JF-17 Thunder / FC-1 Xiaolong

Dazzler

This is a well known, and extremely effective PAF tactic in avoiding combat losses. It was followed towards the latter half of the 1971 war, and throughout the Kargil campaign in 1999.

unnecessary to say the least, talk about present, i can also give plenty on PAF's 65 success against IAF but this is not the point here.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
prove your scenario with evidence mate, its all fantasy rhetoric, IN is NOT USN you know ;)
if you google you can find all the proofs, if not let me know, the proofs in int he INS Vikramadhitya thread on this forum as well.

thanks for the debate mate, i will wait for some official source from you on a simple thing called AOA of JF-17 and will respond then with proof.

Dazzler

if you google you can find all the proofs, if not let me know, the proofs in int he INS Vikramadhitya thread on this forum as well.

thanks for the debate mate, i will wait for some official source from you on a simple thing called AOA of JF-17 and will respond then with proof.
JFT project manager's word is enough evidence isnt it?

Go back a few pages and see who started the debate/ comparison in the first place. :)

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
JFT project manager's word is enough evidence isnt it?

Go back a few pages and see who started the debate/ comparison in the first place. :)
official source is not some one's word!!!!!

A link in the official page of the manufacturer who made JF-17.

For ex , ADA has officially stated that tejas has cleared 24 deg for IOC-2 and it will be raised to 26-28 deg in FOC in the official presentation listed in ADA tejas thread.

Something like that.

Dazzler

official source is not some one's word!!!!!

A link in the official page of the manufacturer who made JF-17.

For ex , ADA has officially stated that tejas has cleared 24 deg for IOC-2 and it will be raised to 26-28 deg in FOC in the official presentation listed in ADA tejas thread.

Something like that.

Lets see when they put it on PAC's website, atleast we do know from the horse's mouth that it can pull 26 deg AoA.

Dazzler

regarding IN CBG's missile intercetion, yes they may detect it but its not important when they cant intercept it. In fact, no anti missile system (PAC, THAAD, Barak xx, Aster xx, S-300 xx /400) can intercept an incoming hypersonic missile. US has been trying their missile defense shield for this very reason for last 20 years without success.

http://thediplomat.com/2012/08/russia-china-americas-supersonic-missile-race/

studies to tackle the hypersonic missile continues..

http://www.nap.edu/openbook.php?record_id=6195&page=54

Last edited:

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
regarding IN CBG's missile intercetion, yes they may detect it but its not important when they cant intercept it. In fact, no anti missile system (PAC, THAAD, Barak xx, Aster xx, S-300 xx /400) can intercept an incoming hypersonic missile. US has been trying their missile defense shield for this very reason for last 20 years without success.
they don't have to intercept it. Suffice it they jam the small seeker on the missile with their massive ECM suite , which is a child's play for an AC.

Dazzler

they don't have to intercept it. Suffice it they jam the small seeker on the missile with their massive ECM suite , which is a child's play for an AC.
and how will it jam an IIR seeker? CM-400 has multiple seeker options

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
So do you think that there is no possibility in the world to spoof IR seeker? haven't you seen simple flares dropped by fighters?

and other so called multiple seekers !!!!

Dazzler

So do you think that there is no possibility in the world to spoof IR seeker? haven't you seen simple flares dropped by fighters?

and other so called multiple seekers !!!!
its out there, the evidence is shared and hundreds of research documents, google it, all big players are concerned about missiles that reach hypersonic regimes, particularly at terminal phase, so far no anti missile system is able to intercept them.

Such missiles usually have dual/ multiple guidance onoard to make things even more difficult for defenses. The reaction time here is the key factor mate, too less time (usually seconds) to intercept the hypersonic threat.

bennedose

unnecessary to say the least, talk about present, i can also give plenty on PAF's 65 success against IAF but this is not the point here.
You are just another Packee and a complete nobody and I would not believe you anyway.

The successes and failures of 1965 are summed up perfectly well in two books

1. The 1965 air war by Jagan Mohan (Indian source)
2. The Flight of the Falcon by Air Commodore Nosey Haider. (Pakistani source)

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Why argue with someone who himself told that his own Gov sources are not reliable to prove his point, Imho let them flow in their own National pride, Its good for us anyways as always has ..

Country flag
And what would be the size of such seeker--:rolleyes:

Other than that AFA thermal cameras are concerned they need to be much cooler than the object they are going to detect-- how does the hypersonic missile maintain such low temperature moving in a dense atmosphere-:confused:

Country flag
The only protection it will have against incoming aircraft till 2017 (as per estimates) will be electronic systems. Hence,one of the more interesting demonstrations conducted this year was of the ASOR Russian electronic warfare system fitted on the carrier. Those who participated said the shipÂ’s sensors picked up incoming aircraft at a distance of 350 km and,in some cases,even 400 km.
During trials,the ship’s electronic warfare systems defeated all incoming aircraft by blinding them with directed energy. “Not a single aircraft managed to detect the ship when systems were in use. The only way they could find the ship was when it got into visible range,” said Igor Leonav,Chief Commissioner of Sevmash.
Several aircraft,including Su 33 fighters,MiG 29 Ks,IL 38s and Kamov choppers,were used to test the electronic warfare systems. But this is the only defence against air attacks,other than the last stage Pk2m chaff/flare launchers used as decoys when incoming missiles home in.

First, back your claims with evidence, not hypothesis, as is your habit.

Dazzler

You are just another Packee and a complete nobody and I would not believe you anyway.

The successes and failures of 1965 are summed up perfectly well in two books

1. The 1965 air war by Jagan Mohan (Indian source)
2. The Flight of the Falcon by Air Commodore Nosey Haider. (Pakistani source)

is this all you can come up with? The topic demands a discussion on jf-17 mate. And, when you bring insulting remarks it means you have lost the argument.

Peace :)

Last edited:

Dazzler

And what would be the size of such seeker--:rolleyes:

Other than that AFA thermal cameras are concerned they need to be much cooler than the object they are going to detect-- how does the hypersonic missile maintain such low temperature moving in a dense atmosphere-:confused:
seeker size does not matter, IR heat seeking missile has a much smaller seeker yet it guides the missile to the target. Size of warhead however does matter, it is between 170-200 kg as per available info. Hypersonic missile is more about impact than warhead, it can be devastating for a any battleship

Dazzler

Why argue with someone who himself told that his own Gov sources are not reliable to prove his point, Imho let them flow in their own National pride, Its good for us anyways as always has ..
kindly enlighten me which govt resources i have refuted? AoA info is NOT yet disclosed, i said in my previous post that it was mentioned by project manager during an interview, is it not enough an evidence? Will you have the same opinon if Tejas project manager does the same?

Unlikely.

Thanks

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles