JF-17 Thunder / FC-1 Xiaolong

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
tejas may reach an AOA of 26 to 28 deg is the official info.

What is the AOA limit of JF-17?,

Is there a 58 percent chance the PAF (which owns 58 percent of the IPR rights!!!!) know the exact figure?

it seems to be a closely guarded secret(?!?) even more than the RCS figure of F-22!!!!!

Or is it going to be in the revolutionary 36 plus that will upset the air power balance in south asian skies?

Considering the 24 seconds it took to complete the vertical and horizontal loop in Dubai airshow the AOA may be in the mid twenties perhaps, or higher than that?

Last edited:

Dazzler

tejas may reach an AOA of 26 to 28 deg is the official info.

What is the AOA limit of JF-17?,

Is there a 58 percent chance the PAF (which owns 58 percent of the IPR rights!!!!) know the exact figure?

it seems to be a closely guarded secret(?!?) even more than the RCS figure of F-22!!!!!

Or is it going to be in the revolutionary 36 plus that will upset the air power balance in south asian skies?

Considering the 24 seconds it took to complete the vertical and horizontal loop in Dubai airshow the AOA may be in the mid twenties perhaps, or higher than that?

Only word for RCS so far is it is lower than F-16, nothing else. In a official document, it is mentioned that RCS contributes atleast 30-34% of overall RCS (i presume in a clean configuration), the DSI has addressed this issue efficiently, allowing a weight reduction for additional internal fuel and a good intake/ engine/ aerodynamic matching.

So far tejas is touching a very low AoA as per the news it is between 14-16 deg at best, anything below 20 is pretty low as per modern standards.

JFT already has 26deg verified, same as Gripen C, D, check google for verification if you like. Speed is around 800 knots or 1500kph as per official sources. DAS 13 two videos i posted, it took 21-22 seconds clrealy, dont be so biased.

Now, you do have devoted Tejas thread for your tejas fantasies dont you??

Last edited:

Dazzler

IFR is South African, same as was on Atlas Cheetahs

Last edited:

mehrotraprince

Country flag
So far tejas is touching a very low AoA as per the news it is between 14-16 deg at best, anything below 20 is pretty low as per modern standards.
LCA Tejas: The IOC-2 period also saw the AoA (Angle of Attack) of the aircraft being increased from 17 to 22 degrees. The aircraft demonstrated its capability to touch the AoA of 24 degrees as well.
Clearing Flight Test Parameters was a Challenge, Says Airworthiness Centre - The New Indian Express

JFT already has 26deg verified, same as Gripen C, D, check google for verification if you like.
Provide some source to prove it, at least a news article. My Google search shows 0 result about JF-17's AOA. I think its highly classified.

shiphone

Country flag
DAS 13 two videos i posted, it took 21-22 seconds clrealy, dont be so biased.
AirShow Turkey 2013,vedio of 00'39''--01'01''... JF17 finished a 360 degrees level turn with afterburner @ some speed and altitude in clean config without full internal fuel...

[video=youtube_share;Jtn5FVuWYP4]http://youtu.be/Jtn5FVuWYP4[/video]

Airshow China 2010 ...vedio 00'39''-01'00''

[video=youtube_share;As6adq7XTtg]http://youtu.be/As6adq7XTtg[/video]

========================
some screen shots of JF17 weapon firing tests..this should come from some Pakistan forum

1.SD10A MRAAM
2.PL5-IIE SRAAM
3.LS-6 PGM

Last edited:

sivachandan

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't they planning to buy some Swedish AWACS... In fact, I think the order for the Swedish AWACS is out already.

Then, why the Chinese AWACS ???
because they are cheap(but not as good as swedish.even not good as our own :D)

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Only word for RCS so far is it is lower than F-16, nothing else. In a official document, it is mentioned that RCS contributes atleast 30-34% of overall RCS (i presume in a clean configuration), the DSI has addressed this issue efficiently, allowing a weight reduction for additional internal fuel and a good intake/ engine/ aerodynamic matching.

JFT already has 26deg verified, same as Gripen C, D, check google for verification if you like. Speed is around 800 knots or 1500kph as per official sources. DAS 13 two videos i posted, it took 21-22 seconds clrealy, dont be so biased.

Now, you do have devoted Tejas thread for your tejas fantasies dont you??

I don't know from where you got the 14-16 deg AOA for tejas!!!!!!!!

Mate the declared AOA for tejas IOC-2 is 24 -26 deg AOA by the release to service document of ADA,

For FOC it is 26 to 28 deg AOA,

And as per award winning senior test pilot's words AOA will incremental testing will go beyond even after FOC.

Please post an official reference to your claim of 26 deg AOA for JF-17,because the words you quote for 26 deg AOA is from an interview with pilot not from any official source

Also F-22 with splitter plate has no complaints over this design aspect.

Even without DSI intake the engine blades of tejas is covered well from enemy radars due to Y duct intake , so there was no need for DSI cover to tejas engines,

In dubai airshow it did both the vertical and horizontal loop in 24 seconds giving it an STR of 15 degs at best,

You posted the videos , not me

And tejas did a vertical loop in aeroinia-2013 in 20-21 seconds with 20 deg AOA and 6g restrictions , it completed the horizontal loop in 24 seconds with same restrictions,

Now its AOA is 24-26 deg

and after FOC it will be 26-28 deg along with 8G limitations,

Also G limit will be increased to 8 gs in FOC.

Last edited:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
LCA can do what ever JF can do and even more. Best part is that all testing is done by Indians in India, while in case of Jf it was done in China by Chinis....
we will migrate to 5g and they will beg Chini for third rated downgraded export fighter.

Dazzler

I don't know from where you got the 14-16 deg AOA for tejas!!!!!!!!

Mate the declared AOA for tejas IOC-2 is 24 -26 deg AOA by the release to service document of ADA,

For FOC it is 26 to 28 deg AOA,

And as per award winning senior test pilot's words AOA will incremental testing will go beyond even after FOC.

Please post an official reference to your claim of 26 deg AOA for JF-17,because the words you quote for 26 deg AOA is from an interview with pilot not from any official source

Also F-22 with splitter plate has no complaints over this design aspect.

Even without DSI intake the engine blades of tejas is covered well from enemy radars due to Y duct intake , so there was no need for DSI cover to tejas engines,

In dubai airshow it did both the vertical and horizontal loop in 24 seconds giving it an STR of 15 degs at best,

You posted the videos , not me

And tejas did a vertical loop in aeroinia-2013 in 20-21 seconds with 20 deg AOA and 6g restrictions , it completed the horizontal loop in 24 seconds with same restrictions,

Now its AOA is 24-26 deg

and after FOC it will be 26-28 deg along with 8G limitations,

Also G limit will be increased to 8 gs in FOC.

16 deg AoA i read in a recent article cant exactly recall the source, 22 degrees and 6Gs as per Shukla.

Broadsword: Testing times ahead for HAL: ARDC prepares for dangerous Tejas and IJT flight tests

No official word on JT AoA but since 26degree AoA is from the squadron leader who knows the thing inside out, it would be stupid not to believe him. Also, it is not difficult to analyse that it has a high AoA from recent dubai airshow footage.

I can give you plenty of sortcomings in Tejas but the thread is on jf-17, not on tejas or abc xyz comparisons so please abide by it.

Thanks

Last edited:

Dazzler

LCA can do what ever JF can do and even more. Best part is that all testing is done by Indians in India, while in case of Jf it was done in China by Chinis....
we will migrate to 5g and they will beg Chini for third rated downgraded export fighter.
jf-17 is a fourth gen fighter, replacing third gen mirages and F-7s. Bias bias...

trust me, you will not migrate to 5th Gen before 2025, ask the Russians. :D

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
jf-17 is a fourth gen fighter, replacing third gen mirages and F-7s. Bias bias...

trust me, you will not migrate to 5th Gen before 2025, ask the Russians. :D
at least we are having project of our own.................

Dazzler

have you realised that you are living in July 2010 and we are in Jan 2014 and we are about to cross 17th day ................:taunt1:
show me a recent source where it has achieved 26 deg AoA or has done 8Gs :D

rvjpheonix

Country flag
we dont reinvent the wheel and spend 30+ years on a system that eventually has an american engine, israeli radar and missiles. ;)
Eventually .you will have to "reinvent the wheel" if you are going to be even a small player in aerospace.What pakistan is doing today was done by India decades ago when we first assembled mig 21's. The fact of the matter is that you are gaining screwdriver tech and it will take many more years before you can even aim to make a basic trainer forget a fighter on your own. Nobody gives away tech. Eventually you have to have your own R&D.

Dazzler

Eventually .you will have to "reinvent the wheel" if you are going to be even a small player in aerospace.What pakistan is doing today was done by India decades ago when we first assembled mig 21's. The fact of the matter is that you are gaining screwdriver tech and it will take many more years before you can even aim to make a basic trainer forget a fighter on your own. Nobody gives away tech. Eventually you have to have your own R&D.
Actually, we didnt have much of a military industry to be honest, till late 60s, since F-6 rebuild factory, MRF, HIT, KAMRA complex, KSEW and many other organizations, we have learned to develop it through joint collaborations and partnerships and in doing so we now have an industry that is serving us well and looks on track for the future. I believe it is important to understand one's limitations be it in budget or technologcal expertise or both. Even the most technologically advanced nations do not have all the expertise on their own. In short, every contry has its strengths and limitations.

Dazzler

then why is PAF crying so loud about them, calling them loss of national asset..............:taunt1:
you missed the point, no where did i say that ZDK-03 is technologically more advanced than erieye, yes it has a more powerful radar with more range and coverage.

BUT

the erieye radar array has perhaps most advanced T/R modules employed in an AWACS platform in the world, i read a research paper by an American scientist who praised their AESA expertise in AWACS department. Its data processing speed is just mind boggling !

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles