INS Chakra/Akula II

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
what about brahmos ?
I don't think so because Klub and BrahMos apparently have different dimensions and to fit that in, we will need to modify the Nerpa's missile bays. Since we haven't (and cannot) bought it, we don't need to take that needless cost involved.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Brahmos Corp has designed universal launcher to fir Club & Brahmos missile in same system.

Maybe Nerpa has one ? Or without any submarine tests, they've dropped the plan for now & maybe new subs will have it.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Brahmos Corp has designed universal launcher to fir Club & Brahmos missile in same system.

Maybe Nerpa has one ? Or without any submarine tests, they've dropped the plan for now & maybe new subs will have it.

But we only need Nerpa to train our sailors for Arihant. I'd prefer to have BrahMos on Scorpenes and even Arihant (for conventional protection).

JAISWAL

But can we use k-15(after it is ready) or SL version of Nirbhay / saurya(after it is ready) in the russian leased sub. Nerpa.
I am quite septical as i heard that Nerpa can only use Brahmos except torpidos.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Can anyone give me the exact limitations that Russia has placed in India regarding armaments on the Nerpa ? I am getting conflicting reports of the missiles it can carry..some say we are free to put any missile on it as long as its indigenously made thereby not violating MTCR and some are saying Russia doesn't allow the Nerpa to carry any missile as it violates NPT.

Thanks.

JAISWAL

^^^ yes , there are various conflicting report about missiles armament of Nerpa.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
every thing ia fair in war. Who cares about which sub fire the missile if situation become worse, they are not going to international court for that.

Illusive

Country flag
every thing ia fair in war. Who cares about which sub fire the missile if situation become worse, they are not going to international court for that.
What about during peace times, can we test our SLBM's then? I am sure we leased a nuke sub not just to gather intel, but what if we do break this treaty, what are the fallouts?

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
it is not a treaty, but an agreement with Russia, all will depend on terms of lease, but i must tell you that we Indians are smart people, since Russians cannot sell us nuke sub therefore we asked for lease.

Btw this sub will be used to ascort arihant and its sister sub aganist any attack.
We can use our missile in sub if ageement of lease provide us with that option.

pankaj nema

Country flag
You know Guys I will celebrate only when the submarine safely reaches home
Indian Navy must send a very strong fleet to safely accompany this precious submarine home

The Chinese friends must have definitely planned some nasty surprise for us on the way

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
signature of sub is very imortant, therefore we need to protect it. We have experiance in operating this kind of sub, therefore all steps must have been have taken. Plus w regularly operate other subs and russians also don't want their signature in wrong hands.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Russia hands over N-submarine to India | Newspaper | DAWN.COM

India has promised not to arm the submarine with nuclear-tipped cruise missiles under its obligations to international treaties it adopted after conducting a series of atomic tests in the 1990s. But Pakistan is worried over the craft`s delivery.`Rest assured, there will be no compromise in terms of maintaining the credibility of our deterrence, spokesman for Pakistan`s Foreign Office Abdul Basit was quoted as saying by The Asian Age newspaper this week.
:rofl:

Lol no treaty was signed by Pakistanis are assuming it otherwise. :taunt1:

bhramos

Country flag
can anyone tell me what is the Distance between Russian port and Vizag, and how many days does it need to travel!!!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles