J20 Stealth Fighter

Minghegy

in fact, several weeks ago, Russia still tells everyone all over that China want to buy su35!
Russia set an "India barrier" for China, doesn't sell weapons more advanced than India's to China, for example sell India Su30MKI, and sell China Su30MKK, it's sure Indian can't claiming "Russian cheated Indian".

I personally hope set an "India barrier" back, China doesn't cooperate with Russian more advanced than Russia-India cooperation.

badguy2000

Respected Member
Russia set an "India barrier" for China, doesn't sell weapons more advanced than India's to China, for example sell India Su30MKI, and sell China Su30MKK, it's sure Indian can't claiming "Russian cheated Indian".

I personally hope set an "India barrier" back, China doesn't cooperate with Russian more advanced than Russia-India cooperation.
well, case is that CHinese defence industry can threaten Russia's while India's defence industry can not. that is why Russia can sell more advanced tech to India

Minghegy

well, case is that CHinese defence industry can threaten Russia's while India's defence industry can not. that is why Russia can sell more advanced tech to India
If they afraid of that, they would sell nothing to China, I think it shows a priority of Russian policy, although China and Russia support each other in many domains.
Anyway, some Russian experts worked or still working for top projects in China, they are our hero.

Last edited:

ReneDad

Russia didn't sell something like Su30MKI to China becasue PLAAF didn't want to pay the price which IAF has paid, and I have to say that PLAAF is the smarter one who knows its weapons, never pays the function it is unlikely to be used in predictable future but saves the money to fund and develope indigenous technology.

Russia or Soviet helped China a lot in the past years, of course China also helped Russia a lot. You may complain that the planes Russia sold to India is better (and the price is higher..) than it sold to China, but Russians will not teach India how to design a plane---but Russians did, wholeheartedly, teach Chinese how to design planes in 1950s! I think we should remember these even if we no longer depend on Russian's help on most fields now.

badguy2000

Respected Member
If they afraid of that, they would sell nothing to China, I think it shows a priority of Russian policy, although China and Russia support each other in many domains.
Anyway, some Russian experts worked or still working for top projects in China, they are our hero.
Russia sold SU27 to CHina in 1990s,purely because they underestimated the potential and advance of Chinese aircraft industry at that time.

When Russians sold su27 to China in 1990s,they knew CHina would R-E it,but never believed that China could R-E it and produce J11B in 10 years.

Last edited:

A.V.

Reading the article benny posted and reading other pieces of information as i said in the article i wrote last night , this j-0 might not be the plane that china wishes to mass produce , this might be a testing prototype of a product in future which will be based on data from this prototype , many small projects are going on simultaneously and the final product might be something of a join of all three

and its really funny when members try and see a picture and judge capabilities , believe it a picture dosent reveal capabilities of a developing fighter , as for pakfa , sukhoi has a lot up their sleeve to make it a potent threat tehre is no doubt and a little bit reading would help all to understand that its a no mean fighter after all 5th gen is not only about stealth , its about a lot more than stealth , the ultimate aim is complete air dominance , if a fighter is able to dominate the other similar machines in the air , then stealth or no stealth its an achievement

while j-20 is a good achievement for china and after almost 10-5 years of work has gone in this project thats a claim which is proven correct ,and so i expect that hard work starts now , its not like china did the plane in 2 months and expects to produce it in lines in about 4 months

A.V.

Russia sold SU27 to CHina in 1990s,purely because they underestimated the potential and advance of Chinese aircraft industry at that time.
chinese aviation industry in 1990 both CAC/611 and SAC/601 during that time was mere potential and nothing more there is no question of under estimation as there was nothing to estimate at that time , either was china an economic power as is today nor was an industrial and technological hub it was sold on a buyer seller relationship
chinese aviation industry picked up only in middle of the 90s with increased spending and support and coming together of a lot of factors

A.V.

lol who is making an ass of themself
i guess the answer to the question is not needed as your chest thumping from a mere picture shows what kind of an attitude and understanding you have about the debate , in a debate to raise points and counterpoints is the norm and one is always bound to cross question and ask for explanation but i guess for a frog in the well a streak of light is mistaken as the sun in whole

A.V.

MINGHEY that line of yours proves to all what i has been saying in my article last night read the link i provided on last page this plane is an effort of a group of russian expatriot engineers who helped from the scratch 15 years ago and are continuing to work even today , there is no harm in it and its nothing bad but people fail to see this and thump chests uselessly when credit must be given to many small factors as these and many other hardworking people

badguy2000

Respected Member

There are videos, but no one dears to post it.

Or if someone do posts it, it will be deleted immediately. You should know, we have no access to Youtube, the only option would be posting it on China's domestic videosharing sites, like youku.com. And that means immediate delete.

A.V.

badguy do you have the video file with you then give me i will post it from here just transfer the video file on my mail or a si said you dont need youtube u can upload on our video hosting site it will be like youtube and nobody going to delete it will be on our server

Minghegy

MINGHEY that line of yours proves to all what i has been saying in my article last night read the link i provided on last page this plane is an effort of a group of russian expatriot engineers who helped from the scratch 15 years ago and are continuing to work even today , there is no harm in it and its nothing bad but people fail to see this and thump chests uselessly when credit must be given to many small factors as these and many other hardworking people
My words doesn't mean they were working in J20 project. J20's secret level seems very high, neither one predicted its shape or size (size almost means purpose) before more than one week, contrary to J-10's shape were known by public in middle of 1990s.
I doubt that Russian experts have helped in J20, that has a very different aerodynamic style from Russian fighters.

Last edited:

rockdog

Country flag
one more detail image, if considering that China recently has 3-4 supercomputers within top20 rank of world's fastest computer,
such kind of stealth design must be fully and massively calculated and verified by computers...

China Grabs Supercomputing Leadership Spot in Latest Ranking of World's Top 500 Supercomputers
http://www.top500.org/lists/2010/11/press-release

No.1, No.3, No.28, No.35 are Chinese from Top10
http://www.top500.org/lists/2010/11

Last edited:

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
I have faith in everything except the engine.
5th-G bird (In China J20 is 4th-G) is a big project with many sub-projects, building it was not be prompted by a sudden impulse.
In September, Russia media still imagining sell T50 to China after 2025.
Still a long way for Chine to go to make this bare-bone 5th gen fighter a reality.

1) You need a better engine than AL-31 to fly this not-so-slim fighter to at least have a thrust to weight ratio of 1 and for super cruise capability.
2) AESA radar is still a far reach for China as of yet.
3) You need modern and better avionics fit for a 5th gen fighter
4) Stealth is still not complete - bigger canards, larger size of the fighter and an engine wanting to be detected by IR sensors.
5) And finally you need start-of-the-art sensor fusion technologies for better self-awareness and I think China is nowhere near achieving this.

Till then 5th Gen fighter is not complete. I would say it will take at least 10-15 years to achieve all this.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod

Su30MKI was made advanced than Chinese Su30MKK due to Indian upgrade of Russian avionics and sensors with Israeli, French and some Indigenous technology. We got same Su30 as that Chinese Su30.

Russia may not be selling China advanced stuff due to the fears of stealing the technology, simple.

Minghegy

Still a long way for Chine to go to make this bare-bone 5th gen fighter a reality.

1) You need a better engine than AL-31 to fly this not-so-slim fighter to at least have a thrust to weight ratio of 1 and for super cruise capability.
2) AESA radar is still a far reach for China as of yet.
3) You need modern and better avionics fit for a 5th gen fighter
4) Stealth is still not complete - bigger canards, larger size of the fighter and an engine wanting to be detected by IR sensors.
5) And finally you need start-of-the-art sensor fusion technologies for better self-awareness and I think China is nowhere near achieving this.

Till then 5th Gen fighter is not complete. I would say it will take at least 10-15 years to achieve all this.
1) The first component of WS15 prototype was delivered in 2005, there was a picture of the ceremony.
2) AESA already on J11B and will on J10B.
3) J11B has modern avionics for sure.
4) J20 should be heavy stealth platform, another 5th-G fighter should smaller than it.
5) If you know nothing, shut up is the best choice.

prahladh

Respected Member
Do the think-tank in Malaysia know about these pics. They might consider a more feasible J20 rather than a UCAV to counter IAF.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles