LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
You can't get an STR value from a turn that's not complete......🤦🏻‍♂️
No offence, but you saying some words don't make it true (You seem to not know that max-rate-turn requires to be atleast 270°)... Plus I didn't claim any STR value. Just pointed out the turn rate achieved in available footage. That's how observation works.

Anyways back to the original contended point;
We have footage of Tejas doing multiple sustained loops & turns at rates that hasn't ever been matched, or superceded (rarely even attempted) by F-16 or Gripen in any of their demonstration, at any speed or altitude. So logically... as per publicly avaliable evidence... Tejas's sustained turn rate is atleast equal, if not superior... to both of them.

Simple deduction.

You wanna claim otherwise?.. You know what do. GET. EVIDENCE.

Last edited:

Emperor Kalki

Country flag
No offence, but you saying something don't make it true.
Plus it didn't claim any STR value, I just pointed out turn-rates at demonstrated sustained turns by LCA.

Anyways back to the original contened point... We have footage of Tejas doing multiple sustained loops & turns at rates that haven't ever been superceded by F-16 or Gripen (rarely even attempted) in any demonstration... at any speed, at any height. Thus as per publicly avaliable evidence, Tejas's sustained turn rate is atleast equal, if not superior tip both.

You wanna claim otherwise?.. You know what do. GET. EVIDENCE.
What are you even talking about, I can't see tejas doing any manoeuvre superior to viper or gripen in any airshow.....these multiple turn, loop talk is just BS and nothing else.
There is nothing superior in any of those.
But whatever, i can do nothing else, if you choose not to listen to reason.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
There is nothing superior in any of those.
But whatever, i can do nothing else, if you choose not to listen to reason.
What you presented are empty words, that have no weight.

Evidence. Get them.

I've presented some videos. Get yours & share timestamps of Viper or Gripen performing them in better timing (I'll even take any speed, any altitude. Just let's see them do better).

Take them on one by one.

Start with 180° instantaneous turn... Then 270° max rate turn... Then 360° turn... Then multiple loop and/or towns of you can find any (you won't, they can't do it without making a fool of themselves).

Go try. Should be easy, eh?

Spitfire9

Country flag
Something from the conclusion of the article:

The Tejas has been flying around for the last 20 years without a single accident. This is a rare, if not unprecedented, occurrence in military flight testing.
Yes, excellent safety record.

We are standing at a crossroads again. We can either make provisions to accelerate and stabilize the Tejas’s production and reap the benefits of manufacturing at scale, or fall back on the tired old lure of “license production” and “transfer of technology”.
How many times have I heard that Tejas production capacity would rise from 8 to 16 in the last 6/7/8 years without it happening? A grand total of <25 Tejas have been delivered since series production started many years ago. That is simply ridiculous.

On the Tejas’s shoulder stands the coming of age of India’s military aviation industrial complex. On its maturity, lies the future of not only fighter programs like the MWF, the twin-engined deck based fighter (TEDBF), the Omni Role Combat Aircraft (ORCA) and the AMCA, but also trainers and unmanned aerial vehicles.
I go along with that but I would say that vast changes are needed for any other project to be executed successfully.

If the Indian military aerospace sector is to become a success, it would be very helpful if government approval for projects and orders was far less complex and time consuming. Unfortunately I do not see the GOI changing the way it does things simply to enable commerce to be more successful. How long did I read that a Tejas Mk1A order was imminent?

If the Indian military aerospace sector is to become a success, a lot more investment is needed - dreaming that you can create a half decent jet engine from a standing start for $300 million or so is just fooling yourself. What was the GE/RR F136 engine (for F-35) scheduled to cost to develop by 2 of the world's most experienced and knowlegeable gas turbine producers? Around $4 billion.

I could carry on but, my apologies, I do not have the time just now.

Emperor Kalki

Country flag
Something from the conclusion of the article:

Yes, excellent safety record.

How many times have I heard that Tejas production capacity would rise from 8 to 16 in the last 6/7/8 years without it happening? A grand total of <25 Tejas have been delivered since series production started many years ago. That is simply ridiculous.

I go along with that but I would say that vast changes are needed for any other project to be executed successfully.

If the Indian military aerospace sector is to become a success, it would be very helpful if government approval for projects and orders was far less complex and time consuming. Unfortunately I do not see the GOI changing the way it does things simply to enable commerce to be more successful. How long did I read that a Tejas Mk1A order was imminent?

If the Indian military aerospace sector is to become a success, a lot more investment is needed - dreaming that you can create a half decent jet engine from a standing start for $300 million or so is just fooling yourself. What was the GE/RR F136 engine (for F-35) scheduled to cost to develop by 2 of the world's most experienced and knowlegeable gas turbine producers? Around $4 billion.

I could carry on but, my apologies, I do not have the time just now.
Who denied any of this.....that link was shared more as a reference/fact check tool for the previous article which had some incorrect data about tejas....
That's all.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Accha? 😑 Bhai, go read the posts on the thread. This has more info than BRF now. For what, if noone bothers to read them?
People are talking over how the Mirage upgrades alone are costlier than brand new Tejas & you're saying stuff like these^!

Now the technical question...

Mirage-2000 is obviously larger & has more payload than Tejas. But also has more than 3 times radar cross-section.

Mica is older & inferior than Astra, but it has a IR guided version. However ASRAAM of Tejas Mark1A is superior to Mica-IR.

Mirage-2000 also has Spice-1/2000 series integrated to it. Tejas's CATS Hunter, Nirbhay-ALCM, RudraM-2 aren't ready/operational yet. But Gaurav & Gautham are both superior & waiting integration with Tejas. SAAW is also available to Tejas.

Oh, and Tejas got jam-proof AESA rrada, with longer range & clarity.

All things being said MICA isn't inferior but expensive. Also it has TVC range 80 km .

The EM/RF version lacks AESA radar which will be covered in MICA NG also range.

Coming back to cost of Mirage upgrade vs Tejas. Well we all know it was a corrupt deal at that point of time new mig 29 upg was available for 28-30 mn a piece.

Spitfire9

Country flag
Coming back to cost of Mirage upgrade vs Tejas. Well we all know it was a corrupt deal at that point of time new mig 29 upg was available for 28-30 mn a piece.
Would that not result in Dassault being blacklisted? Something of a problem since they make a fighter called Rafale;

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
From the Aero India booklet. It seems the FOC and/or Mark1A empty weight has increased by few quintals, payload increased to near 4tons... Calculated MTOW now more than 14000kg!
Screenshot_20210216_215838.jpg

All things being said MICA isn't inferior...
It's 30 years older... It'd be a safe assumption (especially as we operate it & would be a performance benchmark). Astra comfortably outranges it by 35km & outruns by 0.5M

Flying Dagger

Country flag
From the Aero India booklet. It seems the FOC and/or Mark1A empty weight has increased by few quintals, payload increased to near 4tons... Calculated MTOW now more than 14000kg!View attachment 78551

It's 30 years older... It'd be a safe assumption (especially as we operate it & would be a performance benchmark). Astra comfortably outranges it by 35km & outruns by 0.5M
Mid altitude range of Astra is also 80km the 110 km is high altitude range.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Mid altitude range of Astra is also 80km the 110 km is high altitude range.
Wow. That's secret technical info. What's your source for this?.. BTW how do you know if Mica's 80km max range is high.alt or not?

Anyways I mentioned that this is the combo with ASRAAM that makes Tejas' missile package better... Unless Mirage-2000 gets Meteor it can't hope to match.

Last edited:

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
Why is abhijit against tejas, porkies and chinnis are shouting on his name.
Any idea
He is a known dalal of America. He has been promoting F-16 since ages and denigrating the capabilities of Tejas and Su-30mki.

His argument is Su-30 mki has a jammer behind radar. So jammer and radar cannot work together. That is the most Ridiculous thing I have heard.

Ironic is the fact that he did a episode on the youtube channel of Abinav Prakash where he is giving a clean chit to himself and saying he's not a Lockheed Martin Dalal.

Last edited:

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
He thinks of himself as a huge devil's advocate! I have heard his points & he brings up some value shortcomings (albeit blown out of proportion & often clearly with no further research age rating some paid articles)... but according to him the way to overcome those are not further R&D towards MWF, instead ToTing his favourite toy.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles