Jallikattu Ban: Elites vs Local Tradition

Krusty

Country flag
When you demand eid be blood-less, will tamils be prepared to give up kida vettu (goat slaughter in tamil temples) as well?

WARNING!!! VERY GRAPHIC -
Yes I'm sure it's not a practice that's common and followed throughout Tamil Nadu by all Tamils. Further more, it's also supported and followed by the Tamil diaspora throughout the world. I follow it myself and I sacrifice goats in chennai and encourage little kids to participate in the slaughter. NOT.

Keda vettirathu isn't followed by all Tamils. There are specific families in villages Deep South who practise it. Do you think everyone does it? No. not even remotely. Only rich families practise it to organise feasts for the community.

@Razor do you practise it?

here2where

All iam asking is, on the PIL already in SC demanding ban on Eid slaughter, if SC goes ahead and bans all forms of animal slaughter through out the country, will tamils accept that verdict or will there be drama like for jallikattu saying it is part of 2000 year old culture?
Straight answer please.

Last edited:

Krusty

Country flag
All iam asking is, on the PIL already in SC demanding ban on Eid slaughter, if SC goes ahead and bans all forms of animal slaughter through out the country, will tamils accept that verdict or will there be drama like for jallikattu saying it is part of 2000 year old culture?
Straight answer please.
Are you equating a practise followed by Muslims throughout India in public on the streets in every city to something practised by a few rich families in villages in TN?
Besides, I have already stated if you read my earlier posts that Hindus mainly oppose only slaughter of cows. If they want to eat goat meat, they can slaughter it. Just don't do it on the streets where you force everyone to see it.

P.S: put a spoiler on that video.

raja696

Straight answer please.
See jallikattu was a tradition derived for stronger bull which is bought by highest bidder used for cross breeding in agrarian society. You cannot link it with violence. That's how traditionAl sport derived.

Why not supreme Court bans slaughtering of cows. For this to achieve most of the Hindus will give up non vegetarian if sc passes a judgement against non vegetarian's
vis a vis
Are you sure muslims will agree for its tradition of slaughtering and eating cows or its other kinds (founded just to insult hindus by muslim invaders).

Ur mistake is condidering jalli kattu as slaughtering cows to feed beef eaters.

It's just a sport otherwise peaceful's prefer it to be transported to slaughtering house.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Yes I'm sure it's not a practice that's common and followed throughout Tamil Nadu by all Tamils. Further more, it's also supported and followed by the Tamil diaspora throughout the world. I follow it myself and I sacrifice goats in chennai and encourage little kids to participate in the slaughter. NOT.

Keda vettirathu isn't followed by all Tamils. There are specific families in villages Deep South who practise it. Do you think everyone does it? No. not even remotely. Only rich families practise it to organise feasts for the community.

@Razor do you practise it?
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Krusty

Country flag
Who the hell is swamy to teach "rule of law" :lol:
What kind of tamil is he? Trudeau is more tamil.

Anyway,
Rajini sir ( a marati-born tamil) :Bring in whatever rules but Jallikattu must be held to keep up the traditions of our tamil culture.
Kamal sir: If you want a ban on Jallikattu, ban biriyani too.
Swamy has jumped onto the secular boat? What is up with him?? I really cannot offer an explanation but that was incredibly offensive and in bad taste to comment on Tamils as if he's disciplining kids.

Edit: Rajini actually fell in line after being trolled on twitter. But he was quick to realise the ground reality. Arya on the other hand... didn't. He can start planning to move to AP or Keralas film industry.

Last edited:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
The place is Azamgarh, UP. .
I did think it would be some UP or HYD type place and I was right.

Swamy has jumped onto the secular boat? What is up with him?? I really cannot offer an explanation but that was incredibly offensive and in bad taste to comment on Tamils as if he's disciplining kids.
I don't know what's up with him. I'm not on twitter and stuff and so don't follow him or anyone else, unless it is posted here.

Edit: Rajini actually fell in line after being trolled on twitter. But he was quick to realise the ground reality. Arya on the other hand... didn't. He can start planning to move to AP or Keralas film industry.
:lol:

I didn't know that. As I said don't follow that circus called twitter. Already take crocin everyday w/o twitter and stuff.
Arya isn't such a good actor or anything anyway.

Krusty

Country flag
I did think it would be some UP or HYD type place and I was right.

I don't know what's up with him. I'm not on twitter and stuff and so don't follow him or anyone else, unless it is posted here.
I'm not on any social media site. I just have one email account

If you see the twitter screenshots I uploaded you'll see 'login or signup' in every single one.
I just started searching on twitter after the Jallikattu fiasco :angry:

1971ftw

Country flag
How is jallikattu ban reasonable?
Cruelty to animals and more importantly endangering human lives . The supreme court has gone through all this topics and made its decision .

Krusty

Country flag
Cruelty to animals and more importantly endangering human lives . The supreme court has gone through all this topics and made its decision .
cruelty to animals means Incan come up with an endless list of things to be banned. Same with endangering human lives that's another Long list. It's a very naive argument that you have made. If you would have said SC gave into the pressure of NGOs and political correctness , I would have applauded you. It's almost as if you didn't even try...

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Driving endagers human lives and sometimes animals too.
Construction of buildings.
Usage of cellphones.
Habitat destruction.
yadayada

In fact human excistence is cruelty to animals in one way or other.
These need some banning.

Darth Malgus

Country flag
80 Lawyers and 2.5 to 3 crs per day is being spent by vested interests to keep Jallikattu banned. That includes Menaka Gandhi...

Ever since PETA came into India, we have lost 60% of our Indigenous breeds. We are already in a loosing Battle. Slaughtering only happens to indigenous breeds, not imported breeds. Then PETA and NGO's comes in and destroys the systems which maintains the indigenous breeds.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
80 Lawyers and 2.5 to 3 crs per day is being spent by vested interests to keep Jallikattu banned. That includes Menaka Gandhi...
Never liked that biatch.
She once said all tibetans should be sent back to the CCP angels because some tibetan killed some tigers in prc.

She is a lunatic and people should remember that when she sheds her fake tears for some animal/organization next.

Darth Malgus

Country flag
Never liked that biatch.
She once said all tibetans should be sent back to the CCP angels because some tibetan killed some tigers.

She is a lunatic and people should remember that when she sheds her fake tears for some animal/organization next.
What ever it is, What is India without its indigenous breeds of cows,bulls and buffaloes. We will loose it all in a decade....

1971ftw

Country flag
cruelty to animals means Incan come up with an endless list of things to be banned. Same with endangering human lives that's another Long list. It's a very naive argument that you have made. If you would have said SC gave into the pressure of NGOs and political correctness , I would have applauded you. It's almost as if you didn't even try...
Then file a petition let it be banned , this case has been in the highest court in India , they have viewd all angles and every possible .

If you argue this is immoral then how is it immoral when Kannadigas protest over the kavari verdict of the supreme court.
Driving endagers human lives and sometimes animals too.
Construction of buildings.
Usage of cellphones.
Habitat destruction.
yadayada

In fact human excistence is cruelty to animals in one way or other.
These need some banning.
The comparison is absurd , in villages they tie the bulls horns to the point they cry in pain when you touch it , bulls are tortured .There is nothing humane about torturing animal's like this .in my grandparents home town they had a festival with black bares , you don't see them crying.

Culture changes by time .

Darth Malgus

Country flag
Then file a petition let it be banned , this case has been in the highest court in India , they have viewd all angles and every possible .

If you argue this is immoral then how is it immoral when Kannadigas protest over the kavari verdict of the supreme court.

The comparison is absurd , in villages they tie the bulls horns to the point they cry in pain when you touch it , bulls are tortured .There is nothing humane about torturing animal's like this .in my grandparents home town they had a festival with black bares , you don't see them crying.

Culture changes by time .
Right, so the solution is to ban the sport and to wipe out entire breeds of cows... Thats like banning zoo's and pets due to animal abuse.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles