J20 Stealth Fighter

tumi101124

sorry for the poor english~
and this is the first time to reply a thread here
say hi to everyone~!!
wish u the best for new year!

badguy2000

Respected Member
what happened on December,26th,2010 in CHina?
let's guess:

the final success of JL2?
CHinese new sapce shuttle?
the sucess of China National missle defence system?
or China signed alliance agreement with Transformers?

Frankly speaking ,except those those, I don' think anything else can be "more important" than J20.

badguy2000

Respected Member
JL2 sub-lanuching ICBM succeeded in tests on December,26th,2010

well, leaks from CD:

it is widely reported that JL2 sub-lauching ICBM succeeded in tests on December,26th,2010.

6 JL2 were launched continuously in the test and all succeeded.

Minghegy

Rumor: its big weapon bay was designed for carrying a small UAV(Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) and release it in battlefield.

forth

it doesn't make sense to launch an UAV from something this costly in battlefield.
Rumor: its big weapon bay was designed for carrying a small UAV(Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) and release it in battlefield.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
well, some fanboys find that there is one girl standing beside J20 in the picture released recently....it is reported that she is the designer of cockpit internal structure of the bird.

ppgj

first, kudos to the chinese for this leap. the bird looks menacing and fat. the DSI intake ala F35 and the bubble canopy are eye catching. this bird will now go thro' a rigorous trials and will see many changes as the FCS validates the frame step by step. a good beginning and a testament to china's focus and perseverence when it comes to "critical" defence technologies - a taboo, for any new player. the support of the chinese govt, armed forces and the people at large is vital to such ventures. congrats to all chinese members on the forum for a wonderful achievement.

now it is clear why the chinese "refused" PAKFA offer - there were reports to that effect. they have achieved what they set out for. though it will take another 10 years for this bird to be absorbed into the PLAAF roughly about the same time PAKFA will do - it says a lot - of the chinese "independance" against "dependance" not so long ago - a "story" GOI, it's armed forces and the people have missed for a long time and i hope atleast now will get their act together.

in modern times economic growth and security of a country go hand in hand. they do not work in isolation. they complement each other.

china started off with RE of the russian arms and systems from 70s and as the economy grew they infused heavy funds into defence R&D with multiple design teams working simultaneously and competing against each other. there were and will be (like any where) failures along the way. that did not deter them and the results are there for everyone to see - J10, J11 and now J20 besides all sorts of missiles, subs, tanks etc...

contrast that to India. even a good effort is scoffed at, derided by it's people, armed forces don't show the same entusiasm as they show to an imported system even when the local one is similar or even better, GOI does not show resoluteness and keeps silence. too much democracy some times can hinder and it is worse when it comes to nation's security and it's defence independance!!! the cost of not achieving it will be catastrophic. times are ever changing. a friend today will be a foe tomorrow and viceversa. look at this - EU already is thinking of removing the "embargo" on china -

http://www.zeenews.com/news677614.html

is it surprising?? i don't think so. EU knows that China has passed the rubicon and it serves no purpose in losing business!!! the fact that this comes as soon as china unveils it's 5th gen fighter only shows the predicament the EU finds itself in.

indians "used" to imported systems in the hope that the same will not be given to china find themselves in a spot!! what is also missed on the GOI/ARMED FORCES is - it is precisely the "export control regimes" of the USA and NATO countries which have given them AGNIs, PRITHVIs, AKASHs, ARIHANTs, ARJUNs, TEJASs.... no country is going to pass on their critical technologies even at a cost. that will be denied till the point you reach there and this is why India needs to pump in lot of funds into the R&D, involve the private sector, create multiple design pools for all the systems we want. time is of essence and in this it's people, forces, govt all have to work in unison. failures are common as the obstacles are steep but perseverence and focus should never be lost. smaller nitpicks should not be blown out of proportion just because democracy gives one the right to crticise. shortfalls have to be analysed, solved along the way. funding should never be a problem because of some failures or shortfalls. that would be short sightedness in the short term and disastorous in the long (HF 24 MARUT rings a bell). this is where the story of china needs to be seen and emulated.

hope AMCA will get greater attention and funding to see light atleast a decade from now.

fwiw.

gogbot

Well , by this point i might as well be a fool , if i still though it was a fake.
Guess i owe a friend of mine some money.

The J-20 is certainly is good looking aircraft , not that it matters much really.
i Certainly am a fan of those deploy able canards , if in fact that's what they are.

I think its a bit too early to be talking about the stealth of an aircraft without actually seeing how it looks underneath.

here is a little front end comparison of the varrious FGFA

A lot of us have had thoughts about the actual size of the J-20.
Here is a little comparison with the J-10 , that i came across as well

for those interested
Some of the missiles that the J-20 could be using

I have doubts about the plane(among many others) regarding the planes ability to use TVC or SC.
One can't just add them latter on as they have to be written into the FCL from the get go. so if they are not on there now , they probably wont be on there when its inducted.

I really think the planes size and also the possible exclusion of TVC , that the J-20 may be a Strike aircraft , with a secondary interceptor role .
That makes it very dangerous in my view, you can very easily carry big cruise missiles on a plane that size , which is frankly its greatest asset in my view.

As a strike aircraft, it has a lot of potential. As long as its stealth holds up.
but its air to air capabilities are rooted to radar and Stealth capabilities and its too early to comment on that.

I like the J-20 , It's size could allow for a gigantic internal weapons bay.
Allbieth radar and engines are still a question make .

I am guessing this aircraft is not cheap , most likely more expensive than the PAk-FA.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For us this under scores the importance of the FGFA to the IAF. We may even see more initial orders of the PAK-fa before the FGFA.
MoD should definitely take note and ensure AMCA is gets their full attention. As well as the development of the Astra missile.

Last edited:

nimo_cn

Country flag
Well , I just finshed thumbing through the whole thread. Pages of wrestling over the credibility of this rumor until some clear pictures were posted.

I don't blame Indian members who refused to believe the existence of J20 in the first place, because I, though being a Chinese, was skeptical about it before I saw the pictures. The Chinese way of handling such highly classified defence project bewilders many, including me.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
this is very close to what JXX at present is, this is tall still good to study JXX

is it JXX or 5G bomber ???

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
The chinese fighters nose looks like a boat rather than a Aircraft! Its very disproportionate, i wonder if turning the entire rudder helps in anyway!!

visso

this year surgeg forth such big inovation, and it is going like next year,. yes, I am more than agree with pionts

Country flag
This was a good time for China to reveal it's prototype India can make a better decision regarding MRCA,LCA,PAKFA and possibly MCA program,USA can make better changes to JSF,F-22,F-15 programs and Japan and South Korea can advance their fifth generation plane programs, this will be a good catalysts for countries to also work together to counter the Chinese.

badguy2000

Respected Member
This was a good time for China to reveal it's prototype India can make a better decision regarding MRCA,LCA,PAKFA and possibly MCA program,USA can make better changes to JSF,F-22,F-15 programs and Japan and South Korea can advance their fifth generation plane programs, this will be a good catalysts for countries to also work together to counter the Chinese.
guy, only 3 countries,USA,Russia and CHina , can develope 5G birds.

Of course, if united, EU also could devleope one.but UK,France and Germany always quarrel with each...so

SHASH2K2

guy, only 3 countries,USA,Russia and CHina , can develope 5G birds.

Of course, if united, EU also could devleope one.but UK,France and Germany always quarrel with each...so
SO ? They are going to get F35 and will start working on 5th generation very soon. Who know USA may reopen F22 Raptor production lines.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles