF closely involved in manufacturing).
We ain't in war footing to just go desperate one jet is flown today and Inducted Tomorrow. Also with Tejas old squadrons are resurrected based on Tejas Induction schedule like flying daggers and flying bullets all these things takes time and going as per plan. Even Rafales are coming in batches and new squadrons ( old names) being raised when jets are about to received .
Can you do a comparison of Uttam Aesa with others

Lost user

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

So, only the 10 twin seaters from mk1a deal to have AESA.. etc.. the first 8 twin seaters will be foc .. right?

ketaki

Country flag

i dont have a twitter account (4/5 suspended already)...can somebody please ask the good person tweeted above to correct the info in his infographics...and if possible provide KH-XXXX, TD-XXXX, LA-XXXX numbers also in the same?

"
(SP/LA-50XX) 01 to 16= 1st Squadron of LCA tejas all single seater(IOC II standard)
(SP/LA-50XX) 17, 18 onwards till 32= 2nd Squadron of LCA tejas all single seater (FOC standard)

SP-17 was referred as SP-21 earlier (i dont know why, may be they were hoping SP-17 to 20 to be 1st Squadron trainers but that was cancelled)

so SP-21,22,23,24,25,26... are now (SP/LA-50XX) 17,18,19,20,21,22...

total 8 MK1 tejas trainers are planned namely LA-5201 to LA-5208

dont know about 83 MK1A sr. numbers
MK1A tejas trainers will be LA-5209 onwards(probably)
"

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag

i dont have a twitter account (4/5 suspended already)...can somebody please ask the good person tweeted above to correct the info in his infographics...and if possible provide KH-XXXX, TD-XXXX, LA-XXXX numbers also in the same?

"
(SP/LA-50XX) 01 to 16= 1st Squadron of LCA tejas all single seater(IOC II standard)
(SP/LA-50XX) 17, 18 onwards till 32= 2nd Squadron of LCA tejas all single seater (FOC standard)

SP-17 was referred as SP-21 earlier (i dont know why, may be they were hoping SP-17 to 20 to be 1st Squadron trainers but that was cancelled)

"
No the info graphics is correct. Sp-17, 18,19,20 are to be trainers of 45th Sq...

Deadtrap

Country flag

"

"
what’s up with 16 Aircraft of TD, PV, LSP etc? Are those still with HAL?

Killbot

Country flag
what’s up with 16 Aircraft of TD, PV, LSP etc? Are those still with HAL?
Yeah. HAL is looking to offload the LSPs. And the rest too, I reckon. Thay need only a few units for testing. Some members have said that SL would be a good customer for the LSPs.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles