Jallikattu Ban: Elites vs Local Tradition

1971ftw

Country flag
Right, so the solution is to ban the sport and to wipe out entire breeds of cows... Thats like banning zoo's and pets due to animal abuse.
The same can be said about hard drugs , prostitutes and cannibalism. Things that have high risk and are difficult to monitor should be banned or it will be abused in a wide scale.

mayfair

If it were truly about animal torture, there would have been suggestions from the "concerned" (I should say maliciously motivated) groups on how to mitigate this, there have been NONE whatsoever.

The agenda has been to have Jallikattu banned outright and completely destroy any and all socio-economic activities around it. The Evanjihadis will then swoop in to pick up the pieces.

It took a long time for Evanjihadis to steer the situation in the current state, it'll an equally if not longer and tough journey to undo their insidious plans.

Darth Malgus

Country flag
The same can be said about hard drugs , prostitutes and cannibalism. Things that have high risk and are difficult to monitor should be banned or it will be abused in a wide scale.
Comparing cows and bulls to prostitution ? Indian breeds of cows are far far superior, the entire agenda here is to eliminate Indian breeds of cows and replace it with imported breeds. These NGO's are payed of by MNC's in order to access the Indian diary market.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Comparing cows and bulls to prostitution ? Indian breeds of cows are far far superior, the entire agenda here is to eliminate Indian breeds of cows and replace it with imported breeds. These NGO's are payed of by MNC's in order to access the Indian diary market.
As per the wiki article (I know not the best source but gives you an idea)

India's cattle population dropped by a solid 100 M in ten years from 2003 through 2013., a 100 Million.
There's another 200 M and india still has the largest cattle population on the planet.
Other countries with cattle population reduction are China, Pak.
Interestingly western cattle population have either increased or remained same.

here2where

Are you equating a practise followed by Muslims throughout India in public on the streets in every city to something practised by a few rich families in villages in TN?...
In the eyes of the law, slaughter is slaughter, where ever it is done and by whomever. If it is banned, then every instance of it will be considered illegal, regardless of any other consideration.

..Why not supreme Court bans slaughtering of cows....
Slaughter of the cow and its progeny is banned in most of India, but this is ripe for political manipulations to satisfy vote banks among muslims and certain hindu castes.
http://indianexpress.com/article/explained/explained-no-beef-nation/

As expected, I did not get an answer for my question.
If SC bans public animal slaughter (any animal, whether on every street corner by muslims or near a temple by a rich hindu man), both muslims and hindus who support animal slaughter, will revolt.

In the present case of jallikattu stalemate, Its idiotic to counter by saying ban animal slaughter before banning jallikattu, because tamils will have a problem with banning animal slaughter too, as i have tried to point out here.
So people in glass houses, beware...

Darth Malgus

Country flag
As per the wiki article (I know not the best source but gives you an idea)

India's cattle population dropped by a solid 100 M in ten years from 2003 through 2013., a 100 Million.
There's another 200 M and india still has the largest cattle population on the planet.
Other countries with cattle population reduction are China, Pak.
Interestingly western cattle population have either increased or remained same.
Imported cattle are not slaughtered, only the native breeds are slaughtered...

Darth Malgus

Country flag
Are local breeds cheap or something?
Local breeds are tastier because they are free roaming breeds and various other reasons, they are not kept jailed inside a pen which is why there is a high demand for its meat outside India...

raja696

In the eyes of the law, slaughter is slaughter, where ever it is done and by whomever. If it is banned, then every instance of it will be considered illegal, regardless of any other consideration.

Slaughter of the cow and its progeny is banned in most of India, but this is ripe for political manipulations to satisfy vote banks among muslims and certain hindu castes.
http://indianexpress.com/article/explained/explained-no-beef-nation/

If SC bans public animal slaughter (any animal, whether on every street corner by muslims or near a temple by a rich hindu man), both muslims and hindus who support animal slaughter, will revolt.

In the present case of jallikattu stalemate, Its idiotic to counter by saying ban animal slaughter before banning jallikattu, because tamils will have a problem with banning animal slaughter too, as i have tried to point out here.
Why banning slaughtering of cows is stupid ? Compared to dumb ban of jallikattu by SC.

First explain this?

1971ftw

Country flag
iirc the ban is on the sport not breeding bulls, idk which whatsapp news you got your info from but here is the official verdict , please take your time to study it.

https://awbi.org/awbi-pdf/sc_judgement_jallikattu_7-5-14.pdf

http://supremecourtofindia.nic.in/FileServer/2016-11-28_1480318241.pdf

here2where

Why banning slaughtering of cows is stupid ? Compared to dumb ban of jallikattu by SC.

First explain this?
Where did i say cow slaughter is stupid?
You seem incapable of reading correctly or there is some hidden mystery in your question. I already pointed out cow slaughter is banned in most parts.

DingDong

Country flag
Never liked that biatch.
She once said all tibetans should be sent back to the CCP angels because some tibetan killed some tigers in prc.

She is a lunatic and people should remember that when she sheds her fake tears for some animal/organization next.
Just like Greenpeace, PETA must pack it's bag and leave our soil. Indian problems require Indian solution.

High society people care more about animals than human beings. I always wonder what goes through their rotten brains. They will feed dogs, but never give food to a homeless child. In fact most of them will always be first to exploit a poor person or hire a child as domestic servant.

This is not compassion, this is a kind of hobby, Hindus are easy targets.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I would say... instead of getting sentimental about jallikattu, use it to further our own agenda. Use the issue to defame and defang organisations such as peta.

Use the examples like that of that elephant where these peta guys campaigned for euthanasia, but the elephant is healthy and fine now. One lakh idiots signed the petition to put down the elephant.

Krusty

Country flag
Then file a petition let it be banned , this case has been in the highest court in India , they have viewd all angles and every possible .

If you argue this is immoral then how is it immoral when Kannadigas protest over the kavari verdict of the supreme court.
You were supposed to support your "cruelty to animals and endangering human lives" point which you said in your earlier post. now since that has been knocked off since it was a pretty lame argument, you are trying to score brownie points for Kannadigas in the Kaveri issue?
you told me your justification and I said its stupid and childish, instead of proving you are right you jump on to an entirely different topic. is this how you discuss? just randomly jumping from topic to topic? when you should really be justifying your case?

You said SC banned Jallikattu because of "animal cruelty and it endangers human safety". you said it. own it up and justify it (obviously means you haven't read the entire thread because your point has already been discussed at length), if you want to talk about Kaveri there are other threads for it.

raja696

So cow is not an animal. I usually don't go into one eyed twisting.

Since ur no capable of answering and defending it as u never said it.why not SC ban slaughter house's for beef all together.

And then ban jallikattu? Explain this if SC is so sincere in its verdicts.

Does it not look stupid by law ur allowed to kill for beef but sporting same kind of animal ohhh Allah it's a haram.

Why is this hypocrisy?

Last edited:

Krusty

Country flag
iirc the ban is on the sport not breeding bulls, idk which whatsapp news you got your info from but here is the official verdict , please take your time to study it.

https://awbi.org/awbi-pdf/sc_judgement_jallikattu_7-5-14.pdf

http://supremecourtofindia.nic.in/FileServer/2016-11-28_1480318241.pdf
Again, obviously you haven't read the thread, it has been explained how cows from certain breeds are selected for mating. This is how the strong ones are chosen.. just read the thread entirely. it has been discussed in detail.

DingDong

Country flag
I would say... instead of getting sentimental about jallikattu, use it to further our own agenda. Use the issue to defame and defang organisations such as peta.

Use the examples like that of that elephant where these peta guys campaigned for euthanasia, but the elephant is healthy and fine now. One lakh idiots signed the petition to put down the elephant.
#AntiHinduPeta is trending on twitter.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles