INSAS Rifle, LMG & Carbine

abingdonboy

Country flag

Nice nice nice. CISF should replace all MP5s with the JVPC, I always liked the idea of seeing CISF with JVPC at airports and metros.

Clearly JVPC is destined to be a huge success- 10,000s will be inducted across India regardless of the IA’s stupid games. Plenty of 9mm carbines in service with the IAF and IN too that’s need replacing.

uoftotaku

Country flag
JVPC has the potential to become THE perfect weapon for Police. Just the right combo of short range stopping power, penetration and compact size. OFB really have to be on the ball for QC in production, this seems to be their last chance to improve their game, IA has already written them off, if CAPF also lose confidence then its GG for Ishapore and Trichy.

Craigs

Country flag
JVPC has the potential to become THE perfect weapon for Police. Just the right combo of short range stopping power, penetration and compact size. OFB really have to be on the ball for QC in production, this seems to be their last chance to improve their game, IA has already written them off, if CAPF also lose confidence then its GG for Ishapore and Trichy.
They don't care, govt pension whether any one buys from them or not (HMT anyone).

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
Lets really hope JVPC exhibits better quality than INSAS family ! If Quality turns out to be bad, instead of shelving the orders, need to transfer the design and manufacturing lines to pvt players so that a local weapon does not die (again !)

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Country flag
The hilarious thing is that this should be so easy. Small arms should be approached just like ATAGS, with ARDE producing something like MCIWS family with the private sector. I have some faith Bharat Forge and ARDE can produce something decent. This will never happen now with OFB/AK203 and private sector/outside designs.

At this point I dont care if the whole INSAS family can go and the private sector can produce whatever outside OEM designs they want. If it means bringing in more competition, modern small arms and methodologies.

Last edited:

republic_roi97

Country flag
If only they could have added a milled polymer receiver and polymer adjustable iron sights to this beauty, we would have had an export quality gun for IA. Unfortunately they have used sub par alloys even for this.

Is it still under development or cancelled ?

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Country flag
Is it still under development or cancelled ?

As of know guessing shelved. Unless they're doing something internally, which I doubt. I think the internal trials were over too. IA killed it when they changed the original requirement. I havent seen any new displays of it.

It's funny because now they ended up with 3 calibers, 3 different rifles - Carbine requirement, SIG, and AK203. Like wtf is wrong with these guys?

Last edited:

republic_roi97

Country flag
As of know guessing shelved. Unless they're doing something internally, which I doubt. I think the internal trials were over too. IA killed it when they changed the original requirement. I havent seen any new displays of it.

It's funny because now they ended up with 3 calibers, 3 different rifles - Carbine requirement, SIG, and AK203. Like wtf is wrong with these guys?
I hope that CDS changes this attitude of our military. This is just unacceptable.

uoftotaku

Country flag
I hope that CDS changes this attitude of our military. This is just unacceptable.
Its an institutional problem. Not going to change so easily. Gen.VK Singh tried but look at what happened to him. Too many entrenched interests with lot of money at stake. And OFB have not done themselves any favors over the years with their shoddy quality, unrealistic performance claims and bad attitude. IA is not an easy customer to deal with for sure but OFB themselves have provided plenty of avenues of criticism.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Country flag
The small arms thing perplexes me. Im not so knowledgeable, but this is how I remembered it.

First was the multi caliber requirement and carbine requirement. Both scrapped multi caliber due to them not wanting any of the 3 calibers the design was to hold and now wants the SLR round back(fine, not bad single round I say). Carbine due to single vendor rule? Then the AK203 comes out of fucking no where and bypasses everything else as a rifle, caliber for the forces, "not in the front line"(like okay?). So now you'll have SIGs flouting around, AK203s, some sort of carbine, OFB factories pushing their shitting INSAS variants, all of which arent compatible with each other, like great.:crazy:

Last edited:

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Country flag

Articles