LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

vayuu1

Country flag
My main question is how close are we in developing key technology like hot engine technology, which probably is the most critical part,engine kab aayega desi, if engines gets ready rest assured you'll see all projects speed up considerably

vishnugupt

Country flag
Finally, The world can see the stepmotherly behavior of IAF
IAF is such a dishonest spoiled cry baby that a blind person can see how much they are disowning Su30mki, Tejas, or any other aircraft in its inventory, just to praise Rafale. Kick back money has made them to openly say Su30mki 3rd generation, 2 SU-30mki vs F-16. God save this country from such a dishonest airforce. bloody beggers

Varun794

Country flag
Sure.. HAL can crank out Tejas.. maybe a few months delay but they will make it.

the real question is:

" deal sign hoga kya? "
This is the main problem tbh
How do you expect a Company to mass produce jets when the airforce cannot even place an order for 84 Mk1A and atleast give a guarantee of future purchase of MK2.
Economics of scale naam ki koi cheez hoti bhi hai ki nahi bc

doreamon

Country flag
Next big thing for airforce aftr rafale be i think super sukhoi program . Is there a timeline for that ?

GSridhar

Country flag
It is very sad to see that indigenous products are put on hold to get imported items with much fanfare. How will India become a developed nation with such an attitude? When will we come out of the shackles of imports?

LondonParisTokyo

Country flag
It is very sad to see that indigenous products are put on hold to get imported items with much fanfare. How will India become a developed nation with such an attitude? When will we come out of the shackles of imports?
The current Minister of Defense grew up admiring Russia. He even now runs to Russia whenever things go awry. Somebody with a brain needs to be in charge. And balls.

Tupac slayer

Country flag
That's true but I don't think there will be any other with similar calibre as the most honourable Mr. Parrikar and that's plain sad to me:confused1:
Modi should have retained Manohar Parrikar as Defence Minister, Even if it means losing Goa. We lost a good defence minister who was initiating various good things to reform the MOD. If Manohar Parrikar was there, we would have already start receiving Tejas MK1 and retired Mig-21.

vayuu1

Country flag
That's true but I don't think there will be any other with similar calibre as the most honourable Mr. Parrikar and that's plain sad to me:confused1:
Pardon me but what's ur take on say either jaishankar or v.k singh, as one has been a diplomat no how the babu system work and the other is an ex army man

Tupac slayer

Country flag
Finally, The world can see the stepmotherly behavior of IAF
IAF is such a dishonest spoiled cry baby that a blind person can see how much they are disowning Su30mki, Tejas, or any other aircraft in its inventory, just to praise Rafale. Kick back money has made them to openly say Su30mki 3rd generation, 2 SU-30mki vs F-16. God save this country from such a dishonest airforce. bloody beggers

Indian Airforce wanted around 150 to 250 Rafales, They were firm they wanted rafales or no aircraft at all, They thought political leadership may accept their request, If squadron strength falls beyond certain threshold, Indian Airforce would have accepted Tejas, If AK Antony was too weak to confront Indian Airforce.

Adrian Corvus

Country flag
Pardon me but what's ur take on say either jaishankar or v.k singh, as one has been a diplomat no how the babu system work and the other is an ex army man
I think Jaishankar does a really good job at diplomacy so I like him as the external affairs minister can't say the same if he is in the defence sector cause we haven't seen it, but I guess he will be far better than the current. About V.K Singh, I don't really have any opinion on him...

dumdumdum

Country flag
Modi should have retained Manohar Parrikar as Defence Minister, Even if it means losing Goa. We lost a good defence minister who was initiating various good things to reform the MOD. If Manohar Parrikar was there, we would have already start receiving Tejas MK1 and retired Mig-21.
We did not lose Parikkar to Goa, we lost him to Cancer. Mr Parikkar had asked for lesser workload given his health condition. Goa was a good compromise. Solved Modi's problem gave Parikkar a respite

Global Defence

New threads

Articles