ISRO General News and Updates

Chinmoy

Country flag
dont worry ISRO will not get disracted.ISRO was made for doing science and research to extend our capabilites for the betterment and upliftment of society..

Right now ,ISRO is becoming sort of Commerical space industry good but we need to focus on science..as far as launching satellites ,payload is concerned ISRO is planning to erect few Private players in India like spaceX..
so that they get freed from this repititive job of launching satellite,which will give more time to ISRO to allocate its fund in exploring space and new related tech.

like you i use to think Space station is bull and why should we copy others.. but in fact if you are planning to push human exploration in space .Space stations are must in order to study human physciology,vrious physcial phenomena etc in micro /zero gravity.effect of radiation, plant growth, fluid flow , how fire spread ,,from little to big things all works different in zero gravity..

MANY RESEARCH DONE IN SPACE HAVE BEEN FOUND FRUITFUL ON EARTH

understanding of such things will enable any space organisation to plan their missions in deep space - like mars,moon,asteroids etc in a better way with minimal failures.. No other sapce prg will share you their experiments , so you have to develop your own station

DEVELOPING space station is a long curve . it will not happen overnight or in 2 years. it takes time ,so you plan early and plan well.
space sattion in future will not be just restricted to Reasearch but will also serve as spacecraft assembly Yard, resting station for deep space missions.may serve as a Railway Junction to moon ,mars..
I do agree with you. But there are other ways to do the same. Instead of going through the whole process to build up such a heavy center and maintaining it, which is even more tough case then building one, IMO ISRO should look for future collaboration.

Look at NASA, why they are talking about decommissioning ISS and not giving any clear view of any further venture in this field. The only factor which seems plausible right now is funds in maintaining it. Look at other partnering countries like JAPAN, EU and CANADA's role in ISS. Do you think they are playing any less role then US or Russia? CANADA had gifted one of the most important part to NASA, the CANADA ARM.

So instead of moving towards one full fledged Space Station, we could simply collaborate with other space agencies for using one right now. Through this way we could be in a win win situation instead of taking a much longer and expensive Space Station buildup. Its just like sending Rakesh Sharma up in Soyuz as of now instead of talking about undertaking Mission Colombia.:biggrin2:

Akask kumar

I do agree with you. But there are other ways to do the same. Instead of going through the whole process to build up such a heavy center and maintaining it, which is even more tough case then building one, IMO ISRO should look for future collaboration.

Look at NASA, why they are talking about decommissioning ISS and not giving any clear view of any further venture in this field. The only factor which seems plausible right now is funds in maintaining it. Look at other partnering countries like JAPAN, EU and CANADA's role in ISS. Do you think they are playing any less role then US or Russia? CANADA had gifted one of the most important part to NASA, the CANADA ARM.

So instead of moving towards one full fledged Space Station, we could simply collaborate with other space agencies for using one right now. Through this way we could be in a win win situation instead of taking a much longer and expensive Space Station buildup. Its just like sending Rakesh Sharma up in Soyuz as of now instead of talking about undertaking Mission Colombia.:biggrin2:
Rakesh sharma went on soyuz , because we didnt have the capability. with construction of HLV,ULV.. we will have capability of lifting like any other space agency.. though I liked your Idea , of collaborating with other space angency Singing MOU to use their space station for research.but nothing comes free..
here comes 2 condition..

1> either do joint venture with other space agency russia,Usa,europe etc like ISS .. so that we can have our own little module attached to their.instead of building a complete station on on our own..its good and two days ago i was in for it ,, you can read my previous comment . But this has problem.The reason why ISS getting decommission ,not coz of any technical failure or NASA ill-will but collaboration issue.. Big part of ISS was funded and managed by ESA and for some reason they are pulling back their support against the will of Nasa,canada etc..so the cost for maintaing the ISS gets transferred to rest of the space agency and they cant bear this extra burden.
Russia will just separate its module from ISS and will form its own space station(OPSEK)
.so it doesnt care whether ISS survives or not..

watch from 26:10 .

2> even if we share some space station with china,russia like Rakesh sharma, it will not be free, they will charge per hour/time and resource we will use up there and i guess that will be quite expensive and over the period of time the amount paid as rent will exceed the amount required to put a little station of our own..
so if you have the skill to ride a bike and economically good will your rent a bike or buy one..??

we should make space station not as big as ISS or chinese or russian .. but a small one comprising of few modules initially, so that its easy to maintain or we should opt for INFLATED space station.. lower price,maintainace and double the size..

read about Bigelow space station module.

space station has wider scope than just doing research. in future it will be used as ground station for sending astronauts to moon or to asteroid. building/assembling ships in space,i said it will be a Railway junction.. "train yahi se khulegi and deivert hogi "

Last edited:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Country flag
ISRO Plans Scramjet Engine Test Atop Its Heaviest Sounding Rocket in July
Advanced Technology Vehicle – that’s the name of the ‘rocket’ that ISRO will be testing mid-July, in the second in the series of experiments the organisation is conducting en route to developing India’s first reusable launch vehicle (RLV).
On May 23, ISRO tested a scaled-down prototype of the RLV, dubbed RLV-TD for ‘technology demonstrator’. It comprised an airplane-shaped upper stage fixed to a solid rocket booster and hoicked to 70 km. There, the booster fell off and the RLV-TD was manoeuvred by an onboard computer to glide down into the Indian Ocean, where it disintegrated. (Note: the technical details of this mission were published by ISRO a few days ago.)
A six-times-larger version of the RLV-TD is eventually expected to be built by ISRO by 2030. Once ready, it will be able to launch satellites into the low-Earth orbit and sail back down to land, like a conventional airplane, on a custom runway. With it, ISRO hopes to be able to reduce launch costs by 10-times as well as reduce payload cost from the prevailing $5,000/kg to $2,000/kg. The global average is much higher.
The RLV’s economy is enhanced it if it is able to lift heavier payloads. One way to achieve this is by reducing the amount of oxidisers that the vehicle will carry. The PSLV rocket carries 225 tonnes of propellants when it launches, and each mission can lift 3,250 kg to the low-Earth orbit at a cost of Rs 90 crore. About 70% of the propellants are oxidisers: compounds that allow the combustion of the fuel itself. However, ISRO plans to use a kind of engine onboard the RLV that will be able to suck in oxygen from the atmosphere, so the vehicle won’t have to carry an oxidiser for that engine.
The Advanced Technology Vehicle (ATV) to be tested mid-July will test precisely this component. And for this, ISRO engineers have designed an indigenous scramjet engine.
In a regular engine, a fuel-oxygen combination is pumped into a combustion chamber, where a spark plug (or equivalent) ignites the mixture to release energy. In a vehicle powered by a scramjet engine, the vehicle carries only the fuel. Once it has been launched using a conventional engine and goes supersonic, the scramjet engine will inhale oxygen from the atmosphere to ignite the fuel. In effect, it’s a modified ramjet engine but with the ability to function at supersonic velocities.
ISRO plans to affix an ATV bearing a scramjet engine on a two-stage sounding rocket during the mid-July test. The first stage of the rocket will – like in the first test – take the ATV to a height of about 70 km and fall off. Then, the ATV will coast for a bit before starting to plummet. During the coasting phase, the ATV will be travelling at Mach 6 (2 km/s). That’s when ISRO plans to test the scramjet engine for five seconds.
Sounding rockets are typically one- or two-stage projectiles that are used to probe the upper atmosphere. According to ISRO, the ATV will be the second stage of an RH-560 sounding rocket. ‘RH’ stands for the Rohini class of sounding rockets and 560 is its diameter in millimetres.
The RH-560 was previously tested in March 2010, when it was qualified as being India’s heaviest sounding rocket at three tonnes. During that test, designated ATV-D01, the rocket successfully maintained a velocity of Mach 6 for seven seconds as well as attained a dynamic pressure of around 80 kilopascals. A statement released apropos ATV-D01 had said, “It carried a passive scramjet engine combustor module as a test bed for demonstration of air-breathing propulsion technology. … These conditions are required for a stable ignition of active scramjet engine combustor module planned in the next flight of ATV.”
Though the ATV test slated for mid-July is the second in a series that will lead up to the building of the RLV, it is not one of the four ‘broader’ experiments some of whose details ISRO had already announced. The first, called HEX 1, was conducted on May 23. Its purpose was to test the guiding computer onboard the RLV-TD and the performance of heat-resistant tiles affixed to the vehicle. In the second test, called a landing experiment (LEX), ISRO will attempt to land an RLV-TD on a custom runway parked in the middle of the Indian Ocean.
In the third test, an RLV-TD will be launched by a sounding rocket and made to land on the runway in a single mission. In the fourth, the vehicle will be actively powered by a scramjet engine. The dates for the last three tests haven’t been announced.
Apart from using a scramjet engine, ISRO has said that the RLV will also be fit with five semi-cryogenic engines. Its payload capacity to the low-Earth orbit is expected to be in the range of 10,000-20,000 kg. To compare, India’s heaviest extant rocket, the GSLV Mk-III, uses one cryogenic engine to be able to lift 8,000 kg to the same orbit. These specifications may pall in comparison to those offered by other spaceflight players, especially SpaceX, by the time the RLV is ready in 2030. SpaceX’s Falcon 9 rocket can already lift 13,000 kg to the low-Earth orbit for about $57 million (Rs 382 crore).
However, ISRO chief A.S. Kiran had told Frontline in an interview in May this year, “In principle, even if the cost comes down by 50 per cent, it is worth it. After factoring in the logistics of recovering it, etc., whatever it can bring down is worth it.”
Courtesy: IDRW

Akask kumar

10 tonne to 20 tonne in LEO by RLV is impressive and unmatched, but long way to go(2030).Its the future of satellite launch.only spacecraft to challenge this will be SKYLON.

i am worried about the mechanism that ISRO will use to put RLV in supersonic stage.Prima facie it appears it will use big solid boosters(like NASA shuttle except the central orange tank) on final model to propel it to supersonic before scramjet are fired.. but solid boosters will cost heavily.

it will be better if By 2030 we have heavy aircarft carriers that fly at supersonic speeds so that RLV can be piggy backed instead of using rockets

Chinmoy

Country flag
i guess that will be quite expensive
Now this is the main reason why I am not in favor of one. Expense. As of now, neither GoI nor ISRO does have the leisure of taking such an expensive project.

So let us be in a position to undertake something so big before trying anything in this regard. But it doesn't mean that we should not be taking up any project on HLV. Those are the future.

Akask kumar

Now this is the main reason why I am not in favor of one. Expense. As of now, neither GoI nor ISRO does have the leisure of taking such an expensive project.

So let us be in a position to undertake something so big before trying anything in this regard. But it doesn't mean that we should not be taking up any project on HLV. Those are the future.
but if we wait too long then we will be left behind .. first develop develop heavy rockets , even japs have better rocket than us and they started their program,JAXA in 2003(i guess)..[it quite a achievement for a new space program]

i think the moment ISRO send its Vyomanaut in space. space station work will get kick started . in 5 years we will be a much better economy & funds allocated to ISRO will also grow.

ISS is costly because it is Huge .maintaining any huge complex structure is costly and in space its double costly..but a single small module structure initially will not cost much. if placed in right orbit..maintaince will be not high..

ISS was placed in wrong orbit , so it takes good fuel to keep it in right orbit.. if we plan well lot of useless cost can be minimized..

if ISRO cant keep cost down then we can use russian Space station in future..

station is important if you plan to mine moon in future.you need to study human body in space and other physical phenomena.... Lets see how ISRO plans..

Last edited:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Country flag
but if we wait too long then we will be left behind .. first develop develop heavy rockets , even japs have better rocket than us and they started their program,JAXA in 2003(i guess)..[it quite a achievement for a new space program]

i think the moment ISRO send its Vyomanaut in space. space station work will get kick started . in 5 years we will be a much better economy & funds allocated to ISRO will also grow.

ISS is costly because it is Huge .maintaining any huge complex structure is costly and in space its double costly..but a single small module structure initially will not cost much. if placed in right orbit..maintaince will be not high..

ISS was placed in wrong orbit , so it takes good fuel to keep it in right orbit.. if we plan well lot of useless cost can be minimized..

station is important if you plan to mine moon in future.you need to study human body in space and other physical phenomena.... Lets see how ISRO plans..
Work being done on HLV isn't zero.
We can design, demonstrate them in smaller rockets, expensive part (making the HLV) gonna be carried out later when a high budget is released.:)

Chinmoy

Country flag

Now there are two perspective to look into it. I am looking through one whereas you are looking through another.
My point is, we needn't wait and see others. Let us keep on developing and improving what we have as of now and try to capitalize on it. I am not against developing a space module or human flight. Ofcourse we should do it, but we shouldn't get over indulged in it. Space mining is something which is not yet conceptualized seriously due to international law on space, but again it doesn't mean that it would not be done. We should keep on working towards it, but while doing so lets not let go off what we have now.
As of now deploying a test module is another thing and talking about a full fledged ISS is another thing. Putting a man on moon or in space is much cheaper then putting one space module in orbit, manning it and maintaining it.

Akask kumar

Now there are two perspective to look into it. I am looking through one whereas you are looking through another.
My point is, we needn't wait and see others. Let us keep on developing and improving what we have as of now and try to capitalize on it. I am not against developing a space module or human flight. Ofcourse we should do it, but we shouldn't get over indulged in it. Space mining is something which is not yet conceptualized seriously due to international law on space, but again it doesn't mean that it would not be done. We should keep on working towards it, but while doing so lets not let go off what we have now.
As of now deploying a test module is another thing and talking about a full fledged ISS is another thing. Putting a man on moon or in space is much cheaper then putting one space module in orbit, manning it and maintaining it.
ok.. i agree.putting a man in space is different than having a module ... If cost is the problem with ISRO in future.. then at least we should develop the relevant technology like docking , life support .. etc so that when time is right we dnt take too long to put a space station up there..

i think when US will be busy sending astronaut on mars and yelling we did it next decade.. ISRO should not copy that instead we should eye our neighbor moon and start mining it..

you seem too worried about ISRO dominance in launching rocket.. well what you think ISRO will do with its time and budget when Indian private space org will take this job next decade?

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Country flag
ok.. i agree.putting a man in space is different than having a module ... If cost is the problem with ISRO in future.. then at least we should develop the relevant technology like docking , life support .. etc so that when time is right we dnt take too long to put a space station up there..

i think when US will be busy sending astronaut on mars and yelling we did it next decade.. ISRO should not copy that instead we should eye our neighbor moon and start mining it..

you seem too worried about ISRO dominance in launching rocket.. well what you think ISRO will do with its time and budget when Indian private space org will take this job next decade?
Such missions gonna occur in 2030-35 and we would have become a $10-12 trillion economy by then. So, I don't guess there will be no problem of fund. ISRO gonna undertake it just after manned spaceflight.
But you guys are in so hurry who want ISRO to make space station today immediately.:biggrin2:
That's creating the problem.
BTW, ISRO has no problem. They will be allocated correct funds at correct time.:D

Akask kumar

Such missions gonna occur in 2030-35 and we would have become a $10-12 trillion economy by then. So, I don't guess there will be no problem of fund. ISRO gonna undertake it just after manned spaceflight.
But you guys are in so hurry who want ISRO to make space station today immediately.:biggrin2:
That's creating the problem.
BTW, ISRO has no problem. They will be allocated correct funds at correct time.:D
:india2:.. acutally my excitement level goes high on Space realted news every one wants to witness historic moment in his/her lifetime.. i agree with you..

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Country flag
96 p.c. of matter in universe remains unexplored: ISRO chief

Medical Education Minister Sharanprakash Patil conferring the Chinnada Kanti Award on A.S. Kiran Kumar, chairman, Indian Space Research Organisation, in Kalaburagi on Saturday. —Photo: Arun Kulkarni
A.S. Kiran Kumar, chairman, Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), has said that the research work in space science by developed and developing countries is limited to a mere 4 per cent of the matter in universe and the rest remains unexplored and is considered as dark matter.
He was here on Saturday to receive the Chinnada Kanti Award instituted by Sri Guru Chikkaveereshwara Samasthana Hiremutt at Srinivas Saradagi in Kalaburagi district.
Dr. Kumar said that India had made rapid strides in space technology and one of the marked achievements was the launch of the low cost planetary travel mission.
He said that the satellites launched by the ISRO had helped achieve breakthroughs in the fields of communication, navigation, weather forecast, climate and environmental monitoring and safety observations for search and rescue of people hit by disasters. Dr. Kumar, who interacted with students, said that one should have inward looking, creative thinking, and experimenting capabilities to invent and achieve new things. He said that ‘dharma’ and science were two sides of the same coin. Following ‘dharma’ in a righteous manner and bringing it into practice in a scientific way was necessary to achieve the desired result. Medical Education Minister Sharanprakash Patil conferred the award on Dr. Kumar. H.M. Maheshwaraiah, Vice-Chancellor, Central University of Karnataka; S.R. Niranjana, Vice-Chancellor, Gulbarga University; Basavaraj Bhimalli, president, Hyderabad Karnataka Education Society; Revenasidda Shivacharyaru; and Somasekhar Tengli; president, Hyderabad Karnataka Chamber of Commerce and Industry, were present.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Country flag
ISRO soon to test-fly scramjet engine model
The Indian Space research Organisation (ISRO) is slated to test fly this month a small model of what is called a ‘scramjet’ engine that could one day help to put satellites and other systems to space.
Scientists are quietly keeping their fingers crossed about it. This half-metre, 45-kg model could later grow to power a future dream Indian rocket of two stages (compared to three and four stages at present); a rocket that launches satellites and systems super efficiently at much lower costs than now.
Reliable
The scramjet bid is a move towards faster, cheaper, better rockets; if it works, an eventual launch vehicle using a scramjet engine can be very reliable compared to conventional rocket systems that use liquid or cryogenic systems, said a propulsion scientist who did not want to be named.
In March 2010, the ISRO tested a passive scramjet engine module on a customised sounding (experimental) rocket, named Advanced Technology Vehicle (ATV-D01).
The specialty of the ‘scramjet’ engine is that it ‘inhales’ air from the atmosphere and uses its oxygen to burn. In turn it pushes the vehicle and helps to release the satellite in it to space. Regular launchers now carry liquid oxygen or an oxidiser to fire the engine.
In the upcoming experiment — or demonstration — of the air breathing technology, a small model of a scramjet engine is flown on the experimental ATV to a certain distance in space and ignited. The ISRO expects to sustain the engine for five seconds this time.
K.Sivan, Director of Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC) which is the lead centre for launcher activities, had earlier told The Hindu that sustaining the engine burn for even this tiny duration is extremely challenging.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Country flag
It appears ATV-D02 Scramjet test flight is scheduled for July 18! [Telugu] (Reddit)
Google Translation suggests the experimental flight is planned for 18th of this month but time is not set yet and will be decided a day before launch depending on weather criteria.
18న షార్‌ నుంచి ఏటీవీ ప్రయోగం

శ్రీహరికోట, సూర్య ప్రతి నిధి : భారత అంతరిక్ష ప్రయోగ కేంద్రమైన శ్రీ పొట్టి శ్రీరాములు నెల్లూరు జిల్లాలోని సతీశ్ ధావన్ రోదసీ కేంద్రం నుంచి ఈ నెల 18న అడ్వాన్స్‌డ్ టెక్నా లజీ వెహికల్ (ఏటీవీ) రాకె ట్ ప్రయోగం చేసేందుకు సన్నాహాలు చేస్తున్నారు. భారత అంతరిక్ష పరిశోధన సంస్థ మొదటిసారిగా ఈ ప్రయోగాన్ని చేస్తోంది. దీని వల్ల ఖర్చు ఆదాతో పాటు ఉపగ్రహాల బరువును పెంచుకునే వీలుంది. దీనికి సంబంధించి ఏర్పాట్లు జరుగుతున్నాయి. ఈ నెల 18న ఎన్ని గంటలకు ప్రయోగం జరిగేది ఇంకా నిర్ణయం కాలేదు. ముందు రోజు వాతావరణ పరిస్థితులన్నీ పరిశీలించి సమయాన్ని ఖరారు చేయనున్నారు. భూ వాతావరణంలోని గాలినే ఇంధనంగా వినియోగించుకునే స్క్రామ్‌జెట్ ఇంజిన్ ద్వారా ఈ రాకెట్‌కు రూపకల్పన చేశారు. దీన్ని పూర్తి స్వదేశీ పరిజ్ఞానంతో రూపొందించారు. ఇప్పటివరకు పంపుతున్న ఆర్‌హెచ్ 560 రాకెట్‌కు ఈ స్క్రామ్‌జెట్ ఇంజిన్‌ను అమర్చి ప్రయోగించనున్నారు. దీనినే అడ్వాన్స్‌డ్ టెక్నాలజీ వెహికల్ అని పిలుస్తున్నారు. తిరువనంతపురంలోని విక్రమ్ సారాభాయ్ స్పేస్ సెంటర్ ప్రొపల్షన్ కాంప్లెక్సు (మహేంద్రగిరి)లో రూపకల్పన చేశారు. రాకెట్ నింగిలోకి 70 కిలోమీటర్ల మేర వెళ్లిన తర్వాత ఇంజిన్‌ను వేరు చేసి మండిస్తారు. స్క్రామ్‌జెట్‌ను ఉపయోగించి చేయనున్న ఈ ప్రయోగం ద్వారా అధిక ఒత్తిడి వస్తుందని ఇస్రో వర్గాలు ఆశిస్తున్నాయి. ఇంధనాన్ని మిల్లీ సెకన్లలో మండించాల్సి ఉంటుంది.
http://www.suryaa.com/news/andhra-pradesh/article.asp?contentId=253509
@Akask kumar

Gessler

Country flag
@Indx TechStyle

Dunno if this was posted/discussed before but...I'm getting news about what might well be Aditya-L5, a follow-up launch to L1. It's also been suggested that a total of 4 missions will be undertaken to L1 and L5 points. Two primary spacecraft, and two for replenishment.

Chinmoy

Country flag

Right now there is no pvt org in India like Space X, who would be taking care of satellite launch in immediate future. For next decade or so, it would be ISRO only for India. But yeah, ISRO would have to bring into account the pvt co's to take care of some of its need including satellite launch.
What I am saying is, right now we should look into our immediate needs. Manned space flight, galactic excursions, space mining are all important, but not immediate concern for us IMO. What we need right now is a strong satellite presence for both civilian and strategic purpose and ISRO is doing a commendable job in it. So instead of deviating large sum and effort towards intergalactic mission, they should channelize it to this purpose.
Let them outsource few of there on station jobs like designing of capsules, docking stations et.al to some pvt orgs like what they had done for Vyomnout suit. This way they could give ample attention to development of HLVs and other much needed components as of now. :)

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Country flag
Story of the Week - Indian Space Research Organization
Space-based Distance Learning for ITIs

The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), Department of Space (DoS), Government of India represented by its Development & Educational Communication Unit (DECU), Ahmedabad has entered into the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE), Government of India, New Delhi, represented by National Instructional Media Institute (NIMI), Chennai to setup a Space-based Distance Learning Programme on July 15, 2016.
MSDE has an ambitious target for increasing skill development in the country for creating a large workforce with appropriate skill sets, as a large mismatch exists between supply and demand of the skilled workforce. The vocational training facilities in the country have grown substantially in the last few years. There are around 2,200 government and 10,800 private Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs), constituting the largest vocational training infrastructure in the country.
MSDE plans to extend distance learning to all ITIs in the country, which has potential to benefit around 18 lakh (1.8 million) students, attending courses in different fields. MSDE comprehends that space technology is an important tool which must be leveraged for enhancing and strengthening the training and outreach activities and is keen on adopting satellite based communication to reach out to this large population in a short span of time. Accordingly, a MoU between ISRO and MSDE was signed in the presence of Secretary and Joint Secretaries of MSDE to setup a Space-based Distance Learning Programme (SDLP), which includes the deployment of both interactive and non-interactive terminals in thousands of ITIs spread across the country.
The MoU was exchanged between Dr. Jitendra Singh, Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Space and Shri Rajiv Pratap Rudy, Minister of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (Independent Charge) in the august presence of Hon’ble President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee during the "India Skills-2016" event organized at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi. The occasion was also graced by Hon’ble Ministers Shri Venkaiah Naidu (Urban Development), Smt. Smriti Irani (Textiles) and Shri Prakash Javadekar (Human Resources Development).

The Hon’ble President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee launching the International Skill Centre during the "India Skills-2016" event

Story of the Week - Archive
Jul 18, 2016 : Space-based Distance Learning for ITIs
Jul 09, 2016 : MOU Signed Between ISRO and MoRD for geo-tagging the assets of MGNREGA
Jul 04, 2016 : Desertification and Land Degradation Atlas released
Jun 27, 2016 : PSLV Upper Stage Engines (PS4) successfully restarted in space
Jun 19, 2016 : Indian First Communication Satellite – APPLE
Jun 13, 2016 : MOM successfully came out of ‘whiteout’ Phase
Jun 06, 2016 : Mosaic of Martian North Pole and Ice Cap from MOM

Global Defence

Articles