Jallikattu Ban: Elites vs Local Tradition

raja696

Two people killed in Jallikattu in TN done and dusted now human rights groups also will jump and ask for Ban to this . This is what happens when politicians do things in haste by conducting events without any proper preparation ...:facepalm:

Haha yup human rights has no room. Those people participated by will and they are adults. They know the risks. Let's check the news is real or just fake news like demonitisation deaths.

captscooby81

Country flag
Gone the protesters are fully hijacked by opposition parties and also the anti social and anti national . now its just matter of hours or minutes before its going to turn totally ugly for everyone .. People Especially the jihadist are getting angry when few facebook groups are asking to call off the protest . One profile i checked has staunch modi hate one posts ... now its like a gravity all it needs is one small push to create all the efforts to fall ....

Krusty

Country flag
The local parties obviously will try to highjack the protest. Same for Muslims group and Christian groups. We Know it. people, ITS THEIR MO. this is what they do. i don't understand why this point flies over everyone's heads. The problem is men in power stood by and let it happen anyway. I have been repeatedly saying do not let this issue fester and that the Centre should act quick. they didn't.

@here2where I see that you are subtly introducing words like separatism and anarchy. I have been following your posts and it only seems to reek of vested interests.

Krusty

Country flag
Now there are demands for revival of Buffalo Race in Karnataka (KAMBALA).

Maharashtra and Tamilnadu are just starters guys, real revolution is yet to come.

I wonder how did Indians tolerate the left-liberal kabal for so long
. Our culture was suppressed under the garb of modernization.

After jallikattu, it is kambala’s turn
Tamils want a total ban on PETA and non interference in traditional sports. As for Kambala, I say Maharashtrians, go for it! PETA can only booted out by our unity. They have acted with impunity against locals(majority Hindus) for long enough. its high time PETA and SC officials in NGO's payroll are shown their place.

Good luck guys!

DingDong

Country flag
@Krusty this is what @here2where is talking about.

There are too many distasteful sentiments and content floating around on the SM which can potentially change the whole narrative for people who are watching the whole event from a distance.

....................................................................................

here2where

The Legislature can add and remove laws.If the SC didnt stay the adding of Bull to the list why stay its removal?No reason.
Judiciary, iam sure you know, has powers to nullify laws or CHANGES to laws that are against the spirit of constitution. I guess SC did not recognize the changed list since it went against basic right to life and prevention of cruelty in constitution? This is their interpretation and in 'their wisdom'. Want to question that interpretation? Then do so in court rooms, not on roads. Send a strong defense team to Delhi, as i said earlier. Fight your case better. Throw more money on the best legal advice. Whatever it takes.

Can you tell me what law allows SC to ban liquor shops or cars in delhi?Any law?The SC has been exceeding their brief for long.
I agree SC might have appeared to be over-reaching itself in those rulings. But they were considering PILs filed by NGOs/citizens who had no other means to get justice to what they considered were evils of society. Weak, inefficient and corrupt government results in SC doing the job of the executive.

What is happening here is selective criticism of SC rulings and their over-reaches - if the rulings are beneficial and convenient to us, we accept them and commend the judges for being saviours of democracy, guardians of constitution, guardian angel of last resort and what not. But other rulings, even if inherently wise, but unpalatable due to regional/religious factors are questioned and protested.

Last edited:

DingDong

Country flag
Judiciary, iam sure you know, has powers to nullify laws or CHANGES to laws that are against the spirit of constitution. I guess SC did not recognize the changed list since it went against basic right to life and prevention of cruelty in constitution? This is their interpretation and in 'their wisdom'. Want to question that interpretation? Then do so in court rooms, not on roads.

I agree SC might have appeared to be over-reaching itself in those rulings. But they were considering PILs filed by NGOs/citizens who had no other avenues of justice. Weak, inefficient and corrupt government results in SC doing the job of the executive.

What is happening here is selective criticism of SC rulings and their over-reaches - if the rulings are beneficial and convenient to us, we accept them and commend the judges for being saviours of democracy, guardians of constitution, guardian angel of last resort and what not. But other rulings, even if are wise inherently, but unpalatable to us due to regional/religious factors are questioned and protested.
SC is slowly but surely transgressing into the domain of the Executive.

Laws are for the people, not the other way round. Instead of unnecessarily meddling into affairs which have public interests the SC must focus on expediting the cases which are consistently piling up.

Instead of Auditing the government performance, SC must resolve to reduce the number of holidays enjoyed by their highnesses.

If there exists one constitutional body which is the least transparent and unaccountable, then it is the Indian Judiciary.

Jallikattu to Dahi Handi: judicial overreach or deliberate confrontations?

raja696

Judiciary, iam sure you know, has powers to nullify laws or CHANGES to laws that are against the spirit of constitution. I guess SC did not recognize the changed list since it went against basic right to life and prevention of cruelty in constitution? This is their interpretation and in 'their wisdom'. Want to question that interpretation? Then do so in court rooms, not on roads. Send a strong defense team to Delhi, as i said earlier. Fight your case better. Throw more money on the best legal advice. Whatever it takes.

I agree SC might have appeared to be over-reaching itself in those rulings. But they were considering PILs filed by NGOs/citizens who had no other means to get justice to what they considered were evils of society. Weak, inefficient and corrupt government results in SC doing the job of the executive.

What is happening here is selective criticism of SC rulings and their over-reaches - if the rulings are beneficial and convenient to us, we accept them and commend the judges for being saviours of democracy, guardians of constitution, guardian angel of last resort and what not. But other rulings, even if inherently wise, but unpalatable due to regional/religious factors are questioned and protested.

But here sc court acted too selective or politically motivated.... people are not so stupid to divide SC rulings on religious or taste that suits them.

Then why can't SC enforce uniform civil code, take churches and mosque's in to endowments departments like they do for temples.

Atleast SC should have banned slaughtering of all cow like breeds in India.

Then I would have considered jallikattu ban was collateral damage.

But SC is selective, people know what selective or hidden agenda. Hence protests.

Krusty

Country flag
@Krusty this is what @here2where is talking about.

There are too many distasteful sentiments and content floating around on the SM which can potentially change the whole narrative for people who are watching the whole event from a distance.

....................................................................................
Sir ji, this is what I'm trying to say, there will be always be a small minority to kick up crap like this. No protest will be 100% without the influence of vested interests. its common sense. they will always try to chip in to peddle their agenda. Our leaders should be smart enough to factor this into account. But rest assured, The youth now is well informed. This incidents will not be allowed to gain momentum. You have to give a bit more credit to the youth. I am involved in helping Tamil association here in Singapore myself. And I am a hardcore Indian. Well aware of the Abrahamic, NGO and commie threat. So far, even though there isn't any leader as such to the protest, there have been without any incidents. However, local parties and Abrahamic bodies have their presence in the form of local protests. and tweets like this are to be expected. It wont be allowed to get out of hand. I think vested interests are kicking up the issue of Tamil nationalism and separatism just to take advantage of the situation. well, its their job. The Indians outside TN shouldn't fall for this trap.

For those who are observing from a distance, it will appear as a powder keg of separatism. That's how the media will project it, trying to weaken Tamils stance by trying to make sure the rest of the Indians back out. and by heavens they will try absolutely everything. PETA is close to being banned than it ever has in India and they will try absolutely everything however unethical and deceiving to try to escape intact. Lets stick together and have faith.

I will be the first person to call out bullcrap if I see it. There are isolated incidents by Anbrahamics, but so far the biggest issue is local parties trying to highjack the situation in their favor. Please ref my earlier posts..

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
I haven't read all the posts since I last signed in, and obviously not going to (appreciate the patience of @Krusty )

Anyway Thursday was a bandh or atleast kind of.
So for the one I went I got a bottle of water and some apple pieces (which I refused, because they were cut pieces)
But I did hear that some places people were given meals. Did not hear anything anti-india though.

Also over the last few days when going to office, each day saw maybe around a dozen vehicles with placards supporting JK, several companies with placards on their gates etc. too. Pretty awesome.

Amrk

Country flag
Sir ji, this is what I'm trying to say, there will be always be a small minority to kick up crap like this. No protest will be 100% without the influence of vested interests. its common sense. they will always try to chip in to peddle their agenda. Our leaders should be smart enough to factor this into account. But rest assured, The youth now is well informed. This incidents will not be allowed to gain momentum. You have to give a bit more credit to the youth. I am involved in helping Tamil association here in Singapore myself. And I am a hardcore Indian. Well aware of the Abrahamic, NGO and commie threat. So far, even though there isn't any leader as such to the protest, there have been without any incidents. However, local parties and Abrahamic bodies have their presence in the form of local protests. and tweets like this are to be expected. It wont be allowed to get out of hand. I think vested interests are kicking up the issue of Tamil nationalism and separatism just to take advantage of the situation. well, its their job. The Indians outside TN shouldn't fall for this trap.

For those who are observing from a distance, it will appear as a powder keg of separatism. That's how the media will project it, trying to weaken Tamils stance by trying to make sure the rest of the Indians back out. and by heavens they will try absolutely everything. PETA is close to being banned than it ever has in India and they will try absolutely everything however unethical and deceiving to try to escape intact. Lets stick together and have faith.

I will be the first person to call out bullcrap if I see it. There are isolated incidents by Anbrahamics, but so far the biggest issue is local parties trying to highjack the situation in their favor. Please ref my earlier posts..
Brother, we are with people of Tamil Nadu completely. MSM will resort to dirty tricks and try to divide and incite us against each other, but no worries, everyone I know here in Delhi who is aware of this whole issue is in complete support of lifting the ban.
On a different note I must admit I worry , you see, a few months before Pakistani Senate passed a resolution
in which they said that faultlines in India must be targeted. Every time i watch a paki channel, first they mention Kashmir, then Khalistan and then Tamils and even more dangerous are the commies and leftists stooges og western NGOS who shiver at the idea of a strong and united India. Even though I don't think their plan will work, still we must be very careful.
By the way PETA must be immediately banned. We can't feed properly our whole population and they want to preach us on animal cruelty. Their arrogance is so huge that they think they can decide our priorities for us.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles