LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Guys from last info only one foc was with flying bullets

But it's not economical to operationlise one aircraft in forward airforce bases.....

My thoughts atleast 2 foc.....and some ioc are deployed there .......

Saichand K

Country flag
I think HAL Tejas IOC might be used for A2G role in the western front. Is Tejas IOC equipped for handling Pakistan threat ? It has R-73 and Derby baseline version (not ER). Still dont understand the logic behind this step.

cannonfodder

Country flag
^^ Good news.. some Mirages/Sukhoi's should have been freed up for eastern sector (defence).
When is HAL delivering next FOC version AC.. any news if they have resumed operations?

daya

Country flag
IOC aur FOC ka game chalta rahega, IA IAF roj upgrade mangti rahegi, jo mangna chahiye bhi... lekin govt ko seedha ek direction dena chahiye ki jo gun, AC, Tank taiyar hai usko deploy karen... tweeking aur upgradation dheere dheere hota rahega.. Varna cheel ka moot jaisa haal hoga... koi bhi indigenous product na kabhi poori tarah se taiyar hoga aur na hi kabhi IA IAF ke upgrade poore ho payenge.. Doosra jis level par bhi deri hoti hai us institute/department ke head ko sack karen.. otherwise yahan bada afsar tenure poora karta hai.. Usko HAG ka time scale aur next posting dikhai deti hai..

Tupac slayer

Country flag
Induction of every New HAL Tejas Aircraft will sharpen the sword of Indian Airforce, Every single new Induction of Aircraft means Pakistan Air force will be stretched additionally in terms of flying sorties, maintenance. If Tejas was inducted in forward airforce bases we could use it to attack terrorist launch pads from stand off distance, missiles should be fired from Indian Territory, Thus avoiding the danger of getting shot down over Pakistan. Will Tejas aircraft can be fitted with spice bombs?

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Induction of every New HAL Tejas Aircraft will sharpen the sword of Indian Airforce, Every single new Induction of Aircraft means Pakistan Air force will be stretched additionally in terms of flying sorties, maintenance. If Tejas was inducted in forward airforce bases we could use it to attack terrorist launch pads from stand off distance, missiles should be fired from Indian Territory, Thus avoiding the danger of getting shot down over Pakistan. Will Tejas aircraft can be fitted with spice bombs?
Tejas can be fitted with Brahmos but they’re are not as cheap as scalp but it can be utilised to hit high value targets jabbatop was high value target

LondonParisTokyo

Country flag
Tejas contract needs to be signed yesterday. Mk1A, with production starting sooner than 2021. The slow pace of Indian bureaucracy surprises the crap out of me. How is this even tolerable?

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Tejas contract needs to be signed yesterday. Mk1A, with production starting sooner than 2021. The slow pace of Indian bureaucracy surprises the crap out of me. How is this even tolerable?
As we know, it'll be 2021 to incorporate & test all the new tech in LSP-8 & LSP-?

I found out as long as the deal is signed in 2020, there won't be delays. Anytime before that aint make a difference.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles