Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
So basically TN does not want nuclear power plants right. It is shoved to there throats, But interestingly they kept sleeping for years, and now all song and dance is going on
i have already explained all the reasons for the delay so have the others. Even DMK supporters are not criticizing her on this, meaning even they understand the situation better. So i am not gonna reply for your questions, as you are not ready to read my replies.

So for all your posts regarding the mishandling by JJ, here is my only answer--------- :facepalm:

Last edited:

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Yes it is. It's a $hit that should be handled by the central govt because it is the central govt that set it up. Why don't you ask the very capable MMS or SG to take care of this issue, are they not very apt for it, according to you ?
BTW , all you have been doing here is TROLLING, if it was anyone else I m sure all the posts would have been deleted earlier.
So you are saying that TN does not wanted the nuclear power plant right? Anf TN was blissfully sleeping till the plant came up. Why don't TN declares that it will not used nuclear power at all. Blaming central government for ineptness of state government's in handling law and order problem is trolling

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Parijataka is almost right, you are the one running the thread off topic.

you are welcome to report this too.
Are you trying to increase your post count :D

In a way you accept that State government is playing politics instead of helping to sort out the problem right?

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
i have already explained all the reasons for the delay so have the others. Even DMK supporters are not criticizing her on this, meaning even they understand the situation better. So i am not gonna reply for your questions, as you are not ready to read my replies.

So for all your posts regarding the mishandling by JJ, here is my only answer--------- :facepalm:
This JJ worshiping is really funny, come what may JJ is right only, like she is some sort of absolute or what, you guys are lie ing repeatedly. The Hindu : News / National : Why is State government mum on anti-Kudankulam stir?: Karunanidhi

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Dont be so thick. There has been no reported cases of violence,manhandling or destruction of public property serious enough to warrant a crackdown on the protestors. Or is that you are imagining such things and projecting them as reality ?
The bold part :rofl: ridiculous attempt to justify sleeping of state government

To make you understand running a state is not like running an online forum. YOu cannot run a state at your whims and fancies.
So you have problem with how this forum is run. Again this thread is not for your whining

YOu dont know what you are talking and is too proud to accept that. As simple as that.
You are too proud to accept that you are not seeing any logic

Do you read English or not ? Read my previous posts why the protests started again after being peaceful for long time.
What difference it makes, the protests stopped, because they were not for the right cause. And people were ok with the plant? Otherwise there was no reason for protests to stop

Oh my GOD ! they formed human chains, staged road rokos etc to prevent the workers from reaching there. Perfectly acceptable form of protests.

- From TOI.

This is why I said you know sh!t about the protests and is just ranting here about how everyone is wrong and only you are correct.
So why can't police stop them from distubing the work? Only because state government was busy in playing politics rather then sorting out the issue? Right.

I am saying as long as the protestors do not indulge in vandalism (which they have not till now) and the organizations that support the protest are legal (which they were till now) the state govt cant do anything to stifle the protests. Democracy for noobs 101.
Another ridiculous attempt to justify inept handling by state government. The protesters stop people from going to work create communal disharmony, and state government sleeps. May be in your definition of democracy governments are only for sleeping. But that is not the case. Democracy for noobs 101

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
^^^Duh!!! In a democracy, people can even protest for legalising corruption and as long as it is peaceful, you cant take action against it, period!!!

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
^^^Duh!!! In a democracy, people can even protest for legalising corruption and as long as it is peaceful, you cant take action against it, period!!!
What's the point?

ps: for example sake please go through the post number 28 on page 2 of this thread, if this is peaceful according to you, then you have some weird set of imagination

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
What's the point?

ps: for example sake please go through the post number 28 on page 2 of this thread, if this is peaceful according to you, then you have some weird set of imagination
HMMMM she is engaged in vote bank politics to kiss the ***** of a particular community here and so she dint want to crack it down prematurely without making the TN people very angry about the Protesters first.... Happy now....???? So much political correctness and now finally i have to become communal by speaking out the truth as always..... And frankly she does not trust the Tamil Hindu voters...

Last time she introduced a Bill against forced conversion by missionaries and allied herself with BJP, Guess what happened???? She dint get even a single MP seat...... Now I know many secular friends here are asking for a similar bill to outlaw the missionaries too without being labelled communal (i can give thousand examples for that in this same forum)

But all my other reasons are true too... As i said TN voters are very gullible......

As parijataka said, silent identity politics in TN... So if you dont know about it please keep quite.....

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Project cost up by Rs 2,600 cr, indefinite delay

The impasse over the Koodankulam nuclear power project is costing the country dear. With the near-complete project being blocked by activists and protestors, latest estimates show an escalation of Rs 2,653 crore in the cost of completion.

Amid continuing protests at the site, the commercial operation date of the first of the two units of the 2,000 MWe (mega watt electrical) atomic power project in Tamil Nadu, which was to be originally commissioned in December 2011, has now been put off indefinitely. Earlier, the deadline was pushed back by three months to March 2012, and then to May 2012 by state-owned Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd (NPCIL), which is executing the project with Russian assistance. The NPCIL website now shows a blank in front of the scheduled commercial operation date for the project.

The estimated project cost was originally pegged at Rs 13,171 crore. "The cost is now expected to be Rs 15,824 crore. The project is expected to be completed in the course of the next fiscal, though the dates are still uncertain," said an official involved in the exercise.

Experts point out that while the commissioning of the project is being thwarted amid escalating costs, a bankrupt Tamil Nadu Electricity Board, the biggest potential gainer from the project, is struggling to buy costly power from the spot market to meet the current demand.

The first Koodankulam unit, which deploys a Russian 'VVER-1000' series reactor, is 99.2 per cent complete, while the second unit is 94.6 per cent complete.

With both the units at advanced stages of commissioning, several reactor and auxiliary systems have been made functional. These systems require some minimum maintenance. Efforts are underway, in consultation with the district authorities, to ensure that personnel required for carrying out the minimum maintenance are able to go to the plant.

While the design and supply of major equipment fall in the Russian domain, the construction, installation of equipment, commissioning and some of the supplies and equipment are being undertaken by the Indian side. Atomstroyexport JSC, a state-owned Russian nuclear engineering company, is supplying components, equipment and services, at a cost of $1,812 million, a part of which is covered by Russian credit to the Government of India.

Project cost up by Rs 2,600 cr, indefinite delay - Indian Express

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
HMMMM she is engaged in vote bank politics to kiss the ***** of a particular community here and so she dint want to crack it down prematurely without making the TN people very angry about the Protesters first.... Happy now....???? So much political correctness and now finally i have to become communal by speaking out the truth as always..... And frankly she does not trust the Tamil Hindu voters...

Last time she introduced a Bill against forced conversion by missionaries and allied herself with BJP, Guess what happened???? She dint get even a single MP seat...... Now I know many secular friends here are asking for a similar bill to outlaw the missionaries too without being labelled communal (i can give thousand examples for that in this same forum)

But all my other reasons are true too... As i said TN voters are very gullible......

As parijataka said, silent identity politics in TN... So if you dont know about it please keep quite.....
We should keep quite and let the charade run, and you can continue your JJ worshiping. In fact you are blaming TN people instead of Jj this is as funny as it can goes. Something like JJ is absolute, and TN people are stopping her, but hang on, isn't TN voted her? This ridiculing of people for sake JJ worshiping is pathetic

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
ok more hangama to follow now:

Dravidian parties have lost the plot : MC Rajan News - India Today

Viswamitra to take on nuke plant

In the Ramayan, sage Viswamitra eliminated demons through his disciples - Ram and Lakshman. Now, his devotees will be asking him to take on the nuke plant at Koodankulam. In order to dispel the perception that it is the Church which is behind the anti-nuke campaign, the leaders spearheading the protest have decided to perform a mass- ritual in the Viswamitra temple at nearby Vijayapathy.

Next week, women would take out a procession of carrying milk-pots to seek his intercession in this issue and save them from the plant. Considered as a powerful deity in the region, people flock to the shrine mostly with petitions to protect them from enemies and evil spirits. Significantly, this is the only shrine for the famed sage in the south. "This would prove that the movement is broad based and help counter the propaganda against us," says M Pushpa Rayan of the People's Movement Against Nuclear Energy. Also, this would provide an opportunity for the local populace to go into a festive mood as there has been no celebration since they launched the stir.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Viswamitra puja now. :frusty:

This is getting on my nerves. How can we ever progress like this?

What the government needs to do is, make a list of all protestors and cut off power to all protestors and their families, 24 hours a day. Let them have no power, let them live a stone age lifestyle. Let the government say that the power will be diverted to other needy families. Instead of giving these protestors their quota of 15 hours power, give other families in the nearby villages little more than their quota - give them 16 hours instead of 15.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
We should keep quite and let the charade run, and you can continue your JJ worshiping. In fact you are blaming TN people instead of Jj this is as funny as it can goes. Something like JJ is absolute, and TN people are stopping her, but hang on, isn't TN voted her? This ridiculing of people for sake JJ worshiping is pathetic
Ya ya i am a JJ worshipper who knows nothing about my own backyard politics and the current situation... happy now????

No one here has asked a question why was the CONgi govt so silent on Missionary and NGO(they are synonymous if you had not understood what we meant) till now but all of you are bashing JJ... This is what is irritating...

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Ya ya i am a JJ worshipper who knows nothing about my own backyard politics and the current situation... happy now????

No one here has asked a question why was the CONgi govt so silent on Missionary and NGO(they are synonymous if you had not understood what we meant) till now but all of you are bashing JJ... This is what is irritating...
I am only saying that JJ instead of doing anything to help to sort out the issue, is playing politics. The electricity issue is a big issue, and peoplpe want to get rid of power cuts. But JJ only to needle central government is doing nothing

plugwater

JJ is clueless. I guess she is still weeping over her lost friend. She promised lesser power cuts but she has only increased it. 4 hours to 8 hours now in southern districts of TN.

She is going down in next LS election for sure, no wonder congress is still with DMK!!

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
JJ is clueless. I guess she is still weeping over her lost friend. She promised lesser power cuts but she has only increased it. 4 hours to 8 hours now in southern districts of TN.

She is going down in next LS election for sure, no wonder congress is still with DMK!!
With or without KNPP power situation will resolve in 2013-thats what she promised and it is on course, within one and a half years. IF she goes down, it will be for the electricity charge and bus fare hike, nothing else. As i said before We Tamils vote in a funny way:p

balai_c

4 NGOs behind N plant stir got Rs 36 crore from abroad

The four non-governmental organisations (NGOs) being probed for links with the protests against the Kundankulam nuclear plant received no less than Rs 36.37 crore as foreign donations from 2006 to 2011 even as 16 other NGOs have come under the scanner of the Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act,or FCRA.

The People's Movement Against Nuclear Energy is not on the list of NGOs being investigated for alleged FCRA violations but its coordinator SP Udayakumar is part of a resource network of one of the NGOs having received funds from Sweden.
------------------- ----------------------------------------- -----------------------

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles