Kashmir conflict-India should act now?

Son of Govinda

Are u really that retarded? Did i ever mention christian consipiracy?? why are u pathetically insecure as to take stupid inferences from my statements? When i said to show a non-christian head of the state, it meant to compare the true secular credentials of India and the nations u heap praises upon. retarded question u say?? how so? how come i am superficial and rigid when u can't even dare to go beyond your limited circle to think abt the question i asked, let alone answer it? I have no intention to live in la la land. That's why i stay away from Canada :taunt1:

I will give you one more thing to think if u claim uare not rigid and superficial. If it's a complex issue of immigration and integration for a majority single language, single religion countries, how come india with 3 out of the top 10 languages and a country with highest number of people of 2 major religions with several indegenious religions combined together is just a RSS trouble creation but not complex enough? :confused:
You talk way too much, and say way too little. You're a waste of time have a nice day sir....

Oracle

No solution from outside on Kashmir: Obama

WASHINGTON: Ruling out any solution from "outside" to the issue of Jammu and Kashmir, US President Barack Obama on Sunday underlined that disputes between India and Pakistan can only be resolved by the two countries themselves.

Welcoming the Indo-Pak dialogue process, he said, "it is not the place of any nation, including the United States, to try to impose solutions from the outside.

IBSA

Country flag
India army kills Pakistan soldier in Kashmir - Pakistan army

By Mubasher Bukhari

ISLAMABAD | Sun Jan 6, 2013 9:11pm IST

(Reuters) - A Pakistani soldier was killed and another injured in a gunfight between Indian and Pakistani troops in Kashmir on Sunday, a disputed incident that could heighten tensions between the nuclear neighbours after a period of rapprochement.

The Pakistani army said Indian troops had raided their Sawan Patra checkpost in Kashmir, a hotly contested area both countries claim as their own. The Indian military denied its soldiers had attacked a Pakistani position.

"Pakistan army troops effectively responded and repulsed the attack," a Pakistani army spokesman said in a statement.

The two sides then exchanged fire across the Line of Control, an internationally recognised line in Kashmir patrolled by troops from both countries, he said.

Indian army spokesman Colonel Jagadish Dahiya said Indian troops had not crossed the Line of Control. "However, there was a ceasefire violation by Pakistan. Our troops retaliated by firing," Dahiya said.

"None of our troops crossed the Line of Control. We have no casualties or injuries."

Another spokesman for the Indian army said its post at Churuda, 100 km (62 miles) northwest of Srinagar, came under "unprovoked" heavy mortar and automatic gun fire for about five hours early on Sunday.

"We did retaliate," Colonel Rajesh Kalia said.

There were more than 75 ceasefire violations along the Line of Control in 2012, killing eight people. Most of the violations were exchanges of fire between the two sides.

India and Pakistan have fought three wars since 1947, when they became independent from Britain. The two countries share many similarities in language and culture, though most of Pakistan's citizens are Muslim and most of India's Hindu.

Kashmir, and the human rights abuses committed there by Indian troops, is a politically explosive issue in Pakistan. Pakistani security forces have long trained militant groups to attack Indian soldiers.

The two countries fought their most recent war in 1999, when Pakistani troops crossed the Line of Control and occupied Indian territory in Kargil, but were forced to withdraw.

TENSION OVERSPILL

After a period of quiet, relations between the two countries nosedived again in 2008, when a militant squad rampaged through Mumbai, killing 166 people. India accused Pakistan of sheltering the masterminds behind the attack, charges that Pakistan denies.

The two countries have been slowly repairing relations in recent months. In November, India executed Ajmal Kasab, the last surviving perpetrator of the Mumbai attack.

Last month the two countries signed a deal designed to ease visa restrictions for some citizens to travel between the two countries.

Tension between the two countries has also spilled over into nearby Afghanistan, which borders Pakistan. India offers military and economic aid there, but many Pakistanis fear this is an attempt to lessen Pakistan's influence.

The United States has repeatedly urged Pakistan to move against al Qaeda and militant havens along its Afghan border. Pakistan says it does not have enough troops because so many of them are patrolling the border with India.

Some U.S. officials also believe Pakistan is unwilling to move against the militants because some elements in Pakistan's security forces would prefer to be able to use the militants to counter Indian influence in Afghanistan after most foreign combat troops have pulled out by the end of 2014.

R&AW

To all the DFI elites..

I wanted to know who actually control's point 5353 in Drass sector?..(pls forgive me if i posted this in wrong thread)

Untill recently i believed that entire tiger hill range is under the control of Indian Army..

But video below says a different story..

Last edited by a moderator:

lion

Ways to settle kashmir issue...

Dear friends,

I had created this thread to discuses Kashmir issue. What are the means to solve this issue. i.e. through politics, military, by gathering intelligence and implementing ways to educate people that they are safe with India.

Please do share your precious views.

Imp note: An additional issue of settling Kashmiri pandits again in kashmir. we can also discuss this topic. please do post positive thoughts.

Regards,
Lion,

Waffen SS

Re: Ways to settle kashmir issue...

Dear friends,

I had created this thread to discuses Kashmir issue. What are the means to solve this issue. i.e. through politics, military, by gathering intelligence and implementing ways to educate people that they are safe with India.

Please do share your precious views.

Imp note: An additional issue of settling Kashmiri pandits again in kashmir. we can also discuss this topic. please do post positive thoughts.

Regards,
Lion,
Hi,

Kashmir problem is not India vs Pakistan war, this war is Indian history vs false artificial 2 nation theory on which Pakistan is standing.

Let us be clear- India will rule 1 part of Kashmir and Pakistan ruling another part, is not permanent solution. Either Pakistan will rule entire Kashmir, or India will. As an Indian I would like to see entire Kashmir ruled by India.

1 more Religious conversion(returning all Pakistani and Bangladeshi to Hinduism or Buddhism, if they become Buddhist or Hindu, no need for Pakistan and Bangladesh) and Akhand Bharat will solve problem of Indian subcontinent, no other option can.

India will be again re-united.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles