J20 Stealth Fighter

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
J20 looks like a tactical strike aircraft, albeit a modern one with 5th gen features.

An American proposal for a similar configuration, the proposed FB-22:

lcatejas

Till now F22 is superior fighter in his 5th gen category... coz no other 5g fighter used in real time war scenario...so lets wait and watch .. what J20 will do..:thumb:

J20!

Country flag
I know fighter wings are incredibly strong and wont snap off, but why are 6 or 7 guys piled on the poor J20?

noob101

Till now F22 is superior fighter in his 5th gen category... coz no other 5g fighter used in real time war scenario...so lets wait and watch .. what J20 will do..:thumb:
Are you saying that the F 22 was the only fighter used in a "real time war scenario"? when was that? or am have i misunderstood you please explain........ By the way the F22 is the best in its category because its the only one in its category

J20!

Country flag
Are you saying that the F 22 was the only fighter used in a "real time war scenario"? when was that? or am have i misunderstood you please explain........ By the way the F22 is the best in its category because its the only one in its category
he said, and I quote: "coz no other 5g fighter used in real time war scenario"...
I dont think the F22 has been used in any wars though. I might be wroong but I remember it only being used in exercises like Red flag and patrols.

lcatejas

Its a miss quote "real time war scenario"...but still we are comparing F22 with made in china :taunt1:

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag
now i am quoting from a member of other chinese forum whose name is Martian an ex DFI member here see what trashed he replied & see whats the reply i gave

1. The J-20 Mighty Dragon does not need a saw-tooth design at the rear of the canard, because the J-20 canard is made of composite material, shaped to deflect radar away from transmitter, RAM-coated (which Rafale lacks),
LOLLLZ , really martian ur stupidity is unrivalled in this planet thats for sure
1)composites: Do u have x ray in ur eyes?? then how do u know it is made entirely of composites ,BTW rafale also has composites compare but not entirely .

2)RAM coating : what rafale canards doesnt have ram coating LOLLZ . Is it mandatory that all ram coating should be black like
j20 .??? then F22 also doent have ram coating lollz

1st of all understand the basics of stealth or order of importance of stealth in a plane

1st.comes shaping of plane ( Angled or canted surface/ saw tooth pattern ) , then comes composition of air frame (composites) , then at the last comes surface coating (ram coating) .
because composites & RAM coating doesnt guarantee stealth always as RAM properties is unreliable at all radar frequencies .The most important part is shaping .

now see the importance of SAW TOOTH pattern in rafale's canards , i hope u could understand from the pic the importance of
saw tooth in stealthiness of rafale's canards as compare to J20 canards

the canard-fuselage intersection is specifically designed to deflect radar. In conclusion, the J-20 canard is very stealthy.
The claim that the J-20 canard gap is a corner reflector is not true. Go ahead and try to draw a ray trace diagram to show a corner reflector. You cannot. It is a surface discontinuity as a tiny radar source. This kind of surface discontinuity is also seen in the T-50/Pak-Fa's airfoil gap and main wing control surfaces for the F-22, J-20, and T-50/Pak-Fa.

Tell u what man ... J20 's canard-fuselage intersection is a stealth disaster as it's junction has rounded protusion
which allows the radar waves enter into that J20 gap & bounce back to it's radar source .Not only through gap but from below
also the radar waves can hit the surface round protusion on it's canard & fuselarge junction. This rounded canard-fuselage protusion gives a source of tiny corner reflector for J-20's canard gap. It is not found in rafale as usual clearly justifying my point that rafale's canards are much beter in stealth design than canards

OMG (facepalm) what u compared "surface discontinuity in the T-50/Pak-Fa's airfoil gap as corner reflector surface??? lolllz
U forgot pakfa doent have any rounded surface protusion in it's wings & fuselarge junction like J20

now see the pics u would understand what i mean

2. J-20 slightly-rounded LERX is a minor criticism. It can be easily fixed. It is trivial.
Lollz It is minor criticism as u urself claim round surface are big No for stealth as in PAKFA IRST as it round .
as any round edge or surface may reflect some amount of radar waves back to it's source

Radar cross-section - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

3. The third point about the angle of the J-20's wings is without merit. I have already written a post to compare the planform alignment of the J-20, F-22, and T-50/Pak-Fa. It is silly to argue for more planform alignment angles on the J-20.

The shape of the main wings is designed to match the aerodynamics of an aircraft. The J-20 has canards and its wing shape is the most appropriate aerodynamically for the aircraft. The guiding design principle is "form follows function" and not why don't you copy design features from other planes.
blah ...

i am comparing the edges of all the 5th generation plane as it should be & J20 clearly has less edges & less angular as compare to all 5th gen fighters which is due to it's vintage design features like DELTA wing, Rounded lerx & CANARDS which clearly raises question mark on its effectiveness on stealth ground

Off-topic: Nice try Mr. Somnath. However, this nit-picking won't work. You need to find a major flaw to grab people's attention. The only major flaw on the J-20 is the round engine nozzles. The J-20 engine nozzles are serrated like the F-35, but they are clearly not as stealthy (in both radar and infrared wavelengths) as the F-22.
LLOLLZ martian i had proved my case clearly but u turndown all my critiscism as minor .Meanwhile u can find all flaws in pakfa as major including Rounded IRST. This shows what double standard u have .
what J20 engine NOZZLES are serrated Seriously ???? ,have u ever compare F35 nozzles with J20 nozzles in ur life time

Mr. Somnath picked a terrible example in the French Rafale when he attempted to illustrate a perceived deficiency in the J-20 Mighty Dragon canard design. The French Rafale is not to be emulated in any way in the design of a 5th generation stealth fighter. The round shielding to hide the canard gap is far less stealthy than the J-20 canard's elegant back-end to deflect radar.
OMG (facepalm).!!!!

as usual martian time & again u have proved ur unrivalled stupidity in this planet ,nothing cant be the greatest example like
u have done here .HEY man i had compared only the stealth of rafale's canard with J20's canards which clearly is more stealthy as shown by me above .But god damn it u compare entire 4.5 gen rafale plane with a 5th gen J20 plane ..Hey man even a new born baby knows rafale is unstealthy compare to any 5th gen plane .This shows the height of stupidity u have attained today in the entire foruming history of yours .

Not only that u have posted a trash pic containing many wrong information about rafale's stealth .U r simply a great J%%K%$$

Anyway, I'm off. If Dr. Somnath shoves another "J-20 sucks" post in my face, I'll be back.
LOLLLZ martian perhaps u have said one thing right in ur entire lifetime about J20 .This is the reality yes it does but in terms of stealth

s002wjh

Country flag
f117 is pretty outdated. if you look at B2, its mostly rounded shape, so diamond/saw tooth is not the only main factor in stealth. i guess next time i goto air force museum, ill throughly check the B2, see how many saw tooth/diamond shape it has.

Last edited:

sukhish

now i am quoting from a member of other chinese forum whose name is Martian an ex DFI member here see what trashed he replied & see whats the reply i gave

LOLLLZ , really martian ur stupidity is unrivalled in this planet thats for sure
1)composites: Do u have x ray in ur eyes?? then how do u know it is made entirely of composites ,BTW rafale also has composites compare but not entirely .

2)RAM coating : what rafale canards doesnt have ram coating LOLLZ . Is it mandatory that all ram coating should be black like

1st of all understand the basics of stealth or order of importance of stealth in a plane

1st.comes shaping of plane ( Angled or canted surface/ saw tooth pattern ) , then comes composition of air frame (composites) , then at the last comes surface coating (ram coating) .
because composites & RAM coating doesnt guarantee stealth always as RAM properties is unreliable at all radar frequencies .The most important part is shaping .

now see the importance of SAW TOOTH pattern in rafale's canards , i hope u could understand from the pic the importance of

Tell u what man ... J20 's canard-fuselage intersection is a stealth disaster as it's junction has rounded protusion
which allows the radar waves enter into that J20 gap & bounce back to it's radar source .Not only through gap but from below
also the radar waves can hit the surface round protusion on it's canard & fuselarge junction. This rounded canard-fuselage protusion gives a source of tiny corner reflector for J-20's canard gap. It is not found in rafale as usual clearly justifying my point that rafale's canards are much beter in stealth design than canards

OMG (facepalm) what u compared "surface discontinuity in the T-50/Pak-Fa's airfoil gap as corner reflector surface??? lolllz
U forgot pakfa doent have any rounded surface protusion in it's wings & fuselarge junction like J20

Lollz It is minor criticism as u urself claim round surface are big No for stealth as in PAKFA IRST as it round .
as any round edge or surface may reflect some amount of radar waves back to it's source

blah ...

i am comparing the edges of all the 5th generation plane as it should be & J20 clearly has less edges & less angular as compare to all 5th gen fighters which is due to it's vintage design features like DELTA wing, Rounded lerx & CANARDS which clearly raises question mark on its effectiveness on stealth ground

LLOLLZ martian i had proved my case clearly but u turndown all my critiscism as minor .Meanwhile u can find all flaws in pakfa as major including Rounded IRST. This shows what double standard u have .
what J20 engine NOZZLES are serrated Seriously ???? ,have u ever compare F35 nozzles with J20 nozzles in ur life time

OMG (facepalm).!!!!

as usual martian time & again u have proved ur unrivalled stupidity in this planet ,nothing cant be the greatest example like
u have done here .HEY man i had compared only the stealth of rafale's canard with J20's canards which clearly is more stealthy as shown by me above .But god damn it u compare entire 4.5 gen rafale plane with a 5th gen J20 plane ..Hey man even a new born baby knows rafale is unstealthy compare to any 5th gen plane .This shows the height of stupidity u have attained today in the entire foruming history of yours .

Not only that u have posted a trash pic containing many wrong information about rafale's stealth .U r simply a great J%%K%$$

LOLLLZ martian perhaps u have said one thing right in ur entire lifetime about J20 .This is the reality yes it does but in terms of stealth
I think J-20 is made of plastic. it's just shit. no wonder they don't disclose it, because it doesn't have any fifth generation technologies.

AprilLyrics

blah ...

OMG (facepalm).!!!!

Comrades tough!

J20!

Country flag
A new J-20 prototype???

Note how the star is in a different position.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag

Lets go ahead and debunk some of this...

1) Rafale has a CFT config
2) Refueling probe is covered in RAM and angled for RCS reduction
3) Inlets hide the turbines
4) IRST surface is covered in gold shield
5) The entire surface of the plane is covered in RAM coat
6) Air ducts are tucked under the fuselage which hide inlets from top down radar
7) The internals of the cockpit are RCS shaped as well as the canopy containing gold and RAM coat on the mounts
8) Canard roots are not rounded at all
9) Nose area is reduced by its very nature of less surface area, RAM coat and the like
10) Rafale was not designed as 5th generation, RCS reduction effort was aimed at cancelling hot spots and IR signatures.

The best aspects of Rafale are top down, look up and head-on. It was designed for low level penetration avoiding AWACs radar sweeps. It is covered from the bottom with sawtooth shaping to break it up from ground radars and a small frontal surface area from head on, as well as lowered IR signatures. If you catch it from a level flight side aspect, it won't be great.

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag

Lets go ahead and debunk some of this...

1) Rafale has a CFT config
2) Refueling probe is covered in RAM and angled for RCS reduction
3) Inlets hide the turbines
4) IRST surface is covered in gold shield
5) The entire surface of the plane is covered in RAM coat
6) Air ducts are tucked under the fuselage which hide inlets from top down radar
7) The internals of the cockpit are RCS shaped as well as the canopy containing gold and RAM coat on the mounts
8) Canard roots are not rounded at all
9) Nose area is reduced by its very nature of less surface area, RAM coat and the like
10) Rafale was not designed as 5th generation, RCS reduction effort was aimed at cancelling hot spots and IR signatures.

The best aspects of Rafale are top down, look up and head-on. It was designed for low level penetration avoiding AWACs radar sweeps. It is covered from the bottom with sawtooth shaping to break it up from ground radars and a small frontal surface area from head on, as well as lowered IR signatures. If you catch it from a level flight side aspect, it won't be great.
Dude we all know rafale is a not a 5th gen fighter but it is far stealthy from all the chinese 4th or 4.5 gen fighter thats for sure .This fiasco started when
i visited the Chinesedefence.com / forums ,There i saw in j10 thread some as usual morronic chinese fanboys started claiming that rafale is no match
for J10b .Just when i saw this i replied there that no 4th or 4.5 Gen fighter is comparable to Rafale in technology & capablity .Just i left that forum ,& i was browsing that defence >PUK forum ,then suddenly i saw this guy invaded all my threads where i was posting & started posting craps that how dare
Dr somnath compare that ugly rafale with chinese great J10 jet .There after i taunted him that if u got balls then start a new thread comparing any chinese 4th or 4.5 gen fighter with rafale there i would reply u .Then he realise what great blunder he did then he posted some craps & fled .To teach
that guy a lesson i posted few stealth mistakes about j20 which he couldnt answer ,instead started pointing out stealth mistakes from rafale inorder to
save his face .:laugh:
Well as usual chinese fanboys self lauding their own product for no reason & criticisng any weapon India has or acquires even if that may be far superior to them .:lol:

arya

Country flag
well j20 is good plane . but we need to induct our Rafael ASAP

govt should singed the deal and let induct them , wee need fighter planes and that's on urgent level

and lca2 must be induct asap , we have to increase our numbers our old fighter planes are not sufficient

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag
I think J-20 is made of plastic. it's just shit. no wonder they don't disclose it, because it doesn't have any fifth generation technologies.
dude j20 is a quite an achievement fo china ,we should nt behave like chinese & paki fanboys like they sully our weapons but obviously u have the right
to express ur views (i mean bashing) . LOLLLZ

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles